Thread Rating:

EvenBob
EvenBob
  • Threads: 441
January 6th, 2011 at 6:09:15 PM permalink
Interesting question. He's 52, never been married, is never seen with women, and guards his private life like a Doberman guards its food. I personally think he is, and I always have. Why won't he come out, whats he ashamed of?

http://gawker.com/5714153/kevin-spacey-will-say-everything-but-im-gay
"It's not called gambling if the math is on your side."
EvenBob
EvenBob
January 6th, 2011 at 10:45:21 PM permalink
Quote: EvenBob

Interesting question. He's 52, never been married,

Everyone knew Rock Hudson was Gay in Hollywood, but the Press never wrote about it. Famous actor Clifton Webb was a different matter. The Gay community knew he was, but the Press just suspected it. He never married, lived with his mother till in his 70's, and dressed and acted like what they called a 'dandy' in those days. Robert Wagner, who in his youth made several movies with Webb, and was pretty as a girl, said Webb never made a pass at him, ever. Clifton Webb is a fascinating person, they should make a movie of his life. Noël Coward remarked, at the passing of Webb's mother, "It must be terrible to be orphaned at 71.' Noël Coward was, of course, one of the most talented Gay men of the 20th century and he never came out either, it would have ruined his career.
dm
dm
  • Threads: 14
January 7th, 2011 at 10:15:20 AM permalink
Maybe he's not gay and ashamed of that.
EvenBob
EvenBob
January 7th, 2011 at 2:55:38 PM permalink
Quote: dm

Maybe he's not gay and ashamed of that.

Thats very funny. But he has always gone out of his way to avoid any mention of his private life, something is going on.
rdw4potus
rdw4potus
  • Threads: 80
January 8th, 2011 at 8:20:35 PM permalink
I've always wondered if he was bi-curious or asexual-but-curious. He's played some sexually prodding roles. He's a fantastic actor, but the sexuality aspects of those roles always felt a little too natural - kinda like when Ben Affleck plays a drunken frat boy type - it's like he's not even acting.
"So as the clock ticked and the day passed, opportunity met preparation, and luck happened." - Maurice Clarett
EvenBob
EvenBob
January 9th, 2011 at 3:58:21 PM permalink
Quote: rdw4potus

I've always wondered if he was bi-curious or asexual-but-curious. He's played some sexually prodding roles. He's a fantastic actor, but the sexuality aspects of those roles always felt a little too natural - kinda like when Ben Affleck plays a drunken frat boy type - it's like he's not even acting.

I like some of the parts he plays, but he's overly smug much of the time. He's not real big on showing vulnerability in his acting, I wonder why..
EvenBob
EvenBob
January 10th, 2011 at 4:54:30 PM permalink
Speaking of Rock Hudson, I remember in the 80's when Rock was rumored to have a long affair with Jim Nabors (Gomer Pyle) and people just went nuts. Nabors denied it, but is now out of the closet. Rock and Gomer? I still can't wrap my mind around that, its way to weird..
pacomartin
pacomartin
  • Threads: 649
January 14th, 2011 at 3:57:22 PM permalink
Quote: Kevin Spacey

People have different reasons for the way they live their lives. You cannot put everyone's reasons in the same box. It's just a line I've never crossed and never will," he says. Later, he asserts that not revealing his sexuality publicly does not qualify as living a lie.

• Jump to: