Thread Rating:

DRich
DRich
  • Threads: 79
January 8th, 2014 at 12:41:20 PM permalink
Quote: djatc

Hey now I know many straight people who drives Miatas.

1. Myself

Don't worry, no one is judging you.
Order from chaos
djatc
djatc
  • Threads: 83
January 8th, 2014 at 2:11:51 PM permalink
Speaking of I need to get the Miata repainted.

I have heard Miatas being chick cars, but it's a cheap RWD car that I used to enjoy taking sideways until I crashed into a guard rail, but that's another story.... Also I like 2 seaters. I'm very utilitarian in my automobile choices and prefer no extra weight or luggage space. It does get hectic carrying suitcases however. When I moved to Las Vegas I had to cram the passenger seat with my bags and couldn't see the other side. Not a fun 1000 mile drive from Washington state.
"Man Babes" #AxelFabulous
DRich
DRich
  • Threads: 79
January 8th, 2014 at 2:44:11 PM permalink

Speaking of I need to get the Miata repainted.

I have heard Miatas being chick cars, but it's a cheap RWD car that I used to enjoy taking sideways until I crashed into a guard rail, but that's another story.... Also I like 2 seaters. I'm very utilitarian in my automobile choices and prefer no extra weight or luggage space. It does get hectic carrying suitcases however. When I moved to Las Vegas I had to cram the passenger seat with my bags and couldn't see the other side. Not a fun 1000 mile drive from Washington state.

I moved from one apartment in Las Vegas to another one in my Miata. One trip. Mainly just clothes and my 19" TV.
Order from chaos
onenickelmiracle
onenickelmiracle
  • Threads: 212
January 8th, 2014 at 2:54:49 PM permalink
Miatas are just for obese people to lose weight last time I heard.
I am a robot.
onenickelmiracle
onenickelmiracle
  • Threads: 212
January 8th, 2014 at 2:54:51 PM permalink
Miatas are just for obese people to lose weight last time I heard.
I am a robot.
EvenBob
EvenBob
  • Threads: 434
January 8th, 2014 at 9:23:56 PM permalink
Woman's car for sure.

"It's not enough to succeed, your friends must fail." Gore Vidal
AxiomOfChoice
AxiomOfChoice
  • Threads: 32
January 8th, 2014 at 9:34:08 PM permalink

I used to enjoy taking sideways until I crashed into a guard rail

You should get one of these: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7XmS-dqQv9s&t=7s

(watch very carefully. Notice the spring actually come out the side of the car and the front wheel go sideways. And somehow the car still drives away)
Face
Administrator
Face
  • Threads: 49
January 9th, 2014 at 9:44:12 AM permalink

Hey now I know many straight people who drives Miatas.

1. Myself

Is that "bye bye Kitty" car actually yours, djatc's? If so, I need to know the color. A part number from the manufacturer would be nice. (although I'm suspecting a rattle can)

Girl car, gay car, the terms are interchangable to me. And, although I do not like them much at all, the Miata is certainly not either.

My old man says he wants one, and after being raised in the back of his Cuda when it was warm and 442 when it was cold, a part of me dies everytime he says it. BUT, you cannot argue this car into any corner or label it as anything other than "One of the Greats".

Sure, it's styled a little soft with its round and slightly droopy fenders. And yeah, the hampster under the hood could use a shot of cocaine. But it's a front engined, rear drive roadster. It is the ultimate in beginner class auto cross platforms. While you might judge the slim, bearded man behind the wheel as an "otter", he can't hear you over the joy of the buzz going on behind his eyeballs. And if raw power is the only thing that gets you off, it is entirely possible to squeeze an LS1 under the hood and give you a power to rate ratio only dreamt of by anyone with more than 6 figures of net worth, all at a working man's price.

The Miata will forever be etched into the automotive scrolls of awesomeness. It has character. It has performance. It hits that tuning fork in the heart of anyone who enjoys the experience behind the wheel. And for that reason, it can never, ever be "ghey".
The opinions of this moderator are for entertainment purposes only.
Mosca
Mosca
  • Threads: 181
January 9th, 2014 at 6:27:19 PM permalink
I drive one, and I'm indifferent to what people think about it.

NO KILL I
Face
Administrator
Face
  • Threads: 49
January 9th, 2014 at 11:25:11 PM permalink
Quote: Mosca

I drive one, and I'm indifferent to what people think about it.

Look at its face, it's happy as a clam out on the track. Kinda simple and dopey, but definitely happy =D
The opinions of this moderator are for entertainment purposes only.

• Jump to: