cono
cono
  • Threads: 5
February 1st, 2012 at 2:26:14 PM permalink
Today at work a coworker offered me his Superbowl football pot square. It is $100. He hasn't paid yet, and is a little short on cash. The numbers have already been drawn and he says he has 7 and 3. I haven't looked at a copy of the sheet yet to verify. I am thinking these numbers aren't the best, but still not to bad.
i don't have any money on the game yet but would like to get in on a pot. So looking for some opinions. Wait for new pot, hoping for better numbers or take the "not so bad numbers" he is offering.
s2dbaker
s2dbaker
  • Threads: 51
February 1st, 2012 at 2:35:52 PM permalink
I don't smoke pot myself but a guy I know says that his supply has dried up. Maybe you should get his stash even if it is that crappy quality overpriced Super Bowl pot.

:)

(Smileyface indicates kidding)
Someday, joor goin' to see the name of Googie Gomez in lights and joor goin' to say to joorself, "Was that her?" and then joor goin' to answer to joorself, "That was her!" But you know somethin' mister? I was always her yuss nobody knows it! - Googie Gomez
cclub79
cclub79
  • Threads: 35
February 1st, 2012 at 2:58:38 PM permalink
Quote: cono

Today at work a coworker offered me his Superbowl football pot square. It is $100. He hasn't paid yet, and is a little short on cash. The numbers have already been drawn and he says he has 7 and 3. I haven't looked at a copy of the sheet yet to verify. I am thinking these numbers aren't the best, but still not to bad.
i don't have any money on the game yet but would like to get in on a pot. So looking for some opinions. Wait for new pot, hoping for better numbers or take the "not so bad numbers" he is offering.

7 and 3 aren't "not so bad numbers"; they are great numbers. Only 0 is better, and getting both 7 and 3 is going to be one of the top 6 squares.
Ayecarumba
Ayecarumba
  • Threads: 236
February 1st, 2012 at 3:09:17 PM permalink
Quote: cono

From the Wizard's previous response to a smilar question (Ask the Wizard #156), the most likely numbers are (in decending order): 7043168952

So, 7 and 3 are pretty good. Which team is 7?
Simplicity is the ultimate sophistication - Leonardo da Vinci
cono
cono
  • Threads: 5
February 1st, 2012 at 3:34:38 PM permalink
Quote: Ayecarumba

From the Wizard's previous response to a smilar question (Ask the Wizard #156), the most likely numbers are (in decending order): 7043168952

My coworker didn't mention which team had which number and I haven't seen the actual sheet yet. Judging from the response's it looks like I should take $100 to work with me tomorrow and hope the offer still stands.
cclub79
cclub79
  • Threads: 35
February 1st, 2012 at 3:34:51 PM permalink
Quote: Ayecarumba

I'm not positive, but was that for every quarter or just the final score? I couldn't tell by the Ask the Wiz. Because if you've got the grids for every quarter, I'd much rather have 3 than 4. You aren't getting to 4 until 14, but 3, you get at 03 and a good shot at 13.
Ayecarumba
Ayecarumba
February 1st, 2012 at 3:36:09 PM permalink
Good luck! In any case, it is fun to have a rooting interest.
Ayecarumba
Ayecarumba
February 1st, 2012 at 3:46:26 PM permalink
Quote: cclub79

I'm not positive, but was that for every quarter or just the final score? I couldn't tell by the Ask the Wiz. Because if you've got the grids for every quarter, I'd much rather have 3 than 4. You aren't getting to 4 until 14, but 3, you get at 03 and a good shot at 13.

I think the Wizard's analysis was just on final scores. I hope that he sees this to clarify.

If I could pick my numbers, I would think 0-0 would be pretty good since you are already on them when the game starts, and 7 and 3 are common scores. You chances go way down once a team scores, but you could at least pick up a quarter (or two).
PapaChubby
PapaChubby
  • Threads: 11
February 1st, 2012 at 5:49:07 PM permalink
No need for chit-chat. If you can get a 7/3 square for the same price as a random square, you want to jump on it. This is such a good deal that it seems kinda fishy. I'd estimate that the fair value of this square is around $250.
  • Jump to: