EvenBob
EvenBob
  • Threads: 423
May 12th, 2011 at 5:06:38 AM permalink
I'm thinking, how do we really know? Where's the proof? Obama says so, big deal. Did they capture him and have him squirreled away somewhere? Where is the pic of his dead body? We saw a pic of Saddam, we saw Bonnie and Clyde, and John Kennedy, and Dillinger, and MLK, and Al Capone, even the Old West bad guys. Dozens of pics of dead gangsters have been on the front pages of our newspapers for decades. We have pics of Lincoln. But we can't see Bin Laden? HUH??? Something fishy is going on.
"It's not enough to succeed, your friends must fail." Gore Vidal
odiousgambit
odiousgambit
  • Threads: 300
May 12th, 2011 at 5:51:01 AM permalink
Al Qaeda acknowledged they got him.
the next time Dame Fortune toys with your heart, your soul and your wallet, raise your glass and praise her thus: “Thanks for nothing, you cold-hearted, evil, damnable, nefarious, low-life, malicious monster from Hell!” She is, after all, stone deaf. ... Arnold Snyder
JimbodaBimbo
JimbodaBimbo
  • Threads: 0
May 12th, 2011 at 5:56:37 AM permalink
Quote: odiousgambit

All they know is what we told the world. The way info is trickling out is consistent with a capture. If they're really sifting through 100 flash drives then the info is coming out much too fast. You just never know.
EvenBob
EvenBob
  • Threads: 423
May 12th, 2011 at 2:43:21 PM permalink
Quote: odiousgambit

Even thats fishy. How is it to their benefit to announce he's dead? They would get far more mileage out of a statement that says he's still alive.
"It's not enough to succeed, your friends must fail." Gore Vidal
rxwine
rxwine
  • Threads: 163
May 12th, 2011 at 3:16:27 PM permalink
Quote: EvenBob

I Something fishy is going on.

He sleeps with the fishes.
Quasimodo? Does that name ring a bell?
pacomartin
pacomartin
  • Threads: 649
May 12th, 2011 at 4:35:34 PM permalink
Quote: EvenBob

I'm thinking, how do we really know? Where's the proof? Obama says so, big deal. Did they capture him and have him squirreled away somewhere? Where is the pic of his dead body?

You can fake a photo. If you are going to doubt something you question any so called "proof".

Saddam was a secular leader and he doesn't have the near religious worldwide following of Bin Laden. I support the president's decision on this one.
AZDuffman
AZDuffman
  • Threads: 221
May 12th, 2011 at 5:24:38 PM permalink
Quote: pacomartin

You can fake a photo. If you are going to doubt something you question any so called "proof".

Saddam was a secular leader and he doesn't have the near religious worldwide following of Bin Laden. I support the president's decision on this one.

The problem is that it is simply yet another accomidation to jihadist muslims. We didn't worry about "offending" Germans by showing the concentration camps. If they want to riot over it, let them.
All animals are equal, but some are more equal than others
Nareed
Nareed
  • Threads: 373
May 12th, 2011 at 5:29:27 PM permalink
Is water really wet?
Donald Trump is a fucking criminal
AZDuffman
AZDuffman
  • Threads: 221
May 12th, 2011 at 5:40:51 PM permalink
Quote: Nareed

Is water really wet?

What is the oppisite of oppisite?
All animals are equal, but some are more equal than others
rxwine
rxwine
  • Threads: 163
May 12th, 2011 at 5:49:12 PM permalink
Quote:

The problem is that it is simply yet another accomidation to jihadist muslims.

I'm okay if our troops are okay with it. There the ones that have to deal with it, not me, you, or the President. General Petraus wasn't on board with burning the Quarans. I assume it's not because he's really sympathetic to Islam.

Maybe he's wrong -- but still the people in favor of offending them should be on the front lines then.
Quasimodo? Does that name ring a bell?

• Jump to: