Pando
Pando
  • Threads: 41
April 12th, 2011 at 1:47:22 AM permalink
I have been testing a playing method for my own use and have tested it on my 1300+ actual spins (on a single zero wheel) from Macau, and tested it in "Roulette Extreme" which I recently purchased.

It involves betting on dozens only.

Firstly I observed spin outcomes until one of the dozens had not occurred in the previous 5 spins. Then I bet on that dozen using a progression on 2,2,3,5,7,10,15,22.

I found that in 31% of cases the next spin (after the five misses) was a hit, another 24% came up in the following (7th) spin, and another 20% in the next (8th) spin. So around 75% hit within 3 spins after starting betting.

I am trying to cover my previous bets with each spin and the first bet is loaded as it has the highest percentage of hits.

My question is, is my progression the best betting option.
WizardofEngland
WizardofEngland
  • Threads: 61
April 12th, 2011 at 2:02:47 AM permalink
In a word.

No
http://wizardofvegas.com/forum/off-topic/general/10042-woes-black-sheep-game-ii/#post151727
FleaStiff
FleaStiff
  • Threads: 265
April 12th, 2011 at 2:19:33 AM permalink
>It involves betting on dozens only.
There are THREE "dozens" in roulette. This means you are betting on 36 numbers. Now in Vegas you will only find a few Single Zero wheels, so I only recall off-hand the numbers for the Double Zero wheel but there is a trick to the math: Its 5.26 percent against you on a Double Zero wheel. Its half that on a Single Zero wheel. Now maybe your math skills are good enough to figure out what half of 5.26 percent is. If so, That is the house edge you are playing againt.

No progression, regression, aggression or any type of gression is going to change that house edge.

>Firstly I observed spin outcomes until one of the dozens had not occurred in the previous 5 spins. Then I bet on that dozen
I usually wait until a beautiful girl walks by and then make a dozens bet. This way my dozens bet has a 5.26 percent house edge.
Some players wait until two beautiful girls walk by and then make a dozens bet. Their dozens bet has a 5.26 percent house edge.
I imagine that those who wait for five beautiful girls to walk by and then make a dozens bet face the same 5.26 percent house edge.

So I guess by now you get the idea: A dozens bet has, on a double zero wheel, a 5.26 percent house edge and this does not change. The beautiful girls have no effect on that next spin of the wheel and the prior spins of that wheel have no effect on that next spin of the wheel.

The only difference between my Double Zero wheel and your Single Zero wheel is 5.26 percent and whatever half of that amount is.

Now if you want a betting progression of some sort .. well that is simple. No super-secret sequence of digits will alter anything. Any sort of Martingale or Martingale-like "Double Up, To Catch Up" stuff will not affect that house edge.

If your system is fun for you... go for it.
If you win, enjoy the money.
If you lose, you can blame the beautiful girls or blame the prior five spins or blame your progression sequence. It makes no difference.
DeMango
DeMango
  • Threads: 36
April 12th, 2011 at 8:15:58 AM permalink
Getting a 3 to 1 payout would be better achieved by a naked 3 or 11 buy bet at a crapless table. Heckuva lot lower vig on a vig paid on a win layout. Of course the bet would lose on a visit by the cocktail waitress but hey that's gambling.
When a rock is thrown into a pack of dogs, the one that yells the loudest is the one who got hit.
  • Jump to: