Thread Rating:

RobSinger
RobSinger
  • Threads: 5
March 27th, 2011 at 4:16:46 PM permalink
In my brief encounter with MKL a few months ago I saw an angry, hateful person. Now that I'm seeing him in-action personally on this forum--as he invades practically every thread with conflict while slipping in a few innocent starters in the hope his vitriol is forgotten, I understand. And the fact that he's the most prolific of posters here even though he hasn't been around all that long and has probably been suspended for half of it, clears it up even more.

How do you get him to stop?
teddys
teddys
  • Threads: 150
March 27th, 2011 at 4:18:30 PM permalink
Who cares? Stop making thread topics about the guy.
"Dice, verily, are armed with goads and driving-hooks, deceiving and tormenting, causing grievous woe." -Rig Veda 10.34.4
mkl654321
mkl654321
  • Threads: 65
March 27th, 2011 at 4:41:44 PM permalink
Quote: RobSinger

In my brief encounter with MKL a few months ago I saw an angry, hateful person. Now that I'm seeing him in-action personally on this forum--as he invades practically every thread with conflict while slipping in a few innocent starters in the hope his vitriol is forgotten, I understand. And the fact that he's the most prolific of posters here even though he hasn't been around all that long and has probably been suspended for half of it, clears it up even more.

This post says much more about you than about me. And your encounters with me were anything but brief, in your incarnation as "JerryLogan". You got outed; deal with it. There's no point in trying to pretend that you aren't/weren't JerryLogan; you just look foolish by trying to do so.

The fact that I continually oppose and expose you as a fraud has more to do with your antipathy toward me than anything else. Stick to the subjects you know (i.e., NOT video poker), lay off the childish behavior, and you'll do fine here. Otherwise (and probably, inevitably), not so fine.
The fact that a believer is happier than a skeptic is no more to the point than the fact that a drunken man is happier than a sober one. The happiness of credulity is a cheap and dangerous quality.---George Bernard Shaw
RobSinger
RobSinger
March 27th, 2011 at 4:47:02 PM permalink
I think the words "metastasized cancer" about sums it up.
timberjim
timberjim
  • Threads: 33
March 27th, 2011 at 4:49:10 PM permalink

Easy - block him like I did long ago. I found myself being drawn down to his level and it absolutely was not worth it and I was embarrassed at some of the things I said.
mkl654321
mkl654321
March 27th, 2011 at 4:50:57 PM permalink

Easy--quit the forum like you did before. Then you'll never, never see any of my posts again.
The fact that a believer is happier than a skeptic is no more to the point than the fact that a drunken man is happier than a sober one. The happiness of credulity is a cheap and dangerous quality.---George Bernard Shaw
EvenBob
EvenBob
  • Threads: 441
March 27th, 2011 at 4:52:10 PM permalink
Quote: timberjim

Easy - block him like I did long ago

Its so simple. If everybody blocked him, he'd be talking to himself.
"It's not called gambling if the math is on your side."
mkl654321
mkl654321
March 27th, 2011 at 4:53:24 PM permalink

"Sum", not "sums"--the subject of the sentence was plural. Subject/verb agreement is the topic of Wednesday's lecture in my class: I invite you to attend. (Note: had you said "phrase", the sentence would have been grammatically correct.)
mkl654321
mkl654321
March 27th, 2011 at 4:54:19 PM permalink
Quote: EvenBob

Its so simple. If everybody blocked him, he'd be talking to himself.

But wow, Bob, not everyone thinks the way you do.
Nareed
Nareed
  • Threads: 373
March 27th, 2011 at 5:04:47 PM permalink

Such words about your soul-mate! You should be ashamed of yourself.
Donald Trump is a fucking criminal
RobSinger
RobSinger
March 27th, 2011 at 5:31:18 PM permalink
Quote: timberjim

Easy - block him like I did long ago. I found myself being drawn down to his level and it absolutely was not worth it and I was embarrassed at some of the things I said.

I just located and activated the BLOCK feature--thanks! It's obvious he does this for need of attention. Must live alone--and I wonder why....

Yikes! I also just noticed that wherever MKL feels the need to obliterate a thread, the system tells you AND THEY'RE ALL OVER THE PLACE!
mkl654321
mkl654321
March 27th, 2011 at 9:25:10 PM permalink

I just located and activated the BLOCK feature--thanks! It's obvious he does this for need of attention. Must live alone--and I wonder why....

Yikes! I also just noticed that wherever MKL feels the need to obliterate a thread, the system tells you AND THEY'RE ALL OVER THE PLACE!

JerryLogan has spoken!
DeMango
DeMango
  • Threads: 36
March 28th, 2011 at 1:50:58 AM permalink
If only the system would not show that a message is blocked. I want nothing to show at all. Oh well....
When a rock is thrown into a pack of dogs, the one that yells the loudest is the one who got hit.
EvenBob
EvenBob
  • Threads: 441
March 28th, 2011 at 3:01:29 AM permalink
Quote: DeMango

If only the system would not show that a message is blocked. I want nothing to show at all. Oh well....

The warning's are everywhere, its like you just avoided a land mine. Whew...
"It's not called gambling if the math is on your side."
RonDiaz
RonDiaz
  • Threads: 4
March 28th, 2011 at 7:25:35 AM permalink

Thanks for the info folks, I did not realize there is a block feature on this board. I have enabled it as well. I am with Rob, I'd prefer if it gave me an option that I wouldn't see anything at all. Anyways thanks again for the tip.
mrjjj
mrjjj
  • Threads: 75
March 28th, 2011 at 9:14:48 AM permalink

I agree 100% !!!

Ken
dm
dm
  • Threads: 14
March 28th, 2011 at 9:23:34 AM permalink
I have had him blocked for a long time. Please update this number if you have him blocked. Wizard might be interested.

AZDuffman
AZDuffman
  • Threads: 240
March 28th, 2011 at 9:26:18 AM permalink
Quote: dm

I have had him blocked for a long time. Please update this number if you have him blocked. Wizard might be interested.

All animals are equal, but some are more equal than others
thecesspit
thecesspit
  • Threads: 53
March 28th, 2011 at 9:56:46 AM permalink
Quote: AZDuffman

If the Wizard cares, he can get the information from the database.
"Then you can admire the real gambler, who has neither eaten, slept, thought nor lived, he has so smarted under the scourge of his martingale, so suffered on the rack of his desire for a coup at trente-et-quarante" - Honore de Balzac, 1829
mrjjj
mrjjj
  • Threads: 75
May 28th, 2011 at 12:17:01 PM permalink
Quote: dm

I block nobody, its not all that important to me. If I dont like a certain thread/post, I dont read it. Problem solved.

Ken
  • Jump to: