(Obviously, buy in for $500)
I will play UTH because i like the game better than the other table games.
I will play the $10 table min (plus $2 on Trips 865) because i have time to kill.
How much profit before quitting?
So does this $50 loss rebate offer expire at midnight?
Do you have to pay them 10% of your winnings?
I'd work on losing $500 to collect the $50, then plunking down another $500 and winning $1,000 back, but it'd be at a Black Jack table with $25 bets or something. I'm sure the $50 might cover a meal. I'm skipping meals until I start winning $15/trip in points instead of 50 cents. The 0% payback on my measly $10 free plays is not adding up.
Quote: 100xOddsLet's say there's a New player sign up table game promo: 10% loss rebate up to $50
(Obviously, buy in for $500)
I will play UTH because i like the game better than the other table games.
I will play the $10 table min (plus $2 on Trips 865) because i have time to kill.
How much profit before quitting?
link to original post
I don't know the math of the game but I would bet much more, probably $50 per hand and cash out with a $200 or $250 profit.
Otherwise, why not just make one $500 Baccarat bet? Bet Banker: if you win, you win $475 after the 5% commission. If you lose, the 10% rebate makes your effective loss only $450.
Unless, of course, the promo has some qualification, like a play-through requirement, that prevents you from doing it with a single bet?
Along these same lines, a rolling loss rebate of even just a few percent, absent any other advantage play, may create +EV.
The key is that the rebate has to be structured so you may close out a losing session and lock in the rebate while preserving the opportunity to continue playing separately—such as at another casino, or at the same casino after whatever period resets the casino’s definition of a “trip.”
Otherwise, later winnings may simply offset the earlier loss and reduce or eliminate the rebate.
Quote: DRichQuote: 100xOddsLet's say there's a New player sign up table game promo: 10% loss rebate up to $50
(Obviously, buy in for $500)
I will play UTH because i like the game better than the other table games.
I will play the $10 table min (plus $2 on Trips 865) because i have time to kill.
How much profit before quitting?
link to original post
I don't know the math of the game but I would bet much more, probably $50 per hand and cash out with a $200 or $250 profit.
link to original post
I understand the reasoning of the $50 bet.
Why quit at $200 or $250?
Quote: 100xOddsQuote: DRichQuote: 100xOddsLet's say there's a New player sign up table game promo: 10% loss rebate up to $50
(Obviously, buy in for $500)
I will play UTH because i like the game better than the other table games.
I will play the $10 table min (plus $2 on Trips 865) because i have time to kill.
How much profit before quitting?
link to original post
I don't know the math of the game but I would bet much more, probably $50 per hand and cash out with a $200 or $250 profit.
link to original post
I understand the reasoning of the $50 bet.
Why quit at $200 or $250?
link to original post
The $200 or $250 is just a guess on my part. Four or five times the potential rebate seems like a good meter to me to stop at. There have been other conversations on this site about the math for optimizing loss rebates. In my mind risking more than $250 for a potential $50 rebate seems like a poor choice.

