SOOPOO
SOOPOO
  • Threads: 122
January 5th, 2011 at 1:48:41 PM permalink
Maybe I have been fooled by skillful actors, but I still believe that they are actually 2 separate people. The whole trucking magnate married to a Mexican woman scenario is so clever, if it is not true. Although there are many doubters as to the existence of our Jerry Logan, I would say mkl is the first to make that assertion. Recently there has also been 'evidence' presented suggesting that they are one in the same person. Is there anyone of us who would put up real money and bet that there is no trucking magnate Jerry Logan? I would surmise that if a reasonable sum was willing to be wagered, with the Wiz as the holder of the money, that Jerry would show up in Vegas to collect it. Of course if they are one in the same, then you would never really win money...... But..... who is willing to assert with that much certainty that JL and RS are one person... that they will put up real money if they are wrong?
rdw4potus
rdw4potus
  • Threads: 80
January 5th, 2011 at 2:04:07 PM permalink
Quote: SOOPOO

Maybe I have been fooled by skillful actors, but I still believe that they are actually 2 separate people. The whole trucking magnate married to a Mexican woman scenario is so clever, if it is not true. Although there are many doubters as to the existence of our Jerry Logan, I would say mkl is the first to make that assertion. Recently there has also been 'evidence' presented suggesting that they are one in the same person. Is there anyone of us who would put up real money and bet that there is no trucking magnate Jerry Logan? I would surmise that if a reasonable sum was willing to be wagered, with the Wiz as the holder of the money, that Jerry would show up in Vegas to collect it. Of course if they are one in the same, then you would never really win money...... But..... who is willing to assert with that much certainty that JL and RS are one person... that they will put up real money if they are wrong?

I now think it's more of a Cyrano situation. JL exists, but he just parrots what RS says - maybe to the extent that RS even uses the account of JL. I would bet that RS and JL's accounts here are penned by the same poster, but there is no way to prove that. Nor is there any way to prove that Jerry Logan (if he exists - I think Avargov knows he does) the man is responsible for the posts of Jerry Logan the online persona.
"So as the clock ticked and the day passed, opportunity met preparation, and luck happened." - Maurice Clarett
thecesspit
thecesspit
  • Threads: 53
January 5th, 2011 at 2:21:21 PM permalink
I am sure Jerry and Rob LOVE all this attention and speculation.

Jerry love being talked about and thinking he's king of the hill, and the number ONE attraction. Rob thinks anyone who doubts him is amusing and pitiable. Between them, I am sure they are happy...
"Then you can admire the real gambler, who has neither eaten, slept, thought nor lived, he has so smarted under the scourge of his martingale, so suffered on the rack of his desire for a coup at trente-et-quarante" - Honore de Balzac, 1829
Wizard
Administrator
Wizard
  • Threads: 1493
January 5th, 2011 at 2:28:46 PM permalink
Quote: thecesspit

I am sure Jerry and Rob LOVE all this attention and speculation.

At least Jerry does. It does not escape him that when he is on suspension we continue to talk about him -- a lot.
"For with much wisdom comes much sorrow." -- Ecclesiastes 1:18 (NIV)
mkl654321
mkl654321
  • Threads: 65
January 5th, 2011 at 4:05:02 PM permalink
Quote: Wizard

At least Jerry does. It does not escape him that when he is on suspension we continue to talk about him -- a lot.

Well, people talked a lot about the bubonic plague in 1350. They talked about dust storms in Kansas in 1935. They talked a lot about the stock market in 1929. They talked a lot about Godzilla when he stomped downtown Tokyo.

Pestilences, in other words, are often the subject of conversations among the people on whom they are inflicted.

Hi, RobJerry :)
The fact that a believer is happier than a skeptic is no more to the point than the fact that a drunken man is happier than a sober one. The happiness of credulity is a cheap and dangerous quality.---George Bernard Shaw
EvenBob
EvenBob
  • Threads: 441
January 5th, 2011 at 4:08:49 PM permalink
Quote: mkl654321

Well, people talked a lot about the bubonic plague in 1350. They talked about dust storms in Kansas in 1935. They talked a lot about the stock market in 1929. They talked a lot about Godzilla when he stomped downtown Tokyo.

Pestilences, in other words, are often the subject of conversations among the people on whom they are inflicted.

Hi, RobJerry :)

Jerry doesn't have a prayer of not getting banned again, he's his own worst enemy. He posts before he thinks, he doesn't have a chance.
"It's not called gambling if the math is on your side."
mkl654321
mkl654321
  • Threads: 65
January 5th, 2011 at 4:12:36 PM permalink
Quote: EvenBob

Jerry doesn't have a prayer of not getting banned again, he's his own worst enemy. He posts before he thinks, he doesn't have a chance.

Not quite. He posts INSTEAD OF thinking.

I would actually like to see RobJerry remain in some capacity, simply because his fervent embrace of nonsensical gambling systems underscores the validity of the GOOD analysis that is available on this site. We appreciate tasty things all that much more if we occasionally bite into something that makes us retch.
The fact that a believer is happier than a skeptic is no more to the point than the fact that a drunken man is happier than a sober one. The happiness of credulity is a cheap and dangerous quality.---George Bernard Shaw
  • Jump to: