Thread Rating:

Joseph741852
Joseph741852
  • Threads: 1
September 5th, 2023 at 4:47:24 AM permalink
I took a private trip to LA with some of my friends and there are a few Naughty transactions in my Credit Card statement, which i do not want my girlfriend to look at. What should i do to hide those transactions from my bank statement?
avianrandy
avianrandy
  • Threads: 8
September 5th, 2023 at 5:32:56 AM permalink
lol maybe get a new girlfriend who you can enjoy those naughty transactions with lol
Dieter
Administrator
Dieter
  • Threads: 16
Thanked by
JohnnyQ
September 5th, 2023 at 6:00:56 AM permalink
My usual solution is to not do things I later regret.
For the rest of the time, pay cash.

I think that once your confederate comes along with the spam link, you'll both get banned and it won't be a problem.
May the cards fall in your favor.
Gandler
Gandler
  • Threads: 35
September 5th, 2023 at 6:13:46 AM permalink
You can't remove the transactions from your bank statement. Even if you dispute it, a record will remain.

The simple answer is, "girlfriend" not "wife", you are not married and not on a joint account, she has no more right to look at your statements than your mother or a random person on the street does. Tell her this month and next month (in case they populate late) is private and you will not share it.

Really this should always be the rule, why would you give somebody you are not married to or in a business relationship with accsess to a your accounts? This rule would avoid this before it was an issue.
Joeman
Joeman
  • Threads: 36
September 5th, 2023 at 6:48:46 AM permalink
Maybe his GF pays his bills.
"Dealer has 'rock'... Pay 'paper!'"
Johnzimbo
Johnzimbo
  • Threads: 4
September 5th, 2023 at 7:04:42 AM permalink
Not such a private trip after all
DRich
DRich
  • Threads: 86
September 5th, 2023 at 7:15:02 AM permalink
Quote: Joseph741852

I took a private trip to LA with some of my friends and there are a few Naughty transactions in my Credit Card statement, which i do not want my girlfriend to look at. What should i do to hide those transactions from my bank statement?
link to original post

If you give me your credit card details I will buy an incredible amount of things on it and your transactions will be buried in hundreds of pages of charges and your girlfriend won't even bother going through them.
At my age, a "Life In Prison" sentence is not much of a deterrent.
jjjoooggg
jjjoooggg
  • Threads: 34
September 5th, 2023 at 12:03:54 PM permalink
Your gf goes through you statements. Seems controlling.
Born in Texas and lived in Texas my whole life.
MDawg
MDawg
  • Threads: 39
September 5th, 2023 at 1:26:53 PM permalink
Some credit card statements will include the name of the airline ticket passenger on the statement. Some will not.

Vegas hotels allow the occupant to stay as an "Unregistered Guest" - "I'm sorry, we have no record of that guest?"

The Original Post I don't think is meant to be taken seriously. Most of those "naughty" places will post something quite innocuous on the statement, at least if the place is truly naughty. I'm not a fan of any of those types of things, I have always insisted on civilians not pros not semi-pros.

Of course, if the girlfriend really does look through the guy's statements (that doesn't make a lot of sense either) and notices some huge out of the ordinary charge...You spent What? On What?
Last edited by: MDawg on Sep 5, 2023
I tell you it’s wonderful to be here, man. I don’t give a damn who wins or loses. It’s just wonderful to be here with you people. https://wizardofvegas.com/forum/gambling/betting-systems/33908-the-adventures-of-mdawg/
Ace2
Ace2
  • Threads: 32
September 5th, 2023 at 2:01:37 PM permalink
People still receive “statements”? I thought that ended sometime in the last century, coinciding with the invention of the internet

Anyway, i think most places of ill-repute have some sort of innocuous name for electronic transactions, which is in their best interest for maximizing business. That said, never run a tab or use a credit card in these venues…lots of them are clip joints
It’s all about making that GTA
MDawg
MDawg
September 5th, 2023 at 2:19:46 PM permalink
Whether you receive a statement online or in the mail, it is still a statement.

Actually, I look at my wife's statements more than my own, not so much for the itemized but for the total, because I have to pay it. With my statements, I look them over just to make sure there are no unauthorized charges. With hers, if there is one that looks out of the ordinary I just ask her, Did you make that charge? but that's usually as far as the inquiry goes unless it's something over the top. Husbands and wives have been having these conversations for about forever I assume. Before charge cards existed it was over just plain spending I assume.

I tell you it’s wonderful to be here, man. I don’t give a damn who wins or loses. It’s just wonderful to be here with you people. https://wizardofvegas.com/forum/gambling/betting-systems/33908-the-adventures-of-mdawg/
Ace2
Ace2
  • Threads: 32
September 5th, 2023 at 3:36:06 PM permalink
Quote: MDawg

]

okay but why would your girlfriend have access to your account online ?
It’s all about making that GTA
MDawg
MDawg
September 5th, 2023 at 3:58:21 PM permalink

The Original Post I don't think is meant to be taken seriously.

Quote: Dieter

I think that once your confederate comes along with the spam link, you'll both get banned and it won't be a problem.

MDawg
MDawg
September 5th, 2023 at 4:01:49 PM permalink
Getting back to our discussion, I download all the statements onto separate folders on my computers (s, plural, all maintained as exact clones) so if she were using one of them and decided to start poring through them...there they are. You have to download them to retain copies because after a while the older ones will no longer be available online. Plus it's a pain to go through them online easier to download and look at them on your computer, especially if you want to review them for some reason more than once.

She has her own computers but she might use one of mine on occasion.
Last edited by: MDawg on Sep 5, 2023
Dieter
Administrator
Dieter
  • Threads: 16
September 5th, 2023 at 4:50:17 PM permalink
Quote: Ace2

]

okay but why would your girlfriend have access to your account online ?
link to original post

Joint account, possibly because of grabbing the 'wrong' card in fit of drunken hijinks?

(sigh) Either own up to it or pay cash as you go.
May the cards fall in your favor.
  • Jump to: