darkoz
  • Threads: 299
June 18th, 2024 at 1:05:15 PM permalink
Quote: EvenBob

Quote: darkoz

Quote: tuttigym

Quote: gordonm888

Betting systems may not be offered for sale anywhere on the site.
link to original post

I could never figure out if you have a method or system that wins far more than it loses why would you ever sell it if you can still play it. If you had a Goose that laid golden eggs why would you ever sell it. Thorp wrote his book about blackjack because he no longer wished to play it, so he sold it in the form of a book. I might eventually give my method away for free but I would never sell it.
link to original post

There is no need. You already outlined in detail how it "works" within this thread. The folks here are just too stubborn to absorb the info and run to the tables to give it a try.

tuttigym
link to original post

Every time I try EB's system I have a "feeling "...that it doesn't work!
link to original post

What system would that be, I only have a method. You are confused again..
link to original post

A rose by any other name is still a system
For Whom the bus tolls; The bus tolls for thee
EvenBob
EvenBob
  • Threads: 442
June 18th, 2024 at 1:12:15 PM permalink

link to original post

I could never figure out if you have a method or system that wins far more than it loses why would you ever sell it if you can still play it. If you had a Goose that laid golden eggs why would you ever sell it. Thorp wrote his book about blackjack because he no longer wished to play it, so he sold it in the form of a book. I might eventually give my method away for free but I would never sell it.
link to original post

There is no need. You already outlined in detail how it "works" within this thread. The folks here are just too stubborn to absorb the info and run to the tables to give it a try.

tuttigym
link to original post

link to original post

link to original post

link to original post

Nope. A method and a system are two completely different things.

"System: a set of things working together as parts of a mechanism or an interconnecting network; a complex whole. Method: a particular procedure for accomplishing something,'

This is why I always correct it when somebody says I have a system. I have no system at all, I really wish I did because I think it would be easier to play. But I'm convinced there's no system that can beat roulette, it's a complete waste of time.
"It's not called gambling if the math is on your side."
DRich
DRich
  • Threads: 89
June 18th, 2024 at 2:45:20 PM permalink

I am skipping "elderly" in that I do not need a cane for upright mobility, and I am 83. So, what other "basic things" require additional assistance for you? AND I can bench press my 3.5 lb chihuahua.

I sure hope I skip elderly. I would like to go from old to dead.
At my age, a "Life In Prison" sentence is not much of a deterrent.
darkoz
darkoz
June 18th, 2024 at 3:09:56 PM permalink

link to original post

link to original post

tuttigym
link to original post

link to original post

link to original post

link to original post

"System: a set of things working together as parts of a mechanism or an interconnecting network; a complex whole. Method: a particular procedure for accomplishing something,'

This is why I always correct it when somebody says I have a system. I have no system at all, I really wish I did because I think it would be easier to play. But I'm convinced there's no system that can beat roulette, it's a complete waste of time.
link to original post

Calling your system a method is no different than Calling a whale a fish.

Just as a whale superficially looks like a fish, but isn't your system may superficially resemble a method but it isn't no matter how many times you call it such. What you use is a system and a flawed system at that.

You got one thing right. No system can beat roulette. Sorry to inform you that you have a system.
EvenBob
EvenBob
June 18th, 2024 at 5:19:12 PM permalink

link to original post

link to original post

tuttigym
link to original post

link to original post

link to original post

link to original post

link to original post

Just as a whale superficially looks like a fish, but isn't your system may superficially resemble a method but it isn't no matter how many times you call it such. What you use is a system and a flawed system at that.

You got one thing right. No system can beat roulette. Sorry to inform you that you have a system.
link to original post

A system and a method are two entirely different things no matter how you trying to spin it. If they were the same they wouldn't have two different definitions. Duh..
EvenBob
EvenBob
June 18th, 2024 at 5:20:21 PM permalink
Quote: DRich

I am skipping "elderly" in that I do not need a cane for upright mobility, and I am 83. So, what other "basic things" require additional assistance for you? AND I can bench press my 3.5 lb chihuahua.

link to original post

But you think 60 is old. It's not.
darkoz
darkoz
June 18th, 2024 at 5:24:21 PM permalink

link to original post

link to original post

tuttigym
link to original post

link to original post

link to original post

link to original post

link to original post

link to original post

A system and a method are two entirely different things no matter how you trying to spin it. If they were the same they wouldn't have two different definitions. Duh..
link to original post

I agree that a system and a .method are two different things.

What I am saying is that no matter how many times you call your system a method, it is still a system.
EvenBob
EvenBob
June 18th, 2024 at 5:26:54 PM permalink

link to original post

link to original post

tuttigym
link to original post

link to original post

link to original post

link to original post

link to original post

link to original post

link to original post

I agree that a system and a .method are two different things.

What I am saying is that no matter how many times you call your system a method, it is still a system.
link to original post

'Method is based on procedure whereas system is based on plan.'

This is a good explanation of the difference. My Method has no plan attached to it, it's free-flowing and not rigid. A system is always rigid.
ChumpChange
ChumpChange
  • Threads: 129
Thanked by
camapl
June 18th, 2024 at 10:21:05 PM permalink
I change my systems daily. It must be my method of changing my systems.
Dieter
Administrator
Dieter
  • Threads: 16
June 19th, 2024 at 1:01:54 AM permalink

Quote: DRich

link to original post

But you think 60 is old. It's not.
link to original post

"Old" is subjective, not absolute.
I'm in my mid-forties and consider myself "old".
My "old lady" lives with multiple cats, and is "old" because all her joints creak and pop, despite being notably younger than me.

If Mr. Tuttigym hasn't gotten old yet, more power to him.
May the cards fall in your favor.
EvenBob
EvenBob
July 5th, 2024 at 11:00:14 PM permalink
Order and Chaos Order and Chaos. The trick is to be able to tell the difference and that's when you bet. If you bet during chaos it's a total waste of time.

https://www.youtube.com/shorts/Obo9Vb0dahs
EvenBob
EvenBob
July 26th, 2024 at 10:47:28 PM permalink
I do not see any difference in what I do and what a card counter does in blackjack. Through observation, before Thorp wrote his book, a few blackjack players noticed that at different times the end of the deck would be in their favor. There were times when randomness would produce results that were favorable to them. So they learned how to keep track of the cards that were already played to see if they could spot when that favorableness was going to happen.

I do the same thing in roulette. Through observation I noticed that at times randomness produces outcomes that are in my favor and I have learned how to exploit those times. It's not rocket science it's just plain old observation. Randomness in blackjack and in roulette repeats itself and if you can learn how to detect when that's happening you can produce a winning method.
tuttigym
tuttigym
  • Threads: 10
July 27th, 2024 at 5:56:30 AM permalink

I do not see any difference in what I do and what a card counter does in blackjack. Through observation, before Thorp wrote his book, a few blackjack players noticed that at different times the end of the deck would be in their favor. There were times when randomness would produce results that were favorable to them. So they learned how to keep track of the cards that were already played to see if they could spot when that favorableness was going to happen.

I do the same thing in roulette. Through observation I noticed that at times randomness produces outcomes that are in my favor and I have learned how to exploit those times. It's not rocket science it's just plain old observation. Randomness in blackjack and in roulette repeats itself and if you can learn how to detect when that's happening you can produce a winning method.
link to original post

You do realize that a deck in play runs out of cards never to be used again in that round of play, don't you? While the numbers in roulette play are constantly available throughout all of the rounds of play. I believe you are a bit confused.

tuttigym
rxwine
rxwine
  • Threads: 214
July 27th, 2024 at 10:22:26 AM permalink

link to original post

link to original post

tuttigym
link to original post

So I already outlined it in detail, huh. Refresh my memory, exactly how does it work again? Expect to hear the soothing sound of crickets now.. LOL
link to original post

A thread with 1500 posts and you still haven’t explained anything? Pffft.
Sanitized for Your Protection
EvenBob
EvenBob
July 27th, 2024 at 11:20:40 AM permalink
Quote: rxwine

A thread with 1500 posts and you still haven’t explained anything? Pffft.
link to original post

This is what my cats say when I try and teach them how to read. They just never get it.
EvenBob
EvenBob
July 27th, 2024 at 11:21:51 AM permalink

link to original post

You do realize that a deck in play runs out of cards never to be used again in that round of play, don't you? While the numbers in roulette play are constantly available throughout all of the rounds of play. I believe you are a bit confused.

tuttigym
link to original post

I was going to respond to this silliness then I saw who it was from. Never mind.
tuttigym
tuttigym
July 27th, 2024 at 12:55:06 PM permalink

link to original post

tuttigym
link to original post

I was going to respond to this silliness then I saw who it was from. Never mind.
link to original post

What no "LOL"? How disappointing.

tuttigym
EvenBob
EvenBob
July 27th, 2024 at 1:08:21 PM permalink
My point is in some casino games the randomness is very repetitive and you just need to find a way to know when it's coming; I think most experienced players know that randomness can be repetitive but they waste their time making bets when it's not in their favor because they don't take the initiative to figure out when the best time to bet is.
tuttigym
tuttigym
July 28th, 2024 at 7:51:02 AM permalink

My point is in some casino games the randomness is very repetitive and you just need to find a way to know when it's coming; I think most experienced players know that randomness can be repetitive but they waste their time making bets when it's not in their favor because they don't take the initiative to figure out when the best time to bet is.
link to original post

OK, let's go with that premise. If you truly believe in that method, then craps would be a much better game with a higher profit potential in that one only needs to worry about a 7 out and only six numbers are available to win big. So, one could pick just one number bet big and watch it hit and then come down. Quite simple, yes? Better yet, since you would kinda know when the 7 will appear through the "repetitive randomness," bet big on all the numbers (4,5,6,8,9, & 10 plus the horn) hit just one number, then come down and leave. 84% chance of winning or thereabouts certainly better than a 50% chance of winning an even money bet.

I think you should consider it.

tuttigym
EvenBob
EvenBob
July 29th, 2024 at 10:34:02 AM permalink

link to original post

OK, let's go with that premise. If you truly believe in that method, then craps would be a much better game with a higher profit potential in that one only needs to worry about a 7 out and only six numbers are available to win big. So, one could pick just one number bet big and watch it hit and then come down. Quite simple, yes? Better yet, since you would kinda know when the 7 will appear through the "repetitive randomness," bet big on all the numbers (4,5,6,8,9, & 10 plus the horn) hit just one number, then come down and leave. 84% chance of winning or thereabouts certainly better than a 50% chance of winning an even money bet.

I think you should consider it.

tuttigym
link to original post

I'm sorry I nodded off snoring after I read the word craps. Has to be the most boring game in the casino played by screaming maniacs.
EvenBob
EvenBob
August 18th, 2024 at 11:10:47 AM permalink
I used my 3-day vacation to play around with roulette. I'm thinking about increasing my income to put more money under the mattress because I don't like how this economy looks. You can never have too much cash. This means I'll be betting more and enjoying it less. The more risk I have to take the less I like it because I'm not a gambler. It always works out but I still don't like it.
  • Jump to: