kauboj
kauboj
  • Threads: 16
December 19th, 2010 at 10:35:30 PM permalink
I been using the free craps game on WoO website and be checking out different scenerios.. just comparing the results of computer generated dice rolls versus real life scenerios..

Can someone tell me if this is coincidental or is it a flaw in the rng programing... i did simulations where i place nothing but bets in 12 in 1 dollar increments i blew through 100 dice rolls without seeing a 12 appear at all... then i switched to placing bets on the 7.. well id have to say when i wasnt betting on the 7 it showed up an awful lot... when i was betting on the 7 well then 12 started appearing more and more.

Now i was under the assumption the rng's are independent of what has happened in the past.. but in scenerios where the rng is tied to a program where certain numbers rolled mean different things is there any influence on the rng itself?
EvenBob
EvenBob
  • Threads: 441
December 19th, 2010 at 11:26:43 PM permalink
Quote: kauboj

Can someone tell me if this is coincidental or is it a flaw in the rng

From lots and lots and LOTS of personal experience using actuals and RNG results, I've found the only thing RNG results are good for is as a doorstop. And they don't work for that either. They will tell you RNG results are the same as long term actuals, which is true. But we don't bet in the long term, we bet on the very next outcome.
"It's not called gambling if the math is on your side."
odiousgambit
odiousgambit
  • Threads: 326
December 20th, 2010 at 4:07:15 AM permalink
one thing to realize is that your sampling size playing like this can be faster than the real thing by quite a bit, yet the sample size is still just way too small to come to any conclusions, especially on high variance bets like the boxcars bet.

the other thing is we notice bad luck against us way more than we notice normal or good luck. Thus the lack of 12 coming up when you want it to is very noticeable to you.
the next time Dame Fortune toys with your heart, your soul and your wallet, raise your glass and praise her thus: “Thanks for nothing, you cold-hearted, evil, damnable, nefarious, low-life, malicious monster from Hell!”   She is, after all, stone deaf. ... Arnold Snyder
  • Jump to: