Thread Rating:

Poll

6 votes (46.15%)
5 votes (38.46%)
2 votes (15.38%)
No votes (0%)
No votes (0%)
No votes (0%)
No votes (0%)
No votes (0%)

13 members have voted

MrV
MrV
  • Threads: 364
  • Posts: 8158
Joined: Feb 13, 2010
May 5th, 2022 at 2:58:23 PM permalink
Lots of beards these days.

I can only hope that top hats, bustles, and powdered wigs come back into vogue.
"What, me worry?"
ThatDonGuy
ThatDonGuy
  • Threads: 140
  • Posts: 8041
Joined: Jun 22, 2011
May 5th, 2022 at 3:03:46 PM permalink
Where's the "It depends on how long it has been since I remembered to shave" option?
DJTeddyBear
DJTeddyBear
  • Threads: 220
  • Posts: 11212
Joined: Nov 2, 2009
May 5th, 2022 at 3:49:35 PM permalink
I invented a few casino games. Info: http://www.DaveMillerGaming.com/ 覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧� Superstitions are silly, irrational, childish rituals, born out of fear of the unknown. But how much does it cost to knock on wood? 😁
MrV
MrV
  • Threads: 364
  • Posts: 8158
Joined: Feb 13, 2010
May 5th, 2022 at 6:14:16 PM permalink
I started growing one earlier this year, for the first time since college.

Not a long beard, a groomed beard.

But no beard cream for this guy, I'm going old school.
"What, me worry?"
Wizard
Wizard
  • Threads: 1550
  • Posts: 28387
Joined: Oct 14, 2009
May 5th, 2022 at 7:43:30 PM permalink


I had one going in 2020, but it was too itchy so got rid of it.
"No great mind has ever existed without a touch of madness." -- Aristotle
Gandler
Gandler
  • Threads: 35
  • Posts: 1801
Joined: Jan 27, 2014
May 5th, 2022 at 8:01:14 PM permalink
I have not had a beard since High School (when I was mostly too lazy to shave), and never plan to go back. I just don't like facial hair. Even a mustache feels too much. Its easier to just shave and not think about it the rest of the day. I'll probably just start shaving my head eventually.

I do not understand why they are getting more popular, my best guess is during COVID people were doing less in-person work and did not feel the need to appear groomed. But, whatever the reason, I am not a fan. People should be clean-shaven.
mcallister3200
mcallister3200
  • Threads: 17
  • Posts: 3742
Joined: Dec 29, 2013
May 5th, 2022 at 8:21:44 PM permalink
Quote: Gandler

I have not had a beard since High School (when I was mostly too lazy to shave), and never plan to go back. I just don't like facial hair. Even a mustache feels too much. Its easier to just shave and not think about it the rest of the day. I'll probably just start shaving my head eventually.

I do not understand why they are getting more popular, my best guess is during COVID people were doing less in-person work and did not feel the need to appear groomed. But, whatever the reason, I am not a fan. People should be clean-shaven.
link to original post



They've been popular again now for at least half a decade so it's definitely not a covid thing.
Doc
Doc
  • Threads: 46
  • Posts: 7287
Joined: Feb 27, 2010
Thanked by
camapl
May 6th, 2022 at 2:23:09 PM permalink
I致e had a beard since 1981, I think. There was a popular singer (drawing a blank right now as to who he was) who had a beard for many years but decided to shave it off. Looking in the mirror, his immediate reaction was, 的 remember being cuter than this.� He then started wearing a fake beard until the natural one grew back sufficiently.
mcallister3200
mcallister3200
  • Threads: 17
  • Posts: 3742
Joined: Dec 29, 2013
May 14th, 2022 at 5:28:01 AM permalink
It痴 happening. People are starting to use 土our mustache doesn稚 connect with your beard� as an insult now.
Dieter
Administrator
Dieter
  • Threads: 21
  • Posts: 7943
Joined: Jul 23, 2014
May 14th, 2022 at 5:36:26 AM permalink
Quote: mcallister3200

It痴 happening. People are starting to use 土our mustache doesn稚 connect with your beard� as an insult now.
link to original post



This undoubtedly sounds more impressive in french.
May the cards fall in your favor.
  • Jump to: