heatmap
heatmap
Joined: Feb 12, 2018
  • Threads: 244
  • Posts: 2125
December 21st, 2021 at 12:18:35 PM permalink
Ive been developing an "idea" over the time i have been here and am very convinced that if i dont start to implement my idea soon, that someone will eventually catch on and capitalize on it. This isnt a very "revolutionary" idea, but its so basic that anyone can do it. How it has not been started I have no clue, or i simply havent found the people who have actually done it previously.

ANYWAYS. My dumb question is this :

Can I accept casino chips as payment for services I will be providing? I know that I can normally just accept chips in general - lets say from a friend who is playing and decides they want me to play a game and they can give me the chips. But have you ever heard of anyone running a business within a casino and accepting casino chips as payment?
ChumpChange
ChumpChange
Joined: Jun 15, 2018
  • Threads: 101
  • Posts: 4475
Thanks for this post from:
heatmapDieter
December 21st, 2021 at 12:26:14 PM permalink
Casino chips are casino property. The waitress accepts chips for tips. If your business is outside the casino, it would be barter, and the casino cashier would still want to know what table that purple chip came from and when.
heatmap
heatmap
Joined: Feb 12, 2018
  • Threads: 244
  • Posts: 2125
December 21st, 2021 at 12:28:37 PM permalink
Quote: ChumpChange

Casino chips are casino property. The waitress accepts chips for tips. If your business is outside the casino, it would be barter, and the casino cashier would still want to know what table that purple chip came from and when.
link to original post



I swear someone took over your account im genuinely worried as to how normal this response is lmao
darkoz
darkoz
Joined: Dec 22, 2009
  • Threads: 290
  • Posts: 11097
December 21st, 2021 at 1:13:53 PM permalink
Quote: heatmap

Quote: ChumpChange

Casino chips are casino property. The waitress accepts chips for tips. If your business is outside the casino, it would be barter, and the casino cashier would still want to know what table that purple chip came from and when.
link to original post



I swear someone took over your account im genuinely worried as to how normal this response is lmao
link to original post



Large denim chips you will be questioned about the chips. There is a famous story on the net about someone being paid a $5000 chip and having it's redemption refused.

So overall I think it's a bad idea. I don't understand what the purpose of it is either?
For Whom the bus tolls; The bus tolls for thee
Dieter
Administrator
Dieter
Joined: Jul 23, 2014
  • Threads: 15
  • Posts: 4997
December 21st, 2021 at 1:18:20 PM permalink
Quote: ChumpChange

Casino chips are casino property. The waitress accepts chips for tips. If your business is outside the casino, it would be barter, and the casino cashier would still want to know what table that purple chip came from and when.
link to original post



I too am concerned by this surprisingly sensible post.

That said, my understanding is that the casino may not be required to redeem cheques for non-players.
May the cards fall in your favor.
darkoz
darkoz
Joined: Dec 22, 2009
  • Threads: 290
  • Posts: 11097
December 21st, 2021 at 1:29:39 PM permalink
For those Wondering this matter was apparently settled just recently by going to state supreme court.

Casino refused to cash out $5000 chips.

Gaming Board upheld that.

All the courts upheld that

Until the supreme court said (in 2020), sorry but regulations say chips must be honored and reversed everything below them.

I suspect the legal fees cost more than the chips. But anyone dealing in high denoms can probably afford it anyway and wanted to make a statement.

https://law.justia.com/cases/nevada/supreme-court/2020/78916.html
For Whom the bus tolls; The bus tolls for thee
Ace2
Ace2
Joined: Oct 2, 2017
  • Threads: 31
  • Posts: 2647
December 21st, 2021 at 1:37:04 PM permalink
Quote: ChumpChange

Casino chips are casino property. The waitress accepts chips for tips. If your business is outside the casino, it would be barter, and the casino cashier would still want to know what table that purple chip came from and when.
link to original post

I bet ladies of the evening will accept chips in exchange for services
Itís all about making that GTA
Vegasrider
Vegasrider
Joined: Dec 23, 2017
  • Threads: 87
  • Posts: 959
December 21st, 2021 at 1:48:10 PM permalink
Didnít Donald Trump try to do cash in chips at one of his casino property to pay a loan or something. Iíve taken payments and have used chips for tips. But I know the chips were good and they weíre in green, no high chip denominations. Even if you are at the casino you cannot pay your bill in chips.
billryan
billryan
Joined: Nov 2, 2009
  • Threads: 237
  • Posts: 15982
December 21st, 2021 at 1:50:03 PM permalink
In the 1960s, churches in the Vegas Valley were getting so many donations in chips that a special order of Monks was established, just to deal with them.
The difference between fiction and reality is that fiction is supposed to make sense.
billryan
billryan
Joined: Nov 2, 2009
  • Threads: 237
  • Posts: 15982
December 21st, 2021 at 1:57:32 PM permalink
Quote: Vegasrider

Didnít Donald Trump try to do cash in chips at one of his casino property to pay a loan or something. Iíve taken payments and have used chips for tips. But I know the chips were good and they weíre in green, no high chip denominations. Even if you are at the casino you cannot pay your bill in chips.
link to original post



His father supposedly bought chips without intending to use them, allegedly creating an illegal loan somehow. I think it was more of a violation of the gambling regulations than an actual crime.
I've always thought a kiosk at the airport to buy forgotten chips from travelers would do well.
The difference between fiction and reality is that fiction is supposed to make sense.
darkoz
darkoz
Joined: Dec 22, 2009
  • Threads: 290
  • Posts: 11097
December 21st, 2021 at 1:58:05 PM permalink
Quote: Vegasrider

Didnít Donald Trump try to do cash in chips at one of his casino property to pay a loan or something. Iíve taken payments and have used chips for tips. But I know the chips were good and they weíre in green, no high chip denominations. Even if you are at the casino you cannot pay your bill in chips.
link to original post



His father purchased a few million in chips to surreptitiously help keep his sons casino afloat during bankruptcy.

He got into trouble for that.
For Whom the bus tolls; The bus tolls for thee
Vegasrider
Vegasrider
Joined: Dec 23, 2017
  • Threads: 87
  • Posts: 959
December 21st, 2021 at 2:17:15 PM permalink
Quote: billryan

[
I've always thought a kiosk at the airport to buy forgotten chips from travelers would do well.
link to original post



Great idea! No different than foreign currency Xchange and rape the customers. I recalled the Bellagio had to reorder $30k blue $1 chips every year because thatís how many were taken for a souvenir. The poker room always ran out of dollar chips. Iím sure there are a share of cab drivers who have bought or taken chips at the port from customers who realized that they still had chips.
heatmap
heatmap
Joined: Feb 12, 2018
  • Threads: 244
  • Posts: 2125
December 21st, 2021 at 4:48:30 PM permalink
My services will be worth wayyyy less than whatever a purple chip is but this is what I asked haha thank you all

The idea came about when I realized that people may be more likely to let their chips go the moment the services have been performed because itís most always will be in a casino
Dieter
Administrator
Dieter
Joined: Jul 23, 2014
  • Threads: 15
  • Posts: 4997
December 21st, 2021 at 7:24:01 PM permalink
Quote: billryan

Quote: Vegasrider

Didnít Donald Trump try to do cash in chips at one of his casino property to pay a loan or something. Iíve taken payments and have used chips for tips. But I know the chips were good and they weíre in green, no high chip denominations. Even if you are at the casino you cannot pay your bill in chips.
link to original post



His father supposedly bought chips without intending to use them, allegedly creating an illegal loan somehow. I think it was more of a violation of the gambling regulations than an actual crime.
I've always thought a kiosk at the airport to buy forgotten chips from travelers would do well.
link to original post



"Somehow"? Here's a stack of cash, and by gentleman's agreement I won't come back for it until you're solvent. Ideally it still shows up on a balance sheet, under a heading like "gaming cheques outstanding" instead of "operating loan from family", but I have a feeling that would be easy to forget to state in a quarterly report.

As for the airport chip exchange, a neat idea. I can think of a half dozen problems off the top of my head, but best of luck in your endeavours.
May the cards fall in your favor.
AlanMendelson
AlanMendelson
Joined: Oct 5, 2011
  • Threads: 167
  • Posts: 5937
December 21st, 2021 at 7:36:03 PM permalink
If the goal is to avoid taxable income by accepting chips it won't work. Barter income is reportable.

So what's the purpose of being paid in chips?

In a worst case... you're holding chips and the casino goes Chapter 11.
heatmap
heatmap
Joined: Feb 12, 2018
  • Threads: 244
  • Posts: 2125
December 21st, 2021 at 7:54:39 PM permalink
Quote: AlanMendelson

If the goal is to avoid taxable income by accepting chips it won't work. Barter income is reportable.

So what's the purpose of being paid in chips?

In a worst case... you're holding chips and the casino goes Chapter 11.
link to original post



Well I plan on running a legit business. I am not trying to hide a single dollar. My intentions are to immediately cash the chips. But the reason im saying this is, my clients will most always have chips on them and being paid will sometimes rely on the client giving me the money on the spot for the services.

I will also plan on pre charging them, but I am anticipating needing to accept chips because of the sporadic nature of the business that I am planning to run.
Hunterhill
Hunterhill
Joined: Aug 1, 2011
  • Threads: 53
  • Posts: 2105
Thanks for this post from:
Indy70BleedingChipsSlowlyodiousgambitunJon
December 21st, 2021 at 7:58:51 PM permalink
Quote: billryan

In the 1960s, churches in the Vegas Valley were getting so many donations in chips that a special order of Monks was established, just to deal with them.
link to original post


I believe their leader was named Alvin
The mountain is tall but grass grows on top of the mountain.
darkoz
darkoz
Joined: Dec 22, 2009
  • Threads: 290
  • Posts: 11097
December 21st, 2021 at 8:00:20 PM permalink
Quote: heatmap

Quote: AlanMendelson

If the goal is to avoid taxable income by accepting chips it won't work. Barter income is reportable.

So what's the purpose of being paid in chips?

In a worst case... you're holding chips and the casino goes Chapter 11.
link to original post



Well I plan on running a legit business. I am not trying to hide a single dollar. My intentions are to immediately cash the chips. But the reason im saying this is, my clients will most always have chips on them and being paid will sometimes rely on the client giving me the money on the spot for the services.

I will also plan on pre charging them, but I am anticipating needing to accept chips because of the sporadic nature of the business that I am planning to run.
link to original post



It sounds like you are running a business inside the casinos. I don't know any business that allows that.

I understand you are saying this is on the up and up but that already is a red flag for me.

And if the casinos are giving you permission why not just confirm the chips thing with them?
For Whom the bus tolls; The bus tolls for thee
heatmap
heatmap
Joined: Feb 12, 2018
  • Threads: 244
  • Posts: 2125
December 21st, 2021 at 8:21:33 PM permalink
Quote: darkoz

Quote: heatmap

Quote: AlanMendelson

If the goal is to avoid taxable income by accepting chips it won't work. Barter income is reportable.

So what's the purpose of being paid in chips?

In a worst case... you're holding chips and the casino goes Chapter 11.
link to original post



Well I plan on running a legit business. I am not trying to hide a single dollar. My intentions are to immediately cash the chips. But the reason im saying this is, my clients will most always have chips on them and being paid will sometimes rely on the client giving me the money on the spot for the services.

I will also plan on pre charging them, but I am anticipating needing to accept chips because of the sporadic nature of the business that I am planning to run.
link to original post



It sounds like you are running a business inside the casinos. I don't know any business that allows that.

I understand you are saying this is on the up and up but that already is a red flag for me.

And if the casinos are giving you permission why not just confirm the chips thing with them?
link to original post



Well this is the first time that i had considered that i might NOT be able to do what you are saying. I planned on keeping the business hush hush because there really is no way they will ever know I am running a business on their floor. Its supposed to look like im meeting my friends at the casino if it really needed to be that.

So out of respect I wanted to see what you guys thought, and figured that I would proceed from what you are all saying.

Thanks for your replys though
ChumpChange
ChumpChange
Joined: Jun 15, 2018
  • Threads: 101
  • Posts: 4475
December 21st, 2021 at 8:28:48 PM permalink
I can't imagine a shoe shine boy making tokens in the arcade section of the casino.
billryan
billryan
Joined: Nov 2, 2009
  • Threads: 237
  • Posts: 15982
December 21st, 2021 at 9:02:29 PM permalink
Quote: Dieter



As for the airport chip exchange, a neat idea. I can think of a half dozen problems off the top of my head, but best of luck in your endeavours.
link to original post



I've no intention of doing it, but I'm surprised none of the existing venues thought it was a revenue stream worth pursuing, especially the slot concessions.
Last edited by: unnamed administrator on Dec 22, 2021
The difference between fiction and reality is that fiction is supposed to make sense.
Dieter
Administrator
Dieter
Joined: Jul 23, 2014
  • Threads: 15
  • Posts: 4997
December 22nd, 2021 at 12:55:57 AM permalink
Corrected formatting error.
May the cards fall in your favor.
Dieter
Administrator
Dieter
Joined: Jul 23, 2014
  • Threads: 15
  • Posts: 4997
December 22nd, 2021 at 1:06:45 AM permalink
Quote: billryan

Quote: Dieter



As for the airport chip exchange, a neat idea. I can think of a half dozen problems off the top of my head, but best of luck in your endeavours.
link to original post



I've no intention of doing it, but I'm surprised none of the existing venues thought it was a revenue stream worth pursuing, especially the slot concessions.
link to original post



What revenue?

It's not exactly like exchanging foreign cheques, because you're not expecting the patron to play it against the house edge four times.

There's going to be a transaction limit, a denomination limit, and a vig. All naturally limit the market.
May the cards fall in your favor.
billryan
billryan
Joined: Nov 2, 2009
  • Threads: 237
  • Posts: 15982
December 22nd, 2021 at 1:42:22 AM permalink
If you are a once-a-year visitor and get to the airport with $15-50 worth of chips you forgot to cash in, would you rather cash them in for 50% of their value or bring them home? How about an $8 dollar slot voucher that will expire long before you return? There are a few thousand people leaving Vegas each day via the airport. My theory is it would produce a few hundred a day in revenue. Not enough to be a business, but a nice side venture that takes up little space doesn't need inventory and shrinkage shouldn't be an issue.
You kick ten percent back to the local United Way and play up the charity angle.
The difference between fiction and reality is that fiction is supposed to make sense.
Dieter
Administrator
Dieter
Joined: Jul 23, 2014
  • Threads: 15
  • Posts: 4997
December 22nd, 2021 at 2:18:44 AM permalink
Quote: billryan

If you are a once-a-year visitor and get to the airport with $15-50 worth of chips you forgot to cash in, would you rather cash them in for 50% of their value or bring them home? How about an $8 dollar slot voucher that will expire long before you return?
link to original post



I think a 50% vig is great marketing for the "enjoy your souvenirs!" camp.
May the cards fall in your favor.
AZDuffman
AZDuffman
Joined: Nov 2, 2009
  • Threads: 239
  • Posts: 13544
December 22nd, 2021 at 6:13:15 AM permalink
Quote: heatmap



Can I accept casino chips as payment for services I will be providing? I know that I can normally just accept chips in general - lets say from a friend who is playing and decides they want me to play a game and they can give me the chips. But have you ever heard of anyone running a business within a casino and accepting casino chips as payment?
link to original post



Just take crypto instead.
All animals are equal, but some are more equal than others
DRich
DRich
Joined: Jul 6, 2012
  • Threads: 86
  • Posts: 11046
Thanks for this post from:
odiousgambit
December 22nd, 2021 at 6:29:55 AM permalink
Quote: Ace2

Quote: ChumpChange

Casino chips are casino property. The waitress accepts chips for tips. If your business is outside the casino, it would be barter, and the casino cashier would still want to know what table that purple chip came from and when.
link to original post

I bet ladies of the evening will accept chips in exchange for services
link to original post



I have found it is best to pay them with Poker Tournament chips. Most do not know that they have zero value.
At my age, a "Life In Prison" sentence is not much of a deterrent.
rxwine
rxwine
Joined: Feb 28, 2010
  • Threads: 200
  • Posts: 11856
December 22nd, 2021 at 6:32:24 AM permalink
Quote: billryan

I've always thought a kiosk at the airport to buy forgotten chips from travelers would do well.
link to original post



If there was a reliable service to cash out TITOs you still have on you for a small fee, that would also be better than nothing.
There's no secret. Just know what you're talking about before you open your mouth.
Mission146
Mission146
Joined: May 15, 2012
  • Threads: 139
  • Posts: 16511
December 22nd, 2021 at 6:35:30 AM permalink
Quote: heatmap



Well this is the first time that i had considered that i might NOT be able to do what you are saying. I planned on keeping the business hush hush because there really is no way they will ever know I am running a business on their floor. Its supposed to look like im meeting my friends at the casino if it really needed to be that.

So out of respect I wanted to see what you guys thought, and figured that I would proceed from what you are all saying.

Thanks for your replys though
link to original post



I can't help but get the impression that you won't be telling us what this business is. I'm genuinely curious!
https://wizardofvegas.com/forum/off-topic/gripes/11182-pet-peeves/120/#post815219
Mission146
Mission146
Joined: May 15, 2012
  • Threads: 139
  • Posts: 16511
December 22nd, 2021 at 6:36:28 AM permalink
Quote: AZDuffman



Just take crypto instead.
link to original post



CashApp, Venmo, PayPal...a great number of things are basically immediate.
https://wizardofvegas.com/forum/off-topic/gripes/11182-pet-peeves/120/#post815219
AZDuffman
AZDuffman
Joined: Nov 2, 2009
  • Threads: 239
  • Posts: 13544
December 22nd, 2021 at 6:51:29 AM permalink
Quote: Mission146

Quote: AZDuffman



Just take crypto instead.
link to original post



CashApp, Venmo, PayPal...a great number of things are basically immediate.
link to original post



But the idea seems to be not make it "cash" right away, to allow the money to sit and use in trade.
All animals are equal, but some are more equal than others
billryan
billryan
Joined: Nov 2, 2009
  • Threads: 237
  • Posts: 15982
December 22nd, 2021 at 6:58:59 AM permalink
Quote: Mission146

Quote: AZDuffman



Just take crypto instead.
link to original post



CashApp, Venmo, PayPal...a great number of things are basically immediate.
link to original post



All of those can be reversed if client is unhappy, sometimes months later. I sold a 1/18 tiger tank to someone in October for $327. Paypal gives sixty-day money-back warranties and last week the guy filed a claim , saying one of the treads looked weak and he is worried it won't stand up long term. He wants 25% back or he will return it at my expense- which will be about $70 to ship.
No returns with chips.
The difference between fiction and reality is that fiction is supposed to make sense.
AlanMendelson
AlanMendelson
Joined: Oct 5, 2011
  • Threads: 167
  • Posts: 5937
December 22nd, 2021 at 9:29:33 AM permalink
Quote: heatmap

Quote: darkoz

Quote: heatmap

Quote: AlanMendelson

If the goal is to avoid taxable income by accepting chips it won't work. Barter income is reportable.

So what's the purpose of being paid in chips?

In a worst case... you're holding chips and the casino goes Chapter 11.
link to original post



Well I plan on running a legit business. I am not trying to hide a single dollar. My intentions are to immediately cash the chips. But the reason im saying this is, my clients will most always have chips on them and being paid will sometimes rely on the client giving me the money on the spot for the services.

I will also plan on pre charging them, but I am anticipating needing to accept chips because of the sporadic nature of the business that I am planning to run.
link to original post



It sounds like you are running a business inside the casinos. I don't know any business that allows that.

I understand you are saying this is on the up and up but that already is a red flag for me.

And if the casinos are giving you permission why not just confirm the chips thing with them?
link to original post



Well this is the first time that i had considered that i might NOT be able to do what you are saying. I planned on keeping the business hush hush because there really is no way they will ever know I am running a business on their floor. Its supposed to look like im meeting my friends at the casino if it really needed to be that.

So out of respect I wanted to see what you guys thought, and figured that I would proceed from what you are all saying.

Thanks for your replys though
link to original post



Recently I was approached by a player selling a gambling system. It sounds to me like you're trying to sell a gambling system to players.
darkoz
darkoz
Joined: Dec 22, 2009
  • Threads: 290
  • Posts: 11097
December 22nd, 2021 at 9:56:08 AM permalink
Quote: billryan

Quote: Mission146

Quote: AZDuffman



Just take crypto instead.
link to original post



CashApp, Venmo, PayPal...a great number of things are basically immediate.
link to original post



All of those can be reversed if client is unhappy, sometimes months later. I sold a 1/18 tiger tank to someone in October for $327. Paypal gives sixty-day money-back warranties and last week the guy filed a claim , saying one of the treads looked weak and he is worried it won't stand up long term. He wants 25% back or he will return it at my expense- which will be about $70 to ship.
No returns with chips.
link to original post



So why not just ask for cash?

If they only have chips have them cash out and give you cash
For Whom the bus tolls; The bus tolls for thee
Mission146
Mission146
Joined: May 15, 2012
  • Threads: 139
  • Posts: 16511
Thanks for this post from:
Dieter
December 22nd, 2021 at 1:24:02 PM permalink
I would just like to say that Heatmap has privately told me what this business is as he received concerns from other members.

While Heatmap gave me his express permission to divulge the nature of his idea, I choose not to do so, but will only say that it is a service that I think (and, this is based just on my personal opinion and is not an endorsement---sorry, but being paid to write for the sites I have to throw that in there) many gamblers could actually benefit from, based on my observations.
https://wizardofvegas.com/forum/off-topic/gripes/11182-pet-peeves/120/#post815219
AlanMendelson
AlanMendelson
Joined: Oct 5, 2011
  • Threads: 167
  • Posts: 5937
December 23rd, 2021 at 12:52:13 AM permalink
Quote: DRich

Quote: Ace2

Quote: ChumpChange

Casino chips are casino property. The waitress accepts chips for tips. If your business is outside the casino, it would be barter, and the casino cashier would still want to know what table that purple chip came from and when.
link to original post

I bet ladies of the evening will accept chips in exchange for services
link to original post



I have found it is best to pay them with Poker Tournament chips. Most do not know that they have zero value.
link to original post



If I recall tourney chips usually do indicate that they have no value and they intentionally look much different than casino chips.

I dont think hookers are that stupid.
DRich
DRich
Joined: Jul 6, 2012
  • Threads: 86
  • Posts: 11046
December 23rd, 2021 at 6:16:55 AM permalink
Quote: AlanMendelson

Quote: DRich



I have found it is best to pay them with Poker Tournament chips. Most do not know that they have zero value.
link to original post



If I recall tourney chips usually do indicate that they have no value and they intentionally look much different than casino chips.

I dont think hookers are that stupid.
link to original post



You may be overestimating the young women.
At my age, a "Life In Prison" sentence is not much of a deterrent.
billryan
billryan
Joined: Nov 2, 2009
  • Threads: 237
  • Posts: 15982
December 23rd, 2021 at 7:18:01 AM permalink
One of the BJ books I read tells of people exploiting hookers and cab drivers right after one of the casinos switched out their $100 chips.
It only worked for a day or two but a true AP should never miss an opportunity to get over on people.
The difference between fiction and reality is that fiction is supposed to make sense.
AlanMendelson
AlanMendelson
Joined: Oct 5, 2011
  • Threads: 167
  • Posts: 5937
December 23rd, 2021 at 7:43:25 AM permalink
Quote: billryan

One of the BJ books I read tells of people exploiting hookers and cab drivers right after one of the casinos switched out their $100 chips.
It only worked for a day or two but a true AP should never miss an opportunity to get over on people.
link to original post



Let's examine this.

You are indicating the cabbies and hookers were given demonetized or canceled $100 chips.

So I will ask, how were the canceled $100 chips obtained?

Were the canceled chips bought from the casino at a discount? That's possible but unlikely.

Were the canceled chips smuggled out of the casino? Again, that's possible but unlikely.

So, did the passer of the canceled chips forget to redeem them by the cancellation or redemption date? I think that's more likely. And, in which case, the player is the real loser.

I'd really like to know how the canceled chips were obtained.

Years ago when Caesars Palace demonetized their $1 and $5 metal coins I went all the way to top management in an attempt to buy them. The answer was no. They were going to a recycler to be melted.

My plan was to use them for home poker games for me and friends.
billryan
billryan
Joined: Nov 2, 2009
  • Threads: 237
  • Posts: 15982
December 23rd, 2021 at 8:10:40 AM permalink
Quote: AlanMendelson

Quote: billryan

One of the BJ books I read tells of people exploiting hookers and cab drivers right after one of the casinos switched out their $100 chips.
It only worked for a day or two but a true AP should never miss an opportunity to get over on people.
link to original post



Let's examine this.

You are indicating the cabbies and hookers were given demonetized or canceled $100 chips.

So I will ask, how were the canceled $100 chips obtained?

Were the canceled chips bought from the casino at a discount? That's possible but unlikely.

Were the canceled chips smuggled out of the casino? Again, that's possible but unlikely.

So, did the passer of the canceled chips forget to redeem them by the cancellation or redemption date? I think that's more likely. And, in which case, the player is the real loser.

I'd really like to know how the canceled chips were obtained.

Years ago when Caesars Palace demonetized their $1 and $5 metal coins I went all the way to top management in an attempt to buy them. The answer was no. They were going to a recycler to be melted.

My plan was to use them for home poker games for me and friends.
link to original post



You'd have to read the book.
The difference between fiction and reality is that fiction is supposed to make sense.
MDawg
MDawg
Joined: Sep 27, 2018
  • Threads: 36
  • Posts: 6627
December 23rd, 2021 at 8:40:29 AM permalink


Sorry I couldn't resist. Are those stone wash, acid wash, or raw denim chips?

I tell you itís wonderful to be here, man. I donít give a damn who wins or loses. Itís just wonderful to be here with you people. https://wizardofvegas.com/forum/gambling/betting-systems/33908-the-adventures-of-mdawg/
AlanMendelson
AlanMendelson
Joined: Oct 5, 2011
  • Threads: 167
  • Posts: 5937
December 23rd, 2021 at 9:11:04 AM permalink
Quote: billryan

Quote: AlanMendelson

Quote: billryan

One of the BJ books I read tells of people exploiting hookers and cab drivers right after one of the casinos switched out their $100 chips.
It only worked for a day or two but a true AP should never miss an opportunity to get over on people.
link to original post



Let's examine this.

You are indicating the cabbies and hookers were given demonetized or canceled $100 chips.

So I will ask, how were the canceled $100 chips obtained?

Were the canceled chips bought from the casino at a discount? That's possible but unlikely.

Were the canceled chips smuggled out of the casino? Again, that's possible but unlikely.

So, did the passer of the canceled chips forget to redeem them by the cancellation or redemption date? I think that's more likely. And, in which case, the player is the real loser.

I'd really like to know how the canceled chips were obtained.

Years ago when Caesars Palace demonetized their $1 and $5 metal coins I went all the way to top management in an attempt to buy them. The answer was no. They were going to a recycler to be melted.

My plan was to use them for home poker games for me and friends.
link to original post



You'd have to read the book.
link to original post



Let's start with the title of the book.
billryan
billryan
Joined: Nov 2, 2009
  • Threads: 237
  • Posts: 15982
December 23rd, 2021 at 9:18:27 AM permalink
Quote: AlanMendelson

Quote: billryan

Quote: AlanMendelson

Quote: billryan

One of the BJ books I read tells of people exploiting hookers and cab drivers right after one of the casinos switched out their $100 chips.
It only worked for a day or two but a true AP should never miss an opportunity to get over on people.
link to original post



Let's examine this.

You are indicating the cabbies and hookers were given demonetized or canceled $100 chips.

So I will ask, how were the canceled $100 chips obtained?

Were the canceled chips bought from the casino at a discount? That's possible but unlikely.

Were the canceled chips smuggled out of the casino? Again, that's possible but unlikely.

So, did the passer of the canceled chips forget to redeem them by the cancellation or redemption date? I think that's more likely. And, in which case, the player is the real loser.

I'd really like to know how the canceled chips were obtained.

Years ago when Caesars Palace demonetized their $1 and $5 metal coins I went all the way to top management in an attempt to buy them. The answer was no. They were going to a recycler to be melted.

My plan was to use them for home poker games for me and friends.
link to original post



You'd have to read the book.
link to original post



Let's start with the title of the book.
link to original post



If I knew the name of the book, wouldn't I have said "In Breaking Vegas, the author tells of.....

It's a story I read in one of the BJ books I read twenty years ago. I've no idea if it is real, nor do I remember the exact circumstances.
The difference between fiction and reality is that fiction is supposed to make sense.
AlanMendelson
AlanMendelson
Joined: Oct 5, 2011
  • Threads: 167
  • Posts: 5937
December 23rd, 2021 at 9:23:10 AM permalink
Quote: billryan

Quote: AlanMendelson

Quote: billryan

Quote: AlanMendelson

Quote: billryan

One of the BJ books I read tells of people exploiting hookers and cab drivers right after one of the casinos switched out their $100 chips.
It only worked for a day or two but a true AP should never miss an opportunity to get over on people.
link to original post



Let's examine this.

You are indicating the cabbies and hookers were given demonetized or canceled $100 chips.

So I will ask, how were the canceled $100 chips obtained?

Were the canceled chips bought from the casino at a discount? That's possible but unlikely.

Were the canceled chips smuggled out of the casino? Again, that's possible but unlikely.

So, did the passer of the canceled chips forget to redeem them by the cancellation or redemption date? I think that's more likely. And, in which case, the player is the real loser.

I'd really like to know how the canceled chips were obtained.

Years ago when Caesars Palace demonetized their $1 and $5 metal coins I went all the way to top management in an attempt to buy them. The answer was no. They were going to a recycler to be melted.

My plan was to use them for home poker games for me and friends.
link to original post



You'd have to read the book.
link to original post



Let's start with the title of the book.
link to original post



If I knew the name of the book, wouldn't I have said "In Breaking Vegas, the author tells of.....

It's a story I read in one of the BJ books I read twenty years ago. I've no idea if it is real, nor do I remember the exact circumstances.
link to original post



Thanks.

  • Jump to: