Thread Rating:

JerryLogan
JerryLogan
Joined: Jun 28, 2010
  • Threads: 26
  • Posts: 1344
December 10th, 2010 at 5:17:49 PM permalink
No, not slot card points. Real points.

1. How was it being on ANOTHER suspension? Well, aside from still not getting any sleep because MKL called me a chimp, my company deposited our annual bonuses into our checking accounts last night. It was a welcome sight as can be imagined. I have a child at Williams College in NW Mass. on the Vermont border, and if you only knew how much that place costs every year....

2. What's with this latest suspension anyway? How is insinuating MKL might not a man an insult? How does anyone know who or what an anonymous poster really is? I could be a woman, transvestite, or even a gay man for that matter. Then compare how that stacks up against directly being called a "chimp"! I should get retroactive pay for this one.

3. Doesn't anyone care if someone does or doesn't do what they said they were going to do around here? If I had a driver who said he wasn't going to speak to so and so again because they had a falling out, then that driver came right on back for some more punishment doing the same 'ol thing, I'd never be able to trust anything about him ever again. In my opinion, that's what you have with mkl. Remember the rant where you could just PICTURE the poor guy jumping up and down and screaming uncontrollably all about with vulgarity galore, about how he was never coming back? No wonder he got suspended again. Poor fellow...

Anyway, tomorrow morning at 6am I'm getting my first ever video poker training by RS. I'd say overall this was a great week!
EvenBob
EvenBob
Joined: Jul 18, 2010
  • Threads: 434
  • Posts: 25333
December 10th, 2010 at 5:39:17 PM permalink
Quote: JerryLogan

No, not slot card points. Real points.

1. How was it being on ANOTHER suspension? Well, aside from still not getting any sleep because MKL called me a chimp, my company deposited our annual bonuses into our checking accounts last night. It was a welcome sight as can be imagined. I have a child at Williams College in NW Mass. on the Vermont border, and if you only knew how much that place costs every year....

2. What's with this latest suspension anyway? How is insinuating MKL might not a man an insult? How does anyone know who or what an anonymous poster really is? I could be a woman, transvestite, or even a gay man for that matter. Then compare how that stacks up against directly being called a "chimp"! I should get retroactive pay for this one.

3. Doesn't anyone care if someone does or doesn't do what they said they were going to do around here? If I had a driver who said he wasn't going to speak to so and so again because they had a falling out, then that driver came right on back for some more punishment doing the same 'ol thing, I'd never be able to trust anything about him ever again. In my opinion, that's what you have with mkl. Remember the rant where you could just PICTURE the poor guy jumping up and down and screaming uncontrollably all about with vulgarity galore, about how he was never coming back? No wonder he got suspended again. Poor fellow...

Anyway, tomorrow morning at 6am I'm getting my first ever video poker training by RS. I'd say overall this was a great week!



Jeez, Jerry. You grab a shovel and dig dig dig. I guess you just can't help it..
"It's not enough to succeed, your friends must fail." Gore Vidal
Doc
Doc
Joined: Feb 27, 2010
  • Threads: 45
  • Posts: 7115
December 10th, 2010 at 6:03:28 PM permalink
Quote: JerryLogan

... I have a child at Williams College in NW Mass. on the Vermont border, and if you only knew how much that place costs every year....

Jerry, congratulations on having your offspring at such a fine school. I highly doubt that he/she has many of the "crummy" teachers that you have lamented. My elder son was a visiting faculty member there for several semesters about 8 years ago. I have a couple of friends I haven't seen in decades and recently learned that they work at Williams.
JerryLogan
JerryLogan
Joined: Jun 28, 2010
  • Threads: 26
  • Posts: 1344
December 10th, 2010 at 7:49:31 PM permalink
Quote: Doc

Jerry, congratulations on having your offspring at such a fine school. I highly doubt that he/she has many of the "crummy" teachers that you have lamented. My elder son was a visiting faculty member there for several semesters about 8 years ago. I have a couple of friends I haven't seen in decades and recently learned that they work at Williams.



Doc, I'm thinking there may be a slight difference in capabilities between high school teachers and college professors. Even though Williams is as liberal as it gets, I liked the teachers I met on both my trips there. It's also one of the most beautiful campuses in the country I'm told. I don't really know much to compare it to though but it sure isn't like Boise St. But there's something very relaxing about just being there or walking around in that quaint little town. It's as if you're a million miles away from all the problems and issues "out there". I'd guess your son asked for the assignment.
Doc
Doc
Joined: Feb 27, 2010
  • Threads: 45
  • Posts: 7115
December 10th, 2010 at 8:15:06 PM permalink
In very general terms, I think perhaps two of the biggest differences between high school and college faculty members are that college teachers have studied their subject field more deeply while high school teachers have actually studied how to teach -- most college faculty members have never taken a single course in education. My personal opinion on the big difference between the typical high school class and the typical college class is the level of work the typical student is willing to put into it. Lots of high school students just want to slide and are a problem for their teachers. The same attitude in college usually means the student isn't around very long (if the college is a good one). I think the attitude difference is the result of both improved maturity with age and a filtering of which high school students wind up as students at the good colleges.

As for Williams, I think my son liked the school, but the rural environment was not to his tastes. He later spent three years at NYU, living right in his dream location of Manhattan, and three years at Rutgers, living in Jersey City. I don't think I could stand living in either Manhattan or Jersey City; it's just another story of different strokes for different folks.
Mosca
Mosca
Joined: Dec 14, 2009
  • Threads: 181
  • Posts: 3833
December 10th, 2010 at 8:41:04 PM permalink
Huh. Didn't notice you were gone. Well, welcome back.
NO KILL I
mkl654321
mkl654321
Joined: Aug 8, 2010
  • Threads: 65
  • Posts: 3412
December 11th, 2010 at 8:28:01 PM permalink
Quote: EvenBob

Jeez, Jerry. You grab a shovel and dig dig dig. I guess you just can't help it..



No, he really can't. It's kind of sad.
The fact that a believer is happier than a skeptic is no more to the point than the fact that a drunken man is happier than a sober one. The happiness of credulity is a cheap and dangerous quality.---George Bernard Shaw
JerryLogan
JerryLogan
Joined: Jun 28, 2010
  • Threads: 26
  • Posts: 1344
December 11th, 2010 at 8:41:49 PM permalink
Quote: mkl654321

No, he really can't. It's kind of sad.



Proof positive that as soon as he stopped crying in his beer, he went looking and looking and searching for me here. Tell me, how is it being inside your head every waking moment? (and I HOPE NOT when you're sleeping too!)
thecesspit
thecesspit
Joined: Apr 19, 2010
  • Threads: 53
  • Posts: 5936
December 11th, 2010 at 10:12:07 PM permalink
Seconds out, round three. Fight!
"Then you can admire the real gambler, who has neither eaten, slept, thought nor lived, he has so smarted under the scourge of his martingale, so suffered on the rack of his desire for a coup at trente-et-quarante" - Honore de Balzac, 1829

  • Jump to: