Thread Rating:

HokusPokus
HokusPokus
Joined: Feb 6, 2021
  • Threads: 2
  • Posts: 78
March 4th, 2021 at 8:32:49 PM permalink
Quote: USpapergames

Ok, this is good information to know. So all I can say is that I have a new theorem that bridges the gaps between combinatorics & statistics and I am the only person in the world that can solve many of this problems using pure mathematics. I had no clue Eliot had a PhD. in mathematics but I did a lecture at UC Davis challenging their math department to solve the hand rankings probabilities for the royal deck using pure math and they all conceded including all the PhD's that made up their entire math department. My emailed 2020's Able prize winner to nominate my new theorem for an Able prize and he is currently awaiting my theorems publication which I still have made no progress on. Talk to thatDonguy, I shared with him the basics of my theorem, he knows I'm the real deal.



I had to look up the definition of combinatorics just to follow what this guy is saying. Is this how he talks all the time?
HokusPokus
HokusPokus
Joined: Feb 6, 2021
  • Threads: 2
  • Posts: 78
March 4th, 2021 at 8:35:42 PM permalink
Quote: USpapergames

Quote: Mission146

Honest Question: Why can't the best AI bots carry on a meaningful conversation? If they can't even learn how to converse properly, how might they learn how to program just by being given a thing to program?

Next Question: Wouldn't the AI have to have a point of reference? I guess what I'm asking is wouldn't you have to program into the AI a definition of a thing in order to then ask it to program that thing? How would it program something it knows nothing about?

I know AI can do some pretty amazing things. My understanding is that LC0 (also called Leela Zero) beat Stockfish in the Top Engine Chess Championship in both 2019 and the first quarter of 2020...with LC0 being an open source neural network. As I understand it, LC0 started knowing nothing about the game except the basic rules and conditions for winning. I guess Stockfish has beaten LC0 the three most recent tournaments, though.



So I will happily answer all you questions but 1st could you just do some research on GTP3? I think you will learn a lot, AGI is earlier already here in its infancy state or GTP4 might be that breakthrough. But honestly my best is GPT3 is the 1st AGI program and it has already been proven to do incredible things, like programing any software from just simple a few sentences of description.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PqbB07n_uQ4

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lQnLwUfwgyA

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_x9AwxfjxvE

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8psgEDhT1MM



Omg my head hurts, can't follow this conversation anymore! I've just been ready try to catch up and finally got there. The conversation goes from game design career to game analysis to AI??? And now USpapergames says he has superior games, I want to see these games!!!!
USpapergames
USpapergames
Joined: Jun 23, 2020
  • Threads: 18
  • Posts: 807
March 4th, 2021 at 8:37:11 PM permalink
Quote: HokusPokus

Wow, USpapergames can do math that nobody else can? Seriously, I hate that I can't even locate my previous comments because USpapergames exploded up the thread.



I think I'm just going to stay out of this conversation if that's what Hokus wants.
Math is the only true form of knowledge
USpapergames
USpapergames
Joined: Jun 23, 2020
  • Threads: 18
  • Posts: 807
March 4th, 2021 at 9:05:34 PM permalink
Quote: HokusPokus

Quote: USpapergames

Quote: Mission146

Honest Question: Why can't the best AI bots carry on a meaningful conversation? If they can't even learn how to converse properly, how might they learn how to program just by being given a thing to program?

Next Question: Wouldn't the AI have to have a point of reference? I guess what I'm asking is wouldn't you have to program into the AI a definition of a thing in order to then ask it to program that thing? How would it program something it knows nothing about?

I know AI can do some pretty amazing things. My understanding is that LC0 (also called Leela Zero) beat Stockfish in the Top Engine Chess Championship in both 2019 and the first quarter of 2020...with LC0 being an open source neural network. As I understand it, LC0 started knowing nothing about the game except the basic rules and conditions for winning. I guess Stockfish has beaten LC0 the three most recent tournaments, though.



So I will happily answer all you questions but 1st could you just do some research on GTP3? I think you will learn a lot, AGI is earlier already here in its infancy state or GTP4 might be that breakthrough. But honestly my best is GPT3 is the 1st AGI program and it has already been proven to do incredible things, like programing any software from just simple a few sentences of description.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PqbB07n_uQ4

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lQnLwUfwgyA

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_x9AwxfjxvE

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8psgEDhT1MM



Omg my head hurts, can't follow this conversation anymore! I've just been ready try to catch up and finally got there. The conversation goes from game design career to game analysis to AI??? And now USpapergames says he has superior games, I want to see these games!!!!



Btw I just want to say thank you for apologizing, & so fast also. Really shows your character if you can admit when your wrong. If you look though my previous comments on other threads you can find a few of my games ;)
Math is the only true form of knowledge
DJTeddyBear
DJTeddyBear
Joined: Nov 2, 2009
  • Threads: 187
  • Posts: 10499
Thanks for this post from:
OnceDearUSpapergamesAxelWolf
March 5th, 2021 at 2:31:59 AM permalink
Quote: HokusPokus

... But I kind of feel like you have taken over my thread!!!

”Your” thread???

Who do you think you are?

Conversations online, as in real life, do not belong to anyone, can be joined by anyone, and can go in any direction.

And if you’re lucky, and you’re open minded enough to see it, can teach you a thing or two.
I invented a few casino games. Info: http://www.DaveMillerGaming.com/ ————————————————————————————————————— Superstitions are silly, childish, irrational rituals, born out of fear of the unknown. But how much does it cost to knock on wood? 😁
teliot
teliot
Joined: Oct 19, 2009
  • Threads: 40
  • Posts: 2222
Thanks for this post from:
OnceDearHunterhill
March 5th, 2021 at 8:10:17 AM permalink
Quote: DJTeddyBear

”Your” thread???

Who do you think you are?

Conversations online, as in real life, do not belong to anyone, can be joined by anyone, and can go in any direction.

And if you’re lucky, and you’re open minded enough to see it, can teach you a thing or two.

HP started the thread, and the digressions that USPG has caused are quite inappropriate. This is explicitly stated in the forum rules, as it is quite clear that USPG has hijacked this thread.

#7 No hijacking: Try to keep threads on topic. If you want to veer off on a tangent, please make a new thread for it.
https://wizardofvegas.com/forum/info/rules/2-forum-rules/#post37215

You have been here long enough that I would have thought you knew this.
Last edited by: teliot on Mar 5, 2021
Poetry website: www.totallydisconnected.com
DJTeddyBear
DJTeddyBear
Joined: Nov 2, 2009
  • Threads: 187
  • Posts: 10499
Thanks for this post from:
USpapergames
March 5th, 2021 at 9:09:17 AM permalink
I didn’t think of it as hijacking, so much as expanding the conversation. And, admittedly, I didn’t read every post in detail.

But I was really turned off by HP’s expression of ownership of this thread.
I invented a few casino games. Info: http://www.DaveMillerGaming.com/ ————————————————————————————————————— Superstitions are silly, childish, irrational rituals, born out of fear of the unknown. But how much does it cost to knock on wood? 😁
OnceDear
Administrator
OnceDear
Joined: Jun 1, 2014
  • Threads: 47
  • Posts: 5528
Thanks for this post from:
teliotrdw4potusUSpapergamesDJTeddyBear
March 5th, 2021 at 10:48:17 AM permalink
Quote: DJTeddyBear

I didn’t think of it as hijacking, so much as expanding the conversation. And, admittedly, I didn’t read every post in detail.

But I was really turned off by HP’s expression of ownership of this thread.

Stepping into this with my own opinion having read most of this thread ....
From a purely personal perspective, it usually irritates me when any poster on such a forum claims ownership of a thread. I'm on record as previously rebuking at least two members for staking any such claim to ownership. Threads are introduced as topics for discussion and only moderators should try to forcibly constrain them, and even then, only rarely (moderation in moderation).
So to that extent I agree with DJTeddyBear, when he rebuked HokusPokus.
From me to HokusPokus, a very mild rebuke for that. And a further mild rebuke for asking USPG 'Who the F' he thought he was.
But with that said, from about page 10 of this thread, it's clear that USPaperGames has, to a serious extent, hijacked this towards being a statement of his own superior credentials. So, a minor rebuke to USPaperGames.
USPaperGames has said that he will now stay away from ( and stop contributing to) this thread and I'd like to hold him to that. If he wishes a thread more in keeping with promoting his own Resume or to expound his intellectual superiority, then I invite him to create his own thread for that purpose. Of course, he won't own that thread, either.

Thanks, and my apologies for interrupting.
Beware. The earth is NOT flat. Hit and run is not a winning strategy: Pressing into trends IS not a winning strategy: Progressives are not a winning strategy: Don't Buy It! .Don't even take it for free.
rdw4potus
rdw4potus
Joined: Mar 11, 2010
  • Threads: 80
  • Posts: 7237
Thanks for this post from:
CrystalMathHunterhill
March 5th, 2021 at 11:33:36 AM permalink
Quote: USpapergames

I also have never had a client prove my analysis wrong either.



I suppose that one of the side-effects of having 0 clients is that claims like this are technically correct:-)
"So as the clock ticked and the day passed, opportunity met preparation, and luck happened." - Maurice Clarett
USpapergames
USpapergames
Joined: Jun 23, 2020
  • Threads: 18
  • Posts: 807
March 5th, 2021 at 11:56:13 AM permalink
Quote: rdw4potus

I suppose that one of the side-effects of having 0 clients is that claims like this are technically correct:-)



Serious??? Low blow & what makes you say that??? I have been doing math work for clients before I even got my undergrad!!!! Seriously, I got paid 10k for taking a calculus class for someone. IF I WERE TO EVER BE CAUGHT MY COLLEGE CREDENTIALS WOULD BE REVOCKED BUT GOOD LUCK PROVING IT!!! But in all seriousness this is just a load of BULL! Just last year I got paid to analyze 2 table games and I got 4 clients who hired me to do nothing but data analysis & I think they got too good of a deal since I charge by the hour and I am extremely fair at rounding my work hours and because I'm so fast these guys got a crazy deal :/ I have ZERO clue what makes you think you know the ins and outs of my business???
Math is the only true form of knowledge

  • Jump to: