Thread Rating:

vegas
vegas
Joined: Apr 27, 2012
  • Threads: 21
  • Posts: 489
December 27th, 2020 at 4:14:56 PM permalink
This was done in practice but Stephen Curry shot 105 straight 3 pointers without a miss.

https://lasvegassun.com/news/2020/dec/26/shooting-star-curry-makes-105-straight-3s-post-pra/
50-50-90 Rule: Anytime you have a 50-50 chance of getting something right, there is a 90% probability you'll get it wrong
DeMango
DeMango
Joined: Feb 2, 2010
  • Threads: 28
  • Posts: 2625
December 27th, 2020 at 5:02:25 PM permalink
And choked on number 106 mentioned his coach
When a rock is thrown into a pack of dogs, the one that yells the loudest is the one who got hit.
smoothgrh
smoothgrh
Joined: Oct 26, 2011
  • Threads: 65
  • Posts: 692
December 27th, 2020 at 5:18:41 PM permalink
Curry is better at 3-pointers than some are at free throws!

I was watching the clinching game of the Bulls' first championship with Jordan, and it's amazing to see how players seem to think they need to get close to the basket to score.
DRich
DRich
Joined: Jul 6, 2012
  • Threads: 75
  • Posts: 7019
December 27th, 2020 at 5:35:26 PM permalink
Quote: vegas

This was done in practice but Stephen Curry shot 105 straight 3 pointers without a miss.

https://lasvegassun.com/news/2020/dec/26/shooting-star-curry-makes-105-straight-3s-post-pra/



Sure, with no defenders. Who couldn't?

LOL
Living longer does not always infer +EV
DeMango
DeMango
Joined: Feb 2, 2010
  • Threads: 28
  • Posts: 2625
December 28th, 2020 at 3:47:26 AM permalink
Last second chance at “Thread of the Year”!
When a rock is thrown into a pack of dogs, the one that yells the loudest is the one who got hit.
vegas
vegas
Joined: Apr 27, 2012
  • Threads: 21
  • Posts: 489
December 28th, 2020 at 5:58:13 AM permalink
I googled most shots made from free throw and the record is by a guy 71 years old. He made 2,750 and it took 12 hours.

Most made in an NBA game was 24 by Dirk Nowitzky
50-50-90 Rule: Anytime you have a 50-50 chance of getting something right, there is a 90% probability you'll get it wrong
billryan
billryan 
Joined: Nov 2, 2009
  • Threads: 177
  • Posts: 10093
December 28th, 2020 at 6:44:53 AM permalink
Quote: vegas

I googled most shots made from free throw and the record is by a guy 71 years old. He made 2,750 and it took 12 hours.

Most made in an NBA game was 24 by Dirk Nowitzky




In HS, I hit 24/25 free throws to win a skills competition. The funny thing was it enraged my coach as I was barely above 50% in game situations.
Rick Barry was considered the best FT shooter of my era and he shot underhanded, as did Wilt who was the worse.
Johnzimbo
Johnzimbo
Joined: Sep 29, 2010
  • Threads: 4
  • Posts: 894
December 28th, 2020 at 9:28:11 AM permalink
Wilt would sometimes shoot underhand, sometimes overhand...but he often stood about three feet beyond the line, making a 15 foot shot into an 18 foot shot
DRich
DRich
Joined: Jul 6, 2012
  • Threads: 75
  • Posts: 7019
December 28th, 2020 at 3:22:40 PM permalink
Quote: Johnzimbo

Wilt would sometimes shoot underhand, sometimes overhand...but he often stood about three feet beyond the line, making a 15 foot shot into an 18 foot shot



Wow, for some reason I assumed free throws were 10 feet. I am embarrassed as I think I know a lot about sports.
Living longer does not always infer +EV
gordonm888
gordonm888
Joined: Feb 18, 2015
  • Threads: 44
  • Posts: 2768
December 28th, 2020 at 6:18:28 PM permalink
Quote: vegas

I googled most shots made from free throw and the record is by a guy 71 years old. He made 2,750 and it took 12 hours.

Most made in an NBA game was 24 by Dirk Nowitzky



The 71-year old who obsessively practiced free throws and set the record for 2750 consecutive free throws was inserted into an (exhibition) game once as a substitute for someone who was fouled. I know that's not legal -but this was an exhibition game and the 71-year old was the world's best free throw shooter so everyone went along with it.

AND:

He missed his first free throw shot! Mercifully, he made the 2nd.
So many better men, a few of them friends, are dead. And a thousand thousand slimy things live on, and so do I.

  • Jump to: