DeMango
DeMango
  • Threads: 27
November 13th, 2020 at 11:17:08 AM permalink
The odds of getting covid on a plane are up there by getting hit by lightning.
When a rock is thrown into a pack of dogs, the one that yells the loudest is the one who got hit.
kewlj
kewlj
  • Threads: 203
Thanks for this post from:
TDVegas
November 13th, 2020 at 11:25:02 AM permalink
Quote: TDVegas

Id love to know...with all these temperature check stations, how many have actually been turned away.

At both Silverton and the Plaza almost every time I enter my temp registers in the upper 80's, telling you just how accurate those things are.

It was always just for show. You can have covid and no temperature and vice versa.
OnceDear
Administrator
OnceDear
  • Threads: 45
November 13th, 2020 at 11:25:19 AM permalink
Quote: DeMango

The odds of getting covid on a plane are up there by getting hit by lightning.

Quote: CDC

Air travel requires spending time in security lines and airport terminals, which can bring you in close contact with other people and frequently touched surfaces. Most viruses and other germs do not spread easily on flights because of how air circulates and is filtered on airplanes. However, keeping your distance is difficult on crowded flights, and sitting within 6 feet of others, sometimes for hours, may increase your risk of getting COVID-19.

Your chance of catching covid in an airport queue or on the flying sardine tin are somewhat Higher than, say TerapinEd's chances within his RV.
Still if you want to risk your life and those of your family and friends, that's between you and them.
Take care out there. Spare a thought for the newly poor who were happy in their world just a few days ago, but whose whole way of life just collapsed..
TDVegas
TDVegas
  • Threads: 0
November 13th, 2020 at 11:35:18 AM permalink
Quote: kewlj

At both Silverton and the Plaza almost every time I enter my temp registers in the upper 80's, telling you just how accurate those things are.

It was always just for show. You can have covid and no temperature and vice versa.

I should stand under a heat lamp, put on clothes that just came out of a raging hot dryer...just before entering, just to see if I can purposely get denied. My guess is I pass with flying colors.
Vegasrider
Vegasrider
  • Threads: 61
TDVegas
November 13th, 2020 at 11:45:41 AM permalink
I ride a motorcycle everyday, I always register below 90 degrees for my temp check each morning when I get to work. LOL
Vegasrider
Vegasrider
  • Threads: 61
November 13th, 2020 at 11:58:39 AM permalink
Travel restrictions just put in place for To and From California, 14 day quarantine. That will hurt Nevada but this is something that is impossible to enforce.
DRich
DRich
  • Threads: 74
November 13th, 2020 at 12:11:54 PM permalink
Quote: Vegasrider

Travel restrictions just put in place for To and From California, 14 day quarantine. That will hurt Nevada but this is something that is impossible to enforce.

With Thanksgiving coming up I doubt many people will abide by it.
Living longer does not always infer +EV
billryan
billryan
  • Threads: 175
November 13th, 2020 at 12:22:00 PM permalink
Quote: TDVegas

I should stand under a heat lamp, put on clothes that just came out of a raging hot dryer...just before entering, just to see if I can purposely get denied. My guess is I pass with flying colors.

And after that, why not go to an ER and tell them you have it. The fun possibilities are endless. Maybe call 911 and tell them you need a couple of ambulances while you are at it.
terapined
terapined
  • Threads: 83
OnceDearAxelWolf
November 13th, 2020 at 12:22:16 PM permalink
Quote: OnceDear

Your chance of catching covid in an airport queue or on the flying sardine tin are somewhat Higher than, say TerapinEd's chances within his RV.
Still if you want to risk your life and those of your family and friends, that's between you and them.

I'm hardly taking any chances and traveling a ton and seeing alot.
RV checkin is contactless at a lot of places.
I was actually at one place where all they provided me was a phone for problems. I paid online. Picked my spot online. Pulled into my spot. Hooked up sewer, electric and water for a week. Left and never had contact with any human.
Biggest danger like anybody else, grocery store.
I am getting out a ton seeing the country but pretty safe activities like hiking to 700 year old cliff dwellings in the Gila mountains.
"Everybody's bragging and drinking that wine, I can tell the Queen of Diamonds by the way she shines, Come to Daddy on an inside straight, I got no chance of losing this time" -Grateful Dead- "Loser"
billryan
billryan
  • Threads: 175
November 13th, 2020 at 1:01:40 PM permalink
They have traced over a thousand cases to a rest stop/service area outside of Gallup so the danger is more than at your grocery store. Stay safe.
At some point, you should hit Bisbee and the Mule Mountains. It's a magical place.

Just voted #1 small town in America by treehugger.com

• Jump to: