Thread Rating:

darkoz
darkoz
Joined: Dec 22, 2009
  • Threads: 235
  • Posts: 7147
August 3rd, 2020 at 3:25:31 PM permalink
Quote: AlanMendelson

I dont understand your reasoning. Are you saying people flew to China in the fall.... but no one from China flew here?

Or do you want to blame it on starting in the USA? But the virus cleverly appeared in China first?



It appeared in China in December.

You are saying it was in America in the Fall.

So please explain how it started in China after it was here in the Fall

Or are you now saying it wasn't here in the Fall
For Whom the bus tolls; The bus tolls for thee
kewlj
kewlj
Joined: Apr 17, 2012
  • Threads: 199
  • Posts: 3693
August 3rd, 2020 at 3:50:36 PM permalink
Quote: darkoz

It appeared in China in December.

You are saying it was in America in the Fall.

So please explain how it started in China after it was here in the Fall

Or are you now saying it wasn't here in the Fall



We began hearing about this virus in December. But that doesn't mean that is when it started. It is starting to look like China had cases and tried to hide it for some period before, maybe months.

If that is the case and there were cases in china in October and November, is it impossible someone traveled from China to the US, maybe California, maybe china town in SF in November? Is it possible someone from China traveled to the U.S. the first week in January to attend the consumer electronic show (CES) in Vegas. Not to stereotype but Chinese and those of Chinese heritage are kind of into Consumer electronics?

So these things are possible. We just don't know because China wasn't upfront about this virus and tried to cover up for so long, until they absolutely couldn't anymore
darkoz
darkoz
Joined: Dec 22, 2009
  • Threads: 235
  • Posts: 7147
August 3rd, 2020 at 3:57:29 PM permalink
Quote: kewlj

We began hearing about this virus in December. But that doesn't mean that is when it started. It is starting to look like China had cases and tried to hide it for some period before, maybe months.

If that is the case and there were cases in china in October and November, is it impossible someone traveled from China to the US, maybe California, maybe china town in SF in November? Is it possible someone from China traveled to the U.S. the first week in January to attend the consumer electronic show (CES) in Vegas. Not to stereotype but Chinese and those of Chinese heritage are kind of into Consumer electronics?

So these things are possible. We just don't know because China wasn't upfront about this virus and tried to cover up for so long, until they absolutely couldn't anymore



So if it was in America in the Fall were we hiding it too?

A virus with a two week incubation and no one noticed for a few months? Not even when cases started being reported in China in December?

Seems like hokey timing to me
For Whom the bus tolls; The bus tolls for thee
gordonm888
gordonm888
Joined: Feb 18, 2015
  • Threads: 38
  • Posts: 2602
August 3rd, 2020 at 4:41:10 PM permalink
Quote: darkoz

So if it was in America in the Fall were we hiding it too?

A virus with a two week incubation and no one noticed for a few months? Not even when cases started being reported in China in December?

Seems like hokey timing to me



Given: A new virus is somehow transferred from a bat to a human (almost certainly in China.)

How would any early patient or their physician know it was a completely novel virus? All they know is that the patient has a virus with some symptoms typical of influenza. No one had isolated the virus and done genetic decoding. Certainly no tests for coronavirus existed -heck the virus hadn't even been defined.

Why is this so hard to understand? When you get a virus, DarkOz, do you know what it is? Does your doctor do a PCR test and determine what your virus is? Of course not.

The fact that China did genetic de-coding of the virus by December makes me wonder whether it had only been around for a few weeks.
So many better men, a few of them friends, were dead. And a thousand thousand slimy things lived on, and so did I.
petroglyph
petroglyph
Joined: Jan 3, 2013
  • Threads: 19
  • Posts: 3337
August 3rd, 2020 at 4:58:02 PM permalink
Quote: gordonm888

Given: A new virus is somehow transferred from a bat to a human (almost certainly in China.)

How would any early patient or their physician know it was a completely novel virus? All they know is that the patient has a virus with some symptoms typical of influenza. No one had isolated the virus and done genetic decoding. Certainly no tests for coronavirus existed -heck the virus hadn't even been defined.

Why is this so hard to understand? When you get a virus, DarkOz, do you know what it is? Does your doctor do a PCR test and determine what your virus is? Of course not.

The fact that China did genetic de-coding of the virus by December makes me wonder whether it had only been around for a few weeks.

The man that invented PCR in the link above says that PCR is not to be used for diagnosing.
darkoz
darkoz
Joined: Dec 22, 2009
  • Threads: 235
  • Posts: 7147
August 3rd, 2020 at 4:59:17 PM permalink
Quote: gordonm888

Given: A new virus is somehow transferred from a bat to a human (almost certainly in China.)

How would any early patient or their physician know it was a completely novel virus? All they know is that the patient has a virus with some symptoms typical of influenza. No one had isolated the virus and done genetic decoding. Certainly no tests for coronavirus existed -heck the virus hadn't even been defined.

Why is this so hard to understand? When you get a virus, DarkOz, do you know what it is? Does your doctor do a PCR test and determine what your virus is? Of course not.

The fact that China did genetic de-coding of the virus by December makes me wonder whether it had only been around for a few weeks.



So now we are to believe the virus which is killing a thousand per day was here for months in the Fall and killed no one.

It wasn't deadly at all?

Or it was deadly and doctors in the USA didn't notice a lot of people dying from it?

Come on, this virus wasn't here in the Fall.

I do believe it came from China. But it didn't come to America before it appeared in China this winter
For Whom the bus tolls; The bus tolls for thee
rxwine
rxwine
Joined: Feb 28, 2010
  • Threads: 166
  • Posts: 9680
August 3rd, 2020 at 5:10:31 PM permalink
I think (If I wanted to take the time) you can track the spread from the way it hit different countries. Italy was getting hit pretty hard, but not much was happening here yet by comparison. And 'China was already out of control before that.

It's pretty hard for me to believe, from the way this disease spreads that it could be here for months earlier.
Quasimodo? Does that name ring a bell?
gordonm888
gordonm888
Joined: Feb 18, 2015
  • Threads: 38
  • Posts: 2602
August 3rd, 2020 at 5:16:52 PM permalink
"In its latest Morbidity and Mortality Weekly Report, researchers at the U.S. Centers for Diseases Control (CDC) say that there were limited instances of COVID-19 in the U.S. during most of January, and that SARS-CoV-2, the virus that causes the disease, didnít start to spread widely until the end of the month and into February." -June 01, 2020

There Were Limited COVID-19 Cases in the U.S. During Most of January, Says New CDC Report

So, EvenBob claiming that he had Covid-19 in February is certainly possible.
So many better men, a few of them friends, were dead. And a thousand thousand slimy things lived on, and so did I.
UP84
UP84
Joined: May 22, 2012
  • Threads: 3
  • Posts: 135
Thanks for this post from:
SOOPOO
August 3rd, 2020 at 5:22:48 PM permalink
First we have this from you from the CORONAVIRUS MATH thread:

Quote: EvenBob

...The last person I would ask for advice
from is a doctor. They're all doom and
gloomers, always predicting the worst
to keep their asses from being sued.
Doctors always endorse the worst case
scenario, always playing the CYA game.

Now we have this:

Quote: EvenBob

Yup, he did. And I'm taking his
diagnosis over some retired
gas passer on an a chat forum
that has never seen me as a
patient. Get real.

darkoz
darkoz
Joined: Dec 22, 2009
  • Threads: 235
  • Posts: 7147
August 3rd, 2020 at 6:06:45 PM permalink
Quote: gordonm888

"In its latest Morbidity and Mortality Weekly Report, researchers at the U.S. Centers for Diseases Control (CDC) say that there were limited instances of COVID-19 in the U.S. during most of January, and that SARS-CoV-2, the virus that causes the disease, didnít start to spread widely until the end of the month and into February." -June 01, 2020

There Were Limited COVID-19 Cases in the U.S. During Most of January, Says New CDC Report

So, EvenBob claiming that he had Covid-19 in February is certainly possible.



I don't dispute that

But EB says he wasn't even tested.

So he and his doctor are guessing

When I had kidney stones I described my symptoms to my doctor without knowing what it was. My doctor said instantly"Sounds like Kidney stones. But we have to confirm with a blood test and urinalysis".

It turned out he was dead on. But he still took the tests. He didn't just say, "yep, kidney stones, go home"
For Whom the bus tolls; The bus tolls for thee

  • Jump to: