redietz
redietz
  • Threads: 49
July 28th, 2020 at 9:38:25 AM permalink
Note: this is not a political post. LOL.

My birthday is in two days. I received a fine wall clock from some friends. It has a photo of the President on it, and every hour on the hour it says "Make America Great Again" three times.

After four hours of me and the clock sharing a study next to her study, my girlfriend came into my study and promptly removed the batteries. Very rude, eh? I was forced to take the clock into the living room, but I am allowed to replace the standard wall clock only at night. So between midnight and 6 AM, "Make America Great Again" proudly echoes in the living room. It keeps the cats in line at night. They know if they get out of hand, somebody (drum roll and cymbal crash) will grab pussy, and not gently.

Anyhow, the clock reminded me of some items of value I would like to sell or rent. I hope this doesn't break any forum rules, but I figured I'd put them out there for bid. I have two names, TrumpLovesStormy.com and StormyLovesDonald.com. I figure they have max value for the next hundred days. Or maybe not. Not sure which way to root on that. Any suggestions?

Oh, sorry, that would be inviting political comment a hundred days before an election. Sorry about that. Don't want to get anyone suspended.

Now bear in mind, this is not a political post, and I am not selling picks (LOL) or suggesting anyone on the forum buy the following. I am just making them available to the highest bidder.
"You can't breathe dead hippo waking, sleeping, and eating, and at the same time keep your precarious grip on existence."
Joeman
Joeman
  • Threads: 36
July 28th, 2020 at 10:00:18 AM permalink
Quote: redietz

I have two names, TrumpLovesStormy.com and StormyLovesDonald.com. I figure they have max value for the next hundred days. Or maybe not.

Happy Birthday, and I hope you get a good return on your investment. That said, I think it may be a tough sell with all the national/global events that have transpired since she was in the news (impeachment, Covid, civil unrest, etc.). Now, anything can happen in the next 3-4 months, so who knows? But right now, I don't think she is even a blip on the consciousness of the nation.

Heck, I had to read her Wikipedia page to refresh my memory. It all seems so long ago now!

Eta: You're not worried about your cats becoming Re*****cans? ;)
"Dealer has 'rock'... Pay 'paper!'"
DRich
DRich
  • Threads: 86
July 28th, 2020 at 10:01:22 AM permalink
Wil you sell the clock?
At my age, a "Life In Prison" sentence is not much of a deterrent.
redietz
redietz
July 28th, 2020 at 11:52:52 AM permalink
Quote: DRich

Wil you sell the clock?

Nope, I kind of like the clock. Besides, I never sell gifts.

The couple who got me this, way back when the President first announced he was running, got me a life size cardboard cutout of the Prez. I briefly had him on my girlfriend's brother's lawn in front of a million dollar plus house. Not sure if that fit the neighborhood regs. Suspect not.

See, I followed the (non-political) Trump back in his youth. Drove from Penn State to the opening of the Taj Mahal. He was a tabloid loose cannon back then. My, how things have changed....

LOL.
"You can't breathe dead hippo waking, sleeping, and eating, and at the same time keep your precarious grip on existence."
kewlj
kewlj
  • Threads: 216
July 28th, 2020 at 11:58:51 AM permalink
Birthday sale??

Sorry Redietz, I don't want to buy your birthday as I already have a perfectly good one.

On the other hand, it could come in handy in acquiring some new players cards.
redietz
redietz
July 28th, 2020 at 12:53:18 PM permalink
Quote: kewlj

Birthday sale??

Sorry Redietz, I don't want to buy your birthday as I already have a perfectly good one.

On the other hand, it could come in handy in acquiring some new players cards.

Damn, kewlJ, your post made me realize that I may have made a gaffe, an error in judgement, and a rather big one.

These multiple socials may not be doing me as much good as I thought. I listed the same birthday on each one. Damn. My bad.
  • Jump to: