SOOPOO
SOOPOO
Joined: Aug 8, 2010
  • Threads: 108
  • Posts: 7219
July 8th, 2020 at 4:58:44 PM permalink
I am an MD. But not an expert of Infectious Disease. I am friends with one who happens to practice in Las Vegas. And I also know and communicate with a bunch of Drs.who are involved in the drug trials, at least peripherally.

I am an Ďexpertí (I donít like the word) on ventilators and intubation. Iíve worn surgical masks my entire career, and rarely N-95 masks.

It is hard for me to imagine that universal mask wearing would not decrease the spread of COVID-19. How much? Iíd just be guessing.
rxwine
rxwine
Joined: Feb 28, 2010
  • Threads: 166
  • Posts: 9814
July 8th, 2020 at 5:24:48 PM permalink
I heard a psychologist say that some of the same people resisting mask usage, would have been equally resistant if told they couldn't wear a mask by an authority. Then they would wear one in defiance.

Rebelling against authority against your own best interests seems more like a childish response than a grownup one.
Quasimodo? Does that name ring a bell?
Armagedden
Armagedden
Joined: Jun 6, 2020
  • Threads: 1
  • Posts: 47
July 8th, 2020 at 8:25:42 PM permalink
Quote: SOOPOO

I am an MD. But not an expert of Infectious Disease. I am friends with one who happens to practice in Las Vegas. And I also know and communicate with a bunch of Drs.who are involved in the drug trials, at least peripherally.

I am an Ďexpertí (I donít like the word) on ventilators and intubation. Iíve worn surgical masks my entire career, and rarely N-95 masks.

It is hard for me to imagine that universal mask wearing would not decrease the spread of COVID-19. How much? Iíd just be guessing.



Greetings Doc,
The old saying goes... use commonsense for common good.

Now a n95facemask stops most covid19 from being sucked into the lungs. Then why not all wears the n95facemask instead of a NON-N95FACEMASK such as any face-cloth/cheap mask?

USA can made tons of nukes, then why not USA makes billions of n95facemasks for all its citizens?

Do you remember the macroeconomics101: the guns versus butter?

Now USA is at war with covid19.

Covidninteen101 model applies here just like the macroeconomics101:
N95FACEMASKs(aka vital items for national defense) VS butter (aka "parties" @ the Mega Church in Phenix, @Bok Center inTulsa, & @Mt Rushmore: the $5.4 million-July4th-event , etc)

The option for picking the right choice is clear, but where is the "beef" for all its citizens?

https://imgur.com/XfU8LXB

Covid19 has been landing in USA since Jan 2020; Where is the "beef" aka N95FACEMASK for its citizens?
Last edited by: Armagedden on Jul 9, 2020
TDVegas
TDVegas
Joined: Oct 30, 2018
  • Threads: 0
  • Posts: 630
Thanks for this post from:
Armagedden
July 8th, 2020 at 10:03:52 PM permalink
Quote: rxwine

I heard a psychologist say that some of the same people resisting mask usage, would have been equally resistant if told they couldn't wear a mask by an authority. Then they would wear one in defiance.

Rebelling against authority against your own best interests seems more like a childish response than a grownup one.


If God himself came down and said wear a mask because it works....they would still object.
darkoz
darkoz
Joined: Dec 22, 2009
  • Threads: 244
  • Posts: 7481
Thanks for this post from:
Armagedden
July 8th, 2020 at 10:06:46 PM permalink
Quote: TDVegas

Quote: rxwine

I heard a psychologist say that some of the same people resisting mask usage, would have been equally resistant if told they couldn't wear a mask by an authority. Then they would wear one in defiance.

Rebelling against authority against your own best interests seems more like a childish response than a grownup one.


If God himself came down and said wear a mask because it works....they would still object.



Yeah they would say the constitution guarantees them separation of church and state.

They don't have to listen to God. They have constitutional rights as Americans
For Whom the bus tolls; The bus tolls for thee
DRich
DRich
Joined: Jul 6, 2012
  • Threads: 74
  • Posts: 6855
Thanks for this post from:
tringlomanestandbymyman
July 9th, 2020 at 7:26:13 AM permalink
Quote: TDVegas

Quote: rxwine

I heard a psychologist say that some of the same people resisting mask usage, would have been equally resistant if told they couldn't wear a mask by an authority. Then they would wear one in defiance.

Rebelling against authority against your own best interests seems more like a childish response than a grownup one.


If God himself came down and said wear a mask because it works....they would still object.



I would assume it is a hoax by the churches to aquire more followers. I also would never follow the advice of a fictional deity.
Living longer does not always infer +EV
Mission146
Mission146
Joined: May 15, 2012
  • Threads: 124
  • Posts: 12983
July 9th, 2020 at 9:52:30 AM permalink
Quote: rxwine

I heard a psychologist say that some of the same people resisting mask usage, would have been equally resistant if told they couldn't wear a mask by an authority. Then they would wear one in defiance.

Rebelling against authority against your own best interests seems more like a childish response than a grownup one.



Individualist v. Collectivist culture.
Vultures can't be choosers.
rxwine
rxwine
Joined: Feb 28, 2010
  • Threads: 166
  • Posts: 9814
Thanks for this post from:
rawtuff
July 9th, 2020 at 10:16:55 AM permalink
Quote: Mission146

Quote: rxwine

I heard a psychologist say that some of the same people resisting mask usage, would have been equally resistant if told they couldn't wear a mask by an authority. Then they would wear one in defiance.

Rebelling against authority against your own best interests seems more like a childish response than a grownup one.



Individualist v. Collectivist culture.



I would never pick one of those only.
Quasimodo? Does that name ring a bell?
unJon
unJon
Joined: Jul 1, 2018
  • Threads: 13
  • Posts: 2101
July 9th, 2020 at 10:29:45 AM permalink
Quote: rxwine

Quote: Mission146

Quote: rxwine

I heard a psychologist say that some of the same people resisting mask usage, would have been equally resistant if told they couldn't wear a mask by an authority. Then they would wear one in defiance.

Rebelling against authority against your own best interests seems more like a childish response than a grownup one.



Individualist v. Collectivist culture.



I would never pick one of those only.



Come on. Everyone else is doing it.
The race is not always to the swift, nor the battle to the strong; but that is the way to bet.
Marcusclark66
Marcusclark66
Joined: Mar 26, 2020
  • Threads: 2
  • Posts: 106
July 9th, 2020 at 3:56:16 PM permalink
Quote: Vegasrider

So the new governors directive states that everyone must wear a mask when out in public or in a business. So why are they still allowing people to smoke inside casinos. Iím playing Bingo and I get scolded for not wearing a mask but the people smoking are allowed to have their mask off and smoke?

Something wrong here



They are guidelines and they are rules and regulations, still are open to some type of interpretation as well as how to be enforced by each individual property. They are not criminal laws and they are not going to be enforced universally and standardized amongst all the properties.

As well one shift might interpret them different than another shift at the same property or have problem enforcing them, due to lack of personnel and non-compliant players. There is going to be a problem with players and personnel and there's a fine line with the Personnel trying to keep everybody satisfied meaning the players as well as the government officials and as well as the management and the media that reports on everything.

  • Jump to: