Thread Rating:

ksdjdj
ksdjdj
Joined: Oct 20, 2013
  • Threads: 78
  • Posts: 904
March 15th, 2020 at 3:46:49 PM permalink
Quote: Lovecomps

(snip)Also, I'm making a lot of money by selling my toilet paper at gouge prices on Craig's list.


I live in Australia and people were paying over $50,000 on ebay for some toilet paper, you can still get over $5,100 (going by the current bids, with 2 plus days to go).

See link:
https://www.ebay.com.au/sch/i.html?_from=R40&_nkw=toilet+paper&_sacat=0&_sop=3

Good luck and hope you don't get into any fights over tp

see links below:
https://www.google.com/search?q=person+getting+bashed+up+over+toilet+paper+in+australia&rlz=1C1CHFX_enAU710AU710&oq=person+getting+bashed+up+over+toilet+paper+in+australia&aqs=chrome..69i57.13029j0j7&sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8

https://www.theguardian.com/australia-news/2020/mar/07/it-isnt-mad-max-police-warning-after-shoppers-brawl-over-toilet-paper-in-sydney
rsactuary
rsactuary
Joined: Sep 6, 2014
  • Threads: 21
  • Posts: 1766
March 15th, 2020 at 4:14:31 PM permalink
Quote: Lovecomps

The whole thing is a gigantic crock of s$$t. The news is just scare'em, scare'em, scare'em. You'd think it was the Black Plague when it's just a different kind of flu


'
Maybe to you, but not to those who are immunocompromised or have underlying health issues. This is about protecting those people.
bobbartop
bobbartop
Joined: Mar 15, 2016
  • Threads: 124
  • Posts: 2542
March 15th, 2020 at 4:21:34 PM permalink
All BARS to close in California. That's right, all bars, taverns, brew pubs, whatever. Governor just announced he wants all bars to close. They are not essential. They are considering all restaurants, but not yet. Just all bars. How many casinos have bars?

So stay home, self-isolate, and drink yourself silly.
'Emergencies' have always been the pretext on which the safeguards of individual liberty have been eroded.
bobbartop
bobbartop
Joined: Mar 15, 2016
  • Threads: 124
  • Posts: 2542
March 15th, 2020 at 4:23:54 PM permalink
I think they just added Wynn and Encore to the Close List. Did someone post this already?
'Emergencies' have always been the pretext on which the safeguards of individual liberty have been eroded.
AZDuffman
AZDuffman
Joined: Nov 2, 2009
  • Threads: 221
  • Posts: 12163
March 15th, 2020 at 4:25:36 PM permalink
Quote: bobbartop

All BARS to close in California. That's right, all bars, taverns, brew pubs, whatever. Governor just announced he wants all bars to close. They are not essential. They are considering all restaurants, but not yet. Just all bars. How many casinos have bars?

So stay home, self-isolate, and drink yourself silly.



Good Luck, here in PA the State Stores (only place in PA you can buy wine and booze) are having lines out the door.
All animals are equal, but some are more equal than others
Wizard
Administrator
Wizard
Joined: Oct 14, 2009
  • Threads: 1353
  • Posts: 22452
March 15th, 2020 at 4:27:28 PM permalink
Quote: bobbartop

I think they just added Wynn and Encore to the Close List. Did someone post this already?



I haven't heard that. There was a myth about the Bellagio and Mirage closing.

The governor just closed Nevada schools for three weeks. I think it would take the federal government to shutter the casinos here, although I could see some twin-properties like Venetian/Palazzo shutting one of them and transferring room reservations at the closed one.
It's not whether you win or lose; it's whether or not you had a good bet.
AZDuffman
AZDuffman
Joined: Nov 2, 2009
  • Threads: 221
  • Posts: 12163
March 15th, 2020 at 4:29:09 PM permalink
Quote: Wizard

I haven't heard that. There was a myth about the Bellagio and Mirage closing.

The governor just closed Nevada schools for three weeks. I think it would take the federal government to shutter the casinos here, although I could see some twin-properties like Venetian/Palazzo shutting one of them and transferring room reservations at the closed one.



I would think that the Gaming Control Board would be the logical one to make the call. Do they have any jurisdiction over the hotel parts? Forget for the minute that without the hotel the casino does not need to be there....
All animals are equal, but some are more equal than others
bobbartop
bobbartop
Joined: Mar 15, 2016
  • Threads: 124
  • Posts: 2542
March 15th, 2020 at 4:29:12 PM permalink
Quote: AZDuffman

Good Luck, here in PA the State Stores (only place in PA you can buy wine and booze) are having lines out the door.




What does this mean? Aren't there any bars in Pennsylvania?
'Emergencies' have always been the pretext on which the safeguards of individual liberty have been eroded.
AZDuffman
AZDuffman
Joined: Nov 2, 2009
  • Threads: 221
  • Posts: 12163
March 15th, 2020 at 5:05:26 PM permalink
Quote: bobbartop

What does this mean? Aren't there any bars in Pennsylvania?



Of course there are. But if you want to buy a bottle you have to go to a "STATE STORE" (modern called "Wine and Spirit") as PA does not allow private liquor stores. PA is the largest wholesale buyer of booze in the USA. Bars must buy from the State Stores, presumable on some sort of commercial account.
All animals are equal, but some are more equal than others
ams288
ams288
Joined: Sep 26, 2012
  • Threads: 22
  • Posts: 5413
March 15th, 2020 at 5:14:46 PM permalink
Quote: bobbartop

I think they just added Wynn and Encore to the Close List. Did someone post this already?



Yep, itís official.

Wynn and Encore are closing March 17th at 6pm for at least two weeks.
Ding Dong the Witch is Dead

  • Jump to: