Thread Rating:

rsactuary
rsactuary
Joined: Sep 6, 2014
  • Threads: 18
  • Posts: 1644
March 16th, 2020 at 5:21:41 PM permalink
WinStar is closed through March 31
Gandler
Gandler
Joined: Jan 27, 2014
  • Threads: 31
  • Posts: 1427
March 16th, 2020 at 6:08:03 PM permalink
Quote: rxwine

In the meantime, make online gambling in the USA legit like any other business.



It is a state issue. It already is in some States (such as NJ, though casinos are required to have a physical casino in order to have an online casino).

It is Federally allowed.

It is not a USA issue, but a state to state issue. Contact your state reps.
Vegasrider
Vegasrider
Joined: Dec 23, 2017
  • Threads: 54
  • Posts: 520
March 16th, 2020 at 6:13:06 PM permalink
So Im currently at one casino in Reno and they have removed many chairs from the machines in order to space the patrons out. Most of the restaurants are closed inside.
Vegasrider
Vegasrider
Joined: Dec 23, 2017
  • Threads: 54
  • Posts: 520
March 16th, 2020 at 6:42:58 PM permalink
Nevada Gaming Commision has set up guidelines for casinos to stay open. No more than 3 chairs at the table, machines cleaned every 2 hours, no self serve food service, like buffets. I guess live poker is out of the question
DRich
DRich
Joined: Jul 6, 2012
  • Threads: 71
  • Posts: 6139
Thanks for this post from:
beachbumbabs
March 16th, 2020 at 6:56:42 PM permalink
Quote: Keyser



Smoking should be banned from all public places.



Or we should have a free market where nonsmokers don't support businesses that allow smoking,
Living longer does not always infer +EV
bobbartop
bobbartop
Joined: Mar 15, 2016
  • Threads: 124
  • Posts: 2542
March 16th, 2020 at 6:58:59 PM permalink
Quote: Gandler

It is a state issue. It already is in some States (such as NJ, though casinos are required to have a physical casino in order to have an online casino).

It is Federally allowed.

It is not a USA issue, but a state to state issue. Contact your state reps.




Are you sure about that? I remember, under the last administration, the "Wire Act" being relaxed or ignored. But was it definitively rejected? Are you sure a new administration couldn't stop it, if they felt like it for some reason? Say, perhaps, because Sheldon Adelson threw a hissy fit?
'Emergencies' have always been the pretext on which the safeguards of individual liberty have been eroded.
Gandler
Gandler
Joined: Jan 27, 2014
  • Threads: 31
  • Posts: 1427
Thanks for this post from:
bobbartop
March 16th, 2020 at 7:09:41 PM permalink
Quote: bobbartop

Are you sure about that? I remember, under the last administration, the "Wire Act" being relaxed or ignored. But was it definitively rejected? Are you sure a new administration couldn't stop it, if they felt like it for some reason? Say, perhaps, because Sheldon Adelson threw a hissy fit?



Pretty Sure. The Wire Act was strictly about Sports betting (which has been overturned).
There is essentially a Federal Law that makes it illegal to essentially gamble where illegal (IE you place a bet in a state where gambling is not legal). But, there is no blanket prohibition on any kind of online gambling. If a State chooses to allow it, it is 100% legal (as seen in several states now).

" The first myth that should immediately be dispelled is that online gambling (by the gambler himself/herself) is in any way prohibited by Federal law. "

Wizard of Odds
https://wizardofodds.com/the-legality-of-online-gambling-us/

"In Nevada, only poker is available for legal consumption; New Jersey offers poker rooms and other types of casino games at its state-licensed online casinos. As for sports betting - a form of gambling that was illegal under federal law - it has received a chance to be legalized in May 2018, when the US Supreme Court lifted the ban and allowed each individual state to decide whether or not legislation will take place. "


https://www.legalzoom.com/articles/online-gambling-is-it-legal
JohnnyQ
JohnnyQ
Joined: Nov 3, 2009
  • Threads: 213
  • Posts: 3171
March 16th, 2020 at 7:21:49 PM permalink
I do not understand the inconsistency.

https://www.rgj.com/story/news/2020/03/16/what-las-vegas-hotel-casinos-closed-heres-what-you-need-know/5059815002/

- "This story will be updated as information develops. Check RGJ.com for updates..."

Bars, restaurants, and Casinos are closed where I live. Schools are going to on-line instruction only, no in-person classes. I work in an office so have been told to work from home using my laptop computer. Meetings are held on-line.
All around me are familiar faces / Worn out places, worn out faces / Bright and early for their daily races / Going nowhere, going nowhere - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kdCLnwIkkps
bobbartop
bobbartop
Joined: Mar 15, 2016
  • Threads: 124
  • Posts: 2542
March 16th, 2020 at 7:21:52 PM permalink
Quote: Gandler

Pretty Sure. The Wire Act was strictly about Sports betting (which has been overturned).
There is essentially a Federal Law that makes it illegal to essentially gamble where illegal (IE you place a bet in a state where gambling is not legal). But, there is no blanket prohibition on any kind of online gambling. If a State chooses to allow it, it is 100% legal (as seen in several states now).

" The first myth that should immediately be dispelled is that online gambling (by the gambler himself/herself) is in any way prohibited by Federal law. "

Wizard of Odds
https://wizardofodds.com/the-legality-of-online-gambling-us/

"In Nevada, only poker is available for legal consumption; New Jersey offers poker rooms and other types of casino games at its state-licensed online casinos. As for sports betting - a form of gambling that was illegal under federal law - it has received a chance to be legalized in May 2018, when the US Supreme Court lifted the ban and allowed each individual state to decide whether or not legislation will take place. "


https://www.legalzoom.com/articles/online-gambling-is-it-legal




I seem to have forgotten about 2018. I was just asking, not stating anything. And I remember the Wire Act applying to sports, but I'm pretty sure the anti-online gambling folks, (anti-online poker, casinos, etc.) used to bring up the Wire Act all the time in trying to suppress it, whether they were right or not. Quite a few hypocrites involved, in my opinion.

Anyway, the more the merrier. You can't put technology back in the bottle. I want online gambling of all sorts to be wide open, before I'm too old to enjoy it.

Thanks for your opinion and reply.
'Emergencies' have always been the pretext on which the safeguards of individual liberty have been eroded.
darkoz
darkoz
Joined: Dec 22, 2009
  • Threads: 232
  • Posts: 6807
Thanks for this post from:
tringlomaneCrystalMath
March 16th, 2020 at 8:02:45 PM permalink
I was there today as Atlantic City casinos closed

About one pm they began keying off machines that had no one seated

All the machines were being emptied systematically of cash. The bartender said they will be taking it all out not only for safety but to collect as much interest at the bank during the closure as possible. Not sure how reliable the bartender was. Sounds reasonable though.

Last night before the close order by the state every other machine was turned off so no one could be seated next to another patron. About 60% of the machines were still on (It wasn't half because of three bank setups they turned off the middle slot only)

I observed a lot of husband's gambling while their wives watched and were like "oh, how convenient there is an empty seat for me". Yep a lot of deactivated empty seats were simply occupied by people anyway completely negating any point to them being shut off.

Although e-games also had the empty seat arrangements live table games did not. Lack of workers/business meant fewer tables open so a lot were packed around with gamblers shoulder to shoulder.

Finally I observed a woman entering the men's room at Bally's about ten feet ahead of me. I entered in time to see her going into a stall with her boyfriend. The center stall of three and I had to go so I wound up in the stall to their left.

It was obvious from the slurping noises and shadow movement she was giving him head. Unhygienic during the best of times. Coronavirus be damned.

It didn't end well. A huge plopping turd and a release of pent-up gas from me caused them to freak out. They didn't finish and quickly left

Must be romantic to service your boyfriend surrounded by the pungent aroma of the guy crapping into the toilet next to you.

Days of wine and roses and plopping turds
For Whom the bus tolls; The bus tolls for thee

  • Jump to: