rxwine
rxwine
  • Threads: 166
April 7th, 2020 at 9:31:34 PM permalink
Think it has anything to do with kids not being in school? They're not suppose to be hanging out. Either stay home or go to Walmart.
Quasimodo? Does that name ring a bell?
jjjoooggg
jjjoooggg
  • Threads: 29
April 7th, 2020 at 9:36:48 PM permalink
Quote: AxelWolf

Quote: jjjoooggg

Im considering putting newspaper in a paper shredder and see how well it goes as TP. Im certified in plumbing if it clogs.

I'm not sure why you would put it in a paper shredder? If you take newspaper and crumple it up a bunch of times I will soften up pretty good. Better yet, just keep running it back and forth over a hard surface corner, that will have the same effect how's crumpling but much quicker. I guess you're thinking... if it's shredded up it won't clog up as easy. I still don't know what's wrong with a wet washcloth to wipe and a dry one to dry. And then just rinse the used one out really well and proceed to throw it in the washer until you're ready to do a load(no pun intended)

Wouldn't letting the newspaper sit in the toilet with a little bit of Drano or bleach break it down pretty good before you flushed? If you had a little bit of bleach to the water that's definitely going to help stop any smells one might get from leaving an unflushed toilet.

I was cutting newspaper squares. I realized that i wouldnt spend the time to cut the squares. Also, I am worried that wet newspaper will clog even shredded. But im a plumber. Do this at your own risk. Actually, a bidet would also be eco friendly
I belong to an elite group called the "Zombie Outbreak Response Team."
TDVegas
TDVegas
  • Threads: 0
April 7th, 2020 at 10:15:05 PM permalink
Albertsons, Las Vegas....still no paper goods. TP or paper towels. Not a one to be found.
TDVegas
TDVegas
  • Threads: 0
Thanks for this post from:
Suited89
April 7th, 2020 at 10:18:54 PM permalink
Quote: Vegasrider

Here in Reno, a restaurant is givig away free packs of TP if you order takeout. Is the food that bad that you need to hit the head immediately after you eat it?

Also so many people going into stores with entire families which is not helping the situation if stores are limiting the number of customers. It should be one per household.

Morons. These workers are putting their lives on the line to make sure people get essentials and people are going to the store as if itís a family outing. Get what you need only, get it quickly and get out.

I went today....first time in 7 days and maybe 1 in 3 customers had their face covered.
FleaStiff
FleaStiff
  • Threads: 265
April 8th, 2020 at 12:01:03 AM permalink
I just had crab cakes apple sauce and turmeric in the middle of the night. So i must be sheltering in place fairly well. Of course neither the Food Bank, nor the Poorhouse played a role in that.
Suited89
Suited89
  • Threads: 2
April 8th, 2020 at 4:19:52 PM permalink
Local stores are now running very low or out of dish soap (Ajax, Palmolive, Dawn, etc). No doubt people are washing their PPE-gloves and/or hands with this. Makes gloves reusable, and you use much less than liquid or bar soap..
some people need to reimagine their thinking
Mosca
Mosca
  • Threads: 178
April 13th, 2020 at 9:26:51 AM permalink
Quote: Suited89

Local stores are now running very low or out of dish soap (Ajax, Palmolive, Dawn, etc). No doubt people are washing their PPE-gloves and/or hands with this. Makes gloves reusable, and you use much less than liquid or bar soap..

Saw that this morning. We donít need any dish cleaning products, but I wanted to see if this was so. It is.

I went to Wegmanís this morning because I figured bad weather + day after Easter + early morning would = light traffic. I was right. (Wegmanís stores are big, like really big.) I donít think there were more than 50 shoppers.

Everything on our list was available except Clorox wipes (of course), hand sanitizer (of course), and Bisquick. That included things like blueberries, green grapes, fresh bread, eggs, milk, fresh spinach, etc.

Because I need Bisquick for a few different meals I have planned, I stopped at a small local store; no luck. Then I stopped at a third store, Weis, and they were fully stocked! Go figure.
NO KILL I
TigerWu
TigerWu
  • Threads: 21
April 13th, 2020 at 11:08:12 AM permalink
I finally saw some toilet paper at my local store, limit one. Feels like the supply chains are finally starting to catch up, or at least people aren't panic buying as much. A lot of things are still low, but there's plenty of options. I had to buy some brands and alternatives that I normally wouldn't. Also, there were a lot more people wearing masks. I would say at least 50% if not more.
coilman
coilman
  • Threads: 129
April 13th, 2020 at 11:55:39 AM permalink
Stopped by the corner store last night ..... place was cleaned out.

Guy running the store said they ran out of milk Saturday afternoon even with them ordering in twice as much as they usually do for a long weekend. Said they ordered four cases of eggs so 60 dozen all gone Saturday also .... and the eggs are just over $4 a dozen. Bread not a chance. Chips and such slim pickings. Smokes many not getting their first choices .

Crazy as the prices are in there folks were saying it beats the hour long lines at the grocery stores.
zippyboy
zippyboy
  • Threads: 2
April 13th, 2020 at 12:56:35 PM permalink
Quote: TigerWu

I finally saw some toilet paper at my local store, limit one...... I had to buy some brands and alternatives that I normally wouldn't.....

Made in China?
"Poker sure is an easy game to beat if you have the roll to keep rebuying."

• Jump to: