Thread Rating:

Mosca
Mosca
  • Threads: 178
April 7th, 2020 at 9:05:28 AM permalink
Quote: FleaStiff

Quote: Mosca

We tried that [Instacart shopping service]. It was convenient, but our delivery time was set for 7-8PM,

Even with the current disruptions delivery days and times are SELECTABLE.

Ours was fixed, and three days after we ordered; either that or the desireable times were all filled. Regardless, the next time, yesterday morning, we took the trip that I wrote about, yesterday.
NO KILL I
Mosca
Mosca
  • Threads: 178
April 7th, 2020 at 9:08:56 AM permalink
Quote: Gialmere

Concerning toilet paper, I read an article discussing how, although hording is certainly an issue, the big problem is the shift in demand. The tp industry is divided in half between commercial and residential usage. Under normal circumstances the demand for each side is roughly equal.

Unfortunately, times aren't normal. People are struck at home. So all the tp demand once met by the bathrooms in office buildings, restaurants, entertainment venues et al is currently shifted to the residential side. Hence, visiting the paper products aisle at the residential supermarket is like shopping in the former Soviet Union.

Now that is interesting. Iíve also read that with all the shortages of produce, there is actually fruit rotting in warehouses and fields, for the same reason: most of it goes to restaurants and institutions like school cafeterias. Without the commercial market, growers canít afford to pay people to pick food that they canít sell.
NO KILL I
billryan
billryan
  • Threads: 175
April 7th, 2020 at 9:12:17 AM permalink
Las Vegas has all these closed hotels, with tens of thousands of closed rooms. I'm guessing companies like MGM are literally sitting on hundreds of thousands of rolls of toilet paper. Someone is missing a pretty obvious public relations coup.
billryan
billryan
  • Threads: 175
April 7th, 2020 at 9:14:41 AM permalink
At a small online auction in Arizona, 11 rolls of industrial toilet paper sold for $22. Normally, it might bring ten-twenty cents a roll.
Gialmere
Gialmere
  • Threads: 38
April 7th, 2020 at 9:26:09 AM permalink
I've heard that some restaurants will sell you a roll or two of their supply when you pick up your take out.
Have you tried 22 tonight? I said 22.
Joeman
Joeman
  • Threads: 34
April 7th, 2020 at 12:59:26 PM permalink

I've heard that some restaurants will sell you a roll or two of their supply when you pick up your take out.

Not just TP, but our local barbecue restaurant has a list of about 20 'essentials' they will sell you when you go to pick up food.
"Dealer has 'rock'... Pay 'paper!'"
Face
Administrator
Face
  • Threads: 49
April 7th, 2020 at 1:05:07 PM permalink

May we remember those who had our backs when our dicks were in the dirt...

The opinions of this moderator are for entertainment purposes only.
rxwine
rxwine
  • Threads: 166
April 7th, 2020 at 1:23:09 PM permalink
Yeah, a week and a half ago, I would have been fine if they had shipped industrial rolls to the grocery store. Would have bought one. But I got enough now.
Quasimodo? Does that name ring a bell?
Vegasrider
Vegasrider
  • Threads: 61
April 7th, 2020 at 1:45:37 PM permalink

Here in Reno, a restaurant is givig away free packs of TP if you order takeout. Is the food that bad that you need to hit the head immediately after you eat it?

Also so many people going into stores with entire families which is not helping the situation if stores are limiting the number of customers. It should be one per household.
EvenBob
EvenBob
  • Threads: 425
April 7th, 2020 at 9:13:11 PM permalink
Quote: Vegasrider

Also so many people going into stores with entire families which is not helping the situation if stores are limiting the number of customers. It should be one per household.

I said that yesterday. I couldn't believe
the number of couples and fam members
in the store, and not even wearing masks.
Stupidity on the hoof.
"It's not enough to succeed, your friends must fail." Gore Vidal

• Jump to: