heatmap
heatmap
Joined: Feb 12, 2018
  • Threads: 159
  • Posts: 1097
December 22nd, 2019 at 6:51:18 PM permalink
Around the globe? In america? anyone have any stats?
ksdjdj
ksdjdj
Joined: Oct 20, 2013
  • Threads: 78
  • Posts: 894
Thanks for this post from:
heatmap
December 22nd, 2019 at 10:13:09 PM permalink
It doesn't really answer your question with a "total $ figure", but here are some articles you may find interesting.

https://www.reviewjournal.com/business/casinos-gaming/basic-casino-cheating-scams-hardest-to-catch-gaming-experts-say/

https://www.theverge.com/2013/1/14/3857842/las-vegas-casino-security-versus-cheating-technology

https://www.businessinsider.com.au/scandals-casinos-gambling-las-vegas-2019-6?r=US&IR=T

https://www.wired.com/2017/02/russians-engineer-brilliant-slot-machine-cheat-casinos-no-fix/

https://harvardjsel.com/wp-content/uploads/sites/9/2019/02/HLS102.pdf

Note: Most of the links are about "players' cheating casinos", but the "harvardjsel.com" link is about the casinos "cheating" players, with "cheat prevention countermeasures".

There are many more, but I am not going to read them (just google what you had as the name for this thread, and you should find plenty, hopefully one will have a "$ figure" for you ?)

Otherwise, someone on this forum who is in the "casino business" could have better info to give you, maybe?
jjjoooggg
jjjoooggg
Joined: Jul 13, 2012
  • Threads: 29
  • Posts: 789
December 22nd, 2019 at 11:02:09 PM permalink
Quote: ksdjdj

It doesn't really answer your question with a "total $ figure", but here are some articles you may find interesting.

https://www.reviewjournal.com/business/casinos-gaming/basic-casino-cheating-scams-hardest-to-catch-gaming-experts-say/

https://www.theverge.com/2013/1/14/3857842/las-vegas-casino-security-versus-cheating-technology

https://www.businessinsider.com.au/scandals-casinos-gambling-las-vegas-2019-6?r=US&IR=T

https://www.wired.com/2017/02/russians-engineer-brilliant-slot-machine-cheat-casinos-no-fix/

https://harvardjsel.com/wp-content/uploads/sites/9/2019/02/HLS102.pdf

Note: Most of the links are about "players' cheating casinos", but the "harvardjsel.com" link is about the casinos "cheating" players, with "cheat prevention countermeasures".

There are many more, but I am not going to read them (just google what you had as the name for this thread, and you should find plenty, hopefully one will have a "$ figure" for you ?)

Otherwise, someone on this forum who is in the "casino business" could have better info to give you, maybe?



I know that a casino in vegas cheats bc a dealer told me. Idk how often though. Its also risky for the casino?

Another retired dealer confirmed to me another way they cheat.
I belong to an elite group called the "Zombie Outbreak Response Team."
Zcore13
Zcore13
Joined: Nov 30, 2009
  • Threads: 39
  • Posts: 3537
December 22nd, 2019 at 11:28:52 PM permalink
Quote: jjjoooggg

I know that a casino in vegas cheats bc a dealer told me. Idk how often though. Its also risky for the casino?

Another retired dealer confirmed to me another way they cheat.



Lol. So, what did the dealer tell you he/they did to cheat?


ZCore13
I am an employee of a Casino. Former Table Games Director,, current Pit Supervisor. All the personal opinions I post are my own and do not represent the opinions of the Casino or Tribe that I work for.
FleaStiff
FleaStiff
Joined: Oct 19, 2009
  • Threads: 265
  • Posts: 14429
December 23rd, 2019 at 1:30:30 AM permalink
Quote: Zcore13

Lol. So, what did the dealer tell you he/they did to cheat?

Retired dealer? Were you by any chance buying him drinks at the time? Buy me some drinks and I'll tell you some really juicy stories about casinos that cheat. Then you can buy me lunch at Burger King, so there will be even more whoppers! Them casinos spend zillions on advertising and public relations trying to attract and retain customers and along comes some low paid dealer whose got the skinny on how the casino cheats? Get Real!!
SOOPOO
SOOPOO
Joined: Aug 8, 2010
  • Threads: 108
  • Posts: 6908
December 23rd, 2019 at 6:52:27 AM permalink
The only thing I know is that casinos spend a large multiple of what they lose to cheaters to prevent cheaters from taking more......
heatmap
heatmap
Joined: Feb 12, 2018
  • Threads: 159
  • Posts: 1097
December 23rd, 2019 at 7:16:28 AM permalink
Quote: SOOPOO

The only thing I know is that casinos spend a large multiple of what they lose to cheaters to prevent cheaters from taking more......



ive read something similar
TomG
TomG
Joined: Sep 26, 2010
  • Threads: 13
  • Posts: 2070
December 23rd, 2019 at 7:23:22 AM permalink
My hypothesis is that if you add up all cheating in all casinos, the casinos show a huge profit from it. The casinos cheat the players out of far more money than the players could ever cheat the casinos out of money. Here's one example of a Las Vegas casino attempting to cheat a player out of $30,000 by changing the odds after the bet has been resolved: https://wizardofvegas.com/forum/gambling/big-wins/28555-paigow-bonus-casino-did-not-pay-full-amount-as-shown-on-the-table/ -- And that is in the most well-regulated gambling jurisdiction in the world. Imagine how much of this stuff goes on in unregulated places. I'm sure there are players here who could tell plenty of stories of casinos cheating them out of money.

The more I think about it, it isn't really a hypothesis so much as a certainty
Zcore13
Zcore13
Joined: Nov 30, 2009
  • Threads: 39
  • Posts: 3537
December 23rd, 2019 at 7:44:30 AM permalink
Quote: TomG

My hypothesis is that if you add up all cheating in all casinos, the casinos show a huge profit from it. The casinos cheat the players out of far more money than the players could ever cheat the casinos out of money. Here's one example of a Las Vegas casino attempting to cheat a player out of $30,000 by changing the odds after the bet has been resolved: https://wizardofvegas.com/forum/gambling/big-wins/28555-paigow-bonus-casino-did-not-pay-full-amount-as-shown-on-the-table/ -- And that is in the most well-regulated gambling jurisdiction in the world. Imagine how much of this stuff goes on in unregulated places. I'm sure there are players here who could tell plenty of stories of casinos cheating them out of money.

The more I think about it, it isn't really a hypothesis so much as a certainty



I would not call that the Casino trying to cheat a player. To me that's a decision by an individual employee, not systematic cheating by a casino. That's like saying an entire police force is corrupt because 1 officer took a bribe. Or, a hospital murders patients because a nurse poisoned one.


ZCore13
I am an employee of a Casino. Former Table Games Director,, current Pit Supervisor. All the personal opinions I post are my own and do not represent the opinions of the Casino or Tribe that I work for.
onenickelmiracle
onenickelmiracle
Joined: Jan 26, 2012
  • Threads: 209
  • Posts: 7999
Thanks for this post from:
Mission146
December 23rd, 2019 at 7:49:49 AM permalink
Any kind of security or protection is always supposed to cost more than losses, without them, it would keep happening repeatedly. We all have locks on our doors and our losses are less than the things stolen.
In the land of the blind, the man with one eye is the care taker. Hold my beer.

  • Jump to: