OnceDear
Administrator
OnceDear
  • Threads: 43
July 6th, 2019 at 6:49:44 AM permalink
Quote: Boz

https://pocketsense.com/long-can-stay-food-stamps-6425.html

The important takeaway....There is NO time limit as long as you quality.

So as long as you sling rock, su&k c&$k or otherwise avoid legitimate income, you are Golden. Aint America Great?

Pretty awful clickbait site, regardless of the validity of the 'article'
If you are enjoying the game, you're already winning.
darkoz
darkoz
  • Threads: 208
July 6th, 2019 at 7:10:26 AM permalink

https://pocketsense.com/long-can-stay-food-stamps-6425.html

The important takeaway....There is NO time limit AS LONG AS YOU QUALIFY.

So as long as you sling rock, su&k c&$k or otherwise avoid legitimate income, you are Golden. Aint America Great?

I took the liberty of not changing one word of your post.

I simply bolded the most relevant part.

I cant think of a better system than people only receive benefits WHEN THEY QUALIFY.

Again, not sure what your reasoning is that people who qualify should NOT receive benefits except your own beliefs that needy people (the definition of qualifying for assistance) should be denied help.

If there is fraud, those should be expelled and prosecuted. The rest (those who qualify) should keep their benefits
Boz
Boz
  • Threads: 153
July 6th, 2019 at 7:33:07 AM permalink
Quote: darkoz

I took the liberty of not changing one word of your post.

I simply bolded the most relevant part.

I cant think of a better system than people only receive benefits WHEN THEY QUALIFY.

Again, not sure what your reasoning is that people who qualify should NOT receive benefits except your own beliefs that needy people (the definition of qualifying for assistance) should be denied help.

If there is fraud, those should be expelled and prosecuted. The rest (those who qualify) should keep their benefits

Or, if of sound body and mind, get off your Fn ass and get a 2nd job or do something to improve their lives. Somewhere there has to be a willingness to improve your life and that of your family. Unfortunately the past shows it often continues generation to generation and the giving of handouts contributed to it.

The difference is I believe most people are capable of improving their lives if forced to. Whereas you continue to defend laziness and poor life decisions.
darkoz
darkoz
July 6th, 2019 at 7:43:54 AM permalink

Or, if of sound body and mind, get off your Fn ass and get a 2nd job or do something to improve their lives. Somewhere there has to be a willingness to improve your life and that of your family. Unfortunately the past shows it often continues generation to generation and the giving of handouts contributed to it.

The difference is I believe most people are capable of improving their lives if forced to. Whereas you continue to defend laziness and poor life decisions.

Boz,

https://www.federalregister.gov/documents/2019/02/01/2018-28059/supplemental-nutrition-assistance-program-requirements-for-able-bodied-adults-without-dependents

Please read the first sentence first paragraph in that link.

It states people able to work have restrictions on the amount of time they can receive public assistance within a given time frame 36 months or i.e. once you have received your quota of benefits you are ineligible for at 3 years from any more benefits.

What you are advocating IS ALREADY IN EXISTENCE.

Again, not sure why you are imagining the government is just handing out money with no time limits to undeserving people.

You have yet to show an official government link that says your claims

All the links I have given advocate precisely what you want.

Please clarify.
DRich
DRich
  • Threads: 67
July 6th, 2019 at 9:44:13 AM permalink
Quote: ChumpChange

A fast food combo meal is running $10-$15. Food Stamps only pays $3-$6 a day. #FightFor15

I eat off of the dollar menu so why can't they? I get two chicken sandwiches, a fry, and a drink for $4 at McDonalds.
Living longer does not always infer +EV
ChumpChange
ChumpChange
  • Threads: 15
July 6th, 2019 at 9:50:28 AM permalink
I lost 60 pounds on a double whoppper diet. BK is too far away now.
billryan
billryan
  • Threads: 149
July 6th, 2019 at 10:00:33 AM permalink
Quote: DRich

I eat off of the dollar menu so why can't they? I get two chicken sandwiches, a fry, and a drink for $4 at McDonalds.

Bah. Using their app can knock 25% off that. Stop throwing your money away. Food stamps can't be used at fast food joints. In fact, it's hard to use them on any hot food. That seems counterintuitive.
darkoz
darkoz
July 6th, 2019 at 10:16:08 AM permalink
Quote: billryan

Bah. Using their app can knock 25% off that. Stop throwing your money away. Food stamps can't be used at fast food joints. In fact, it's hard to use them on any hot food. That seems counterintuitive.

In NY you cant use food stamps for hot food

I really think righties imagine poor people eating at Sizzler and paying with an EBT card
ChumpChange
ChumpChange
  • Threads: 15
July 6th, 2019 at 10:23:12 AM permalink
I used to buy sirloin steak when it was $3 a pound. I'd buy like half a dozen steaks and throw them in the freezer. Years later, how much is steak? $25 a pound? There's no keeping up with inflation here.
TomG
TomG
  • Threads: 10
July 6th, 2019 at 10:23:43 AM permalink

Working at a job or multiple jobs, improving our lives, and collecting food stamps are not mutually exclusive activities.

There are a lot of people who do get off their ass, earn an income, support a family and get welfare. There are also people who do that and don't collect welfare. And then there are people who sit on their ass all day and collect a government check. And people who sit around all day and don't collect.

The problem lies entirely with the people who continue to give out the welfare when not appropriate. Continually and constantly blaming the people collecting it is completely illogical and is a big part of what allows it to continue forever.

• Jump to: