aceofspades
aceofspades
  • Threads: 366
Thanked by
Gialmerebeachbumbabs
May 7th, 2019 at 7:34:39 AM permalink
https://www.lasvegasnow.com/news/vital-vegas-5619-edition/1984824373

They should have inverted surge gambling rules - if nobody is playing blackjack, make the rules more player friendly, if nobody is playing VP, change the payables, etc
charliepatrick
charliepatrick
  • Threads: 39
May 7th, 2019 at 7:52:48 AM permalink
Quote: https://www.lasvegasnow.com/

This site is currently unavailable to visitors from the European Economic Area while we work to ensure your data is protected in accordance with applicable EU laws.

aceofspades
aceofspades
May 7th, 2019 at 8:09:37 AM permalink
Quote: charliepatrick

Quote: https://www.lasvegasnow.com/

This site is currently unavailable to visitors from the European Economic Area while we work to ensure your data is protected in accordance with applicable EU laws.

F the EU! :)
Ayecarumba
Ayecarumba
  • Threads: 236
May 7th, 2019 at 9:25:29 AM permalink
Quote: aceofspades

https://www.lasvegasnow.com/news/vital-vegas-5619-edition/1984824373

They should have inverted surge gambling rules - if nobody is playing blackjack, make the rules more player friendly, if nobody is playing VP, change the payables, etc

Could this lead to intimidating other players so they go elsewhere in order to preserve good rules for a small crew?
Simplicity is the ultimate sophistication - Leonardo da Vinci
charliepatrick
charliepatrick
  • Threads: 39
May 7th, 2019 at 10:04:42 AM permalink

F the EU! :)

I couldn't possibly comment on anyone's views on the EU (I assume you meant that rather than me). It's a political potato mentioning Brexit and how people voted in the referendum!

Seriously it's a pain that sometimes one can't see various newspaper and similar media sites because the EU have introduced new privacy rights (which many US companies prefer to ignore). I don't know the details but guess they are trying to grab minor personal details or something similar which just crosses the legal boundary in the EU but not in the US.
FleaStiff
FleaStiff
  • Threads: 265
May 7th, 2019 at 10:56:52 AM permalink

because the EU have introduced new privacy rights (which many US companies prefer to ignore). I don't know the details but guess they are trying to grab minor personal details or something similar which just crosses the legal boundary in the EU but not in the US.

The EU requires an affirmative disclosure that 'we use cookies' as well as a link that fully explains cookies.
aceofspades
aceofspades
May 7th, 2019 at 10:57:26 AM permalink

I couldn't possibly comment on anyone's views on the EU (I assume you meant that rather than me). It's a political potato mentioning Brexit and how people voted in the referendum!

Seriously it's a pain that sometimes one can't see various newspaper and similar media sites because the EU have introduced new privacy rights (which many US companies prefer to ignore). I don't know the details but guess they are trying to grab minor personal details or something similar which just crosses the legal boundary in the EU but not in the US.

Was not directed at you at all, it was at the E.U.
and not directed at any ewe that might be reading these forums as well :)
FleaStiff
FleaStiff
  • Threads: 265
May 7th, 2019 at 11:16:18 AM permalink

Rooms are cheap and everybody gets comped during deadweek; that is surge pricing. Eons ago a group of friends decided to deck the females out in low cut evening gowns and scads of jewelry while the men wore formal evening wear of white tie and tails. The group traveled by two limousines and descended on a low-roller break-in joint where they played with blacks, Bananas and Barneys. That was certainly surge pricing on the part of the players. Those poor dealers rarely saw anything higher than a green chip.

Crowds ebb and flow and player's preferences change, so surges in crowds can yield surge pricing and surge staffing.
billryan
billryan
  • Threads: 240
May 7th, 2019 at 1:33:12 PM permalink
The one and only time I tried Huber, I had a $20 credit I wanted to use. I checked an hour or two before I was ready and got a estimate of $25. Logged in when I was ready and it was a super surge or something and the price was incredibly higher.
I've never used them. I use Lyft a dozen times a year and have yet to hit a surge.
The difference between fiction and reality is that fiction is supposed to make sense.
  • Jump to: