Thread Rating:

bobbartop
bobbartop
  • Threads: 133
April 11th, 2019 at 11:33:42 AM permalink
Truth Is Treason In An Empire of Lies
'Emergencies' have always been the pretext on which the safeguards of individual liberty have been eroded.
beachbumbabs
beachbumbabs
  • Threads: 100
Thanked by
bobbartop
April 11th, 2019 at 11:45:42 AM permalink
Quote: bobbartop

The issue, as I understand the actual charge, is that Assange actively helped Chelsea Manning hack the govt computer in order to get the documents he then published. I think it's correct that that is illegal, and apparently they have some evidence that shows Assange took a part-password from Manning and either he himself broke it or got a black hat to crack the rest.

Otoh, that may be a pretext just to get him over here, and lots more may be ready to rain down. I guess we'll see. But reportedly they've avoided any taint of 1st Amendment issues in the actual indictment.
If the House lost every hand, they wouldn't deal the game.
darkoz
darkoz 
  • Threads: 297
April 11th, 2019 at 11:49:54 AM permalink

Thats why we need to be rid of Trump
For Whom the bus tolls; The bus tolls for thee
bobbartop
bobbartop
April 11th, 2019 at 11:51:43 AM permalink
Quote: beachbumbabs

Otoh, that may be a pretext just to get him over here, and lots more may be ready to rain down.

understatement
'Emergencies' have always been the pretext on which the safeguards of individual liberty have been eroded.
bobbartop
bobbartop
April 11th, 2019 at 11:55:02 AM permalink
Quote: darkoz

Of course. That's because only republicans are dishonest.
terapined
terapined
  • Threads: 89
Thanked by
kgb92
April 11th, 2019 at 12:04:19 PM permalink

Absolutely not. I don't trust anybody in DC. Do you??
That's why I support ALL investigations regardless of party
Its just a forum. Nothing here to get obsessed about.
ams288
ams288
  • Threads: 22
Thanked by
bobbartop
April 11th, 2019 at 12:12:58 PM permalink
Most importantly: what happened to his cat?!
Ding Dong the Witch is Dead
petroglyph
petroglyph
  • Threads: 19
Thanked by
bobbartop
EvenBob
EvenBob
  • Threads: 441
April 11th, 2019 at 12:19:10 PM permalink

Be patient, only 5 1/2 years to go. The
real question is, will Pence be on the
ticket next year. They want somebody
they can run in 2024, and that ain't
Pence.
"It's not called gambling if the math is on your side."
bobbartop
bobbartop
Thanked by
RogerKintpetroglyphRS
April 11th, 2019 at 12:20:10 PM permalink
Quote: terapined

Absolutely not. I don't trust anybody in DC. Do you??
That's why I support ALL investigations regardless of party

Investigate the investigators.
darkoz
darkoz 
April 11th, 2019 at 12:22:33 PM permalink

I specifically said Trump

Get an honest Republican in office and I am fine

Get a dishonest democrat in office and I am for treatment the same as I advocate for Trump
bobbartop
bobbartop
Thanked by
petroglyph
April 11th, 2019 at 12:27:21 PM permalink

I specifically said Trump

Get an honest Republican in office and I am fine

Rand Paul.
RonC
RonC
  • Threads: 40
Thanked by
beachbumbabs
April 11th, 2019 at 12:31:48 PM permalink
I read the indictment. If he was involved in stealing documents and braking into our computer systems, he should be prosecuted fully. Not just for him, but every time it happens. Stealing files is not a "Freedom of the Press" issue.
bobbartop
bobbartop
April 11th, 2019 at 12:48:47 PM permalink
Quote: RonC

I read the indictment. If he was involved in stealing documents and braking into our computer systems, he should be prosecuted fully. Not just for him, but every time it happens. Stealing files is not a "Freedom of the Press" issue.

He just spent seven years in a box. Time served.

And where's the cat?
darkoz
darkoz 
Thanked by
kgb92
April 11th, 2019 at 12:50:02 PM permalink

Rand Paul.

Sure.

I may not support him or his policies but if he was to win and was honest I am fine with that

There is a difference between wanting your party in power to support your beliefs vs wanting anyone in your party to be president no matter how bad he is
darkoz
darkoz 
April 11th, 2019 at 12:51:32 PM permalink

And where's the cat?

So a murderer on the run who eludes punishment by hiding at their girlfriends house did time served for living in a box
FleaStiff
FleaStiff
  • Threads: 265
April 11th, 2019 at 12:52:07 PM permalink
The original rape charge was a trumped-up private prosecution in Sweden, dropped quite some time ago.

WikiLeaks was a good idea but people forget that dumping humungous numbers of documents there allows for hundreds of forgeries to go unscrutinized.

Putin's Pals essentially used WikiLeaks as a tool by dumping so much data and Assange had no way of knowing this. the seven year police/military presence outside the embassy was funded by the USA.
bobbartop
bobbartop
April 11th, 2019 at 12:52:53 PM permalink

Stealing files is not a "Freedom of the Press" issue.

Policing the world is not a "no foreign entanglements" issue.
RonC
RonC
April 11th, 2019 at 12:54:05 PM permalink

And where's the cat?

Conflicting reports are out on that...

--the embassy gave it to a shelter because Assange would not clean the box

--Assange gave it away so that it could live a normal life
Boz
Boz
  • Threads: 155
April 11th, 2019 at 12:54:15 PM permalink

The issue, as I understand the actual charge, is that Assange actively helped Chelsea Manning hack the govt computer in order to get the documents he then published.

That’s Bradley Manning you are talking about, not Chelsea.
AZDuffman
AZDuffman
  • Threads: 240
Thanked by
EvenBobbobbartop
April 11th, 2019 at 12:55:27 PM permalink

There is a difference between wanting your party in power to support your beliefs vs wanting anyone in your party to be president no matter how bad he is

Sounds like Hillary?
All animals are equal, but some are more equal than others
Hullabaloo
Hullabaloo
  • Threads: 17
Thanked by
beachbumbabsMintyunJon
April 11th, 2019 at 12:55:58 PM permalink

And where's the cat?

The cat is also in a sealed box, along with a flask of poison and a source of radiation.

From what I've read the cat is both dead and alive.
bobbartop
bobbartop
April 11th, 2019 at 12:58:28 PM permalink

So a murderer on the run who eludes punishment by hiding at their girlfriends house did time served for living in a box

Stay on topic. Let's not bring up the visits and vegan lunches from Pamela Anderson.
RonC
RonC
April 11th, 2019 at 1:00:29 PM permalink

Policing the world is not a "no foreign entanglements" issue.

I am not sure what your point is on this, though I do know that George Washington warned against foreign entanglements. In this specific case, some are concerned about arresting Assange being an attack on freedom of speech. That concern would be justified if he was being arrested for speech...but he was arrested for stealing from the government files. One is not free to do that.
RonC
RonC
April 11th, 2019 at 1:00:57 PM permalink

Stay on topic. Let's not bring up the visits and vegan lunches from Pamela Anderson.

I heard that they have videos...
bobbartop
bobbartop
April 11th, 2019 at 1:01:06 PM permalink
Quote: Hullabaloo

The cat is also in a sealed box, along with a flask of poison and a source of radiation.

From what I've read the cat is both dead and alive.

Omg, what is this? Please post warnings for me before bad cat jokes. Thanks.
beachbumbabs
beachbumbabs
April 11th, 2019 at 1:29:07 PM permalink
Quote: Boz

That’s Bradley Manning you are talking about, not Chelsea.

Is that not her new name? I know this is an issue for you, but I address people by how they ask to be addressed. If I don't have to sleep with that person or be that person myself, I couldn't care less what's under anybody's clothing.
RS
RS
  • Threads: 62
April 11th, 2019 at 1:42:30 PM permalink
Wtf are you talking about a cat for? Unless it’s a Schrödinger’s cat reference; I just didn’t imagine y’all that smart. :)
beachbumbabs
beachbumbabs
April 11th, 2019 at 1:44:58 PM permalink
Quote: RS

Wtf are you talking about a cat for? Unless it’s a Schrödinger’s cat reference; I just didn’t imagine y’all that smart. :)

I, for one, got the Schrödinger’s joke immediately. What was your excuse? (Insert fake smiley face here in return).
heatmap
heatmap
  • Threads: 260
Thanked by
petroglyph
April 11th, 2019 at 2:11:47 PM permalink

The issue, as I understand the actual charge, is that Assange actively helped Chelsea Manning hack the govt computer in order to get the documents he then published. I think it's correct that that is illegal, and apparently they have some evidence that shows Assange took a part-password from Manning and either he himself broke it or got a black hat to crack the rest.

Otoh, that may be a pretext just to get him over here, and lots more may be ready to rain down. I guess we'll see. But reportedly they've avoided any taint of 1st Amendment issues in the actual indictment.

if youve ever read bradleys manifesto, he had access to all of the documents and had access to TROVES of it. he was a data analyst who would review missions and come up with gameplans or strategies for future battles. He simply wasnt supposed to take it home, which he did, and was apparently protocol to keep copies of the data so it was simply lying around because he had so much of it apparently. Julian assange was a reporter in my opinion.
Boz
Boz
  • Threads: 155
April 11th, 2019 at 2:14:29 PM permalink

Is that not her new name? I know this is an issue for you, but I address people by how they ask to be addressed. If I don't have to sleep with that person or be that person myself, I couldn't care less what's under anybody's clothing.

It may be their new name but the crime was committed as Bradley.

Question. Who holds most of the NCAA Basketball records at UCLA? Hint, it’s not Kareem according to the records.
terapined
terapined
  • Threads: 89
Thanked by
beachbumbabs
April 11th, 2019 at 2:35:44 PM permalink

Question. Who holds most of the NCAA Basketball records at UCLA? Hint, it’s not Kareem according to the records.

Bill Walton? He's a deadhead by the way, seen him at shows :-)
Its just a forum. Nothing here to get obsessed about.
RS
RS
  • Threads: 62
Thanked by
beachbumbabs
April 11th, 2019 at 2:55:58 PM permalink

I, for one, got the Schrödinger’s joke immediately. What was your excuse? (Insert fake smiley face here in return).

I just didn't imagine y'all were that smart which is why I initially didn't think that's what was being referenced.
RonC
RonC
Thanked by
heatmap
April 11th, 2019 at 2:58:43 PM permalink
Quote: heatmap

if youve ever read bradleys manifesto, he had access to all of the documents and had access to TROVES of it. he was a data analyst who would review missions and come up with gameplans or strategies for future battles. He simply wasnt supposed to take it home, which he did, and was apparently protocol to keep copies of the data so it was simply lying around because he had so much of it apparently. Julian assange was a reporter in my opinion.

The first count of the indictment is based not on the information he got, but on the fact that he assisted in trying to break into a secured system and help steal information.
MaxPen
MaxPen
  • Threads: 13
April 11th, 2019 at 3:15:15 PM permalink

The first count of the indictment is based not on the information he got, but on the fact that he assisted in trying to break into a secured system and help steal information.

If you sit back and think about the timing, this is simply a way to introduce evidence Assange has against the Deep State. It is time to rumble and alot of the trash in the closet is getting ready to be taken out to the curb.
heatmap
heatmap
April 11th, 2019 at 3:15:33 PM permalink

ah okay well at least wikipedia says he downloaded the database of materials over the internet. from my understanding if you are not supposed to access something that isnt yours its considered hacking even if you know how to access it.

From wikipedia :

Assigned in 2009 to an Army unit in Iraq as an intelligence analyst, Manning had access to classified databases. In early 2010, she leaked classified information to WikiLeaks and confided this to Adrian Lamo, an online acquaintance.[11] Lamo indirectly informed the Army's Criminal Investigation Command, and Manning was arrested in May that same year.[12] The material included videos of the July 12, 2007, Baghdad airstrike, and the 2009 Granai airstrike in Afghanistan; 251,287 U.S. diplomatic cables;[13] and 482,832 Army reports that came to be known as the "Iraq War Logs"[14] and "Afghan War Diary".[15] The material was published by WikiLeaks and its media partners between April 2010 and April 2011.

i emphasize this because people are the biggest problem to security and there is a difference between hacking and having access to the data already and stealing. i did a small report when i was in school on him and this hacking charge is confusing me because its not in the main narrative that i previously know.
EvenBob
EvenBob
  • Threads: 441
April 11th, 2019 at 4:17:03 PM permalink

Manning had access to classified databases. In early 2010, she leaked classified

That's incorrect. There was no 'she'
Manning then. Cassius Clay won
the 1960 Olympics, not Ali. To say
Ali won would be incorrect.
"It's not called gambling if the math is on your side."
heatmap
heatmap
April 11th, 2019 at 5:01:07 PM permalink
Quote: EvenBob

Manning had access to classified databases. In early 2010, she leaked classified

That's incorrect. There was no 'she'
Manning then. Cassius Clay won
the 1960 Olympics, not Ali. To say
Ali won would be incorrect.

I was like wtf I didn’t say that but I mixed wiki pedia with my statement... I don’t believe it’s a she either trust me. If it’s a she then I’m an attack helicopter and you better treat me like that and if you misgender me I’ll report you to the London police and they’ll run an inquiry I know they are on top of the thought police crap
petroglyph
petroglyph
  • Threads: 19
April 11th, 2019 at 5:15:31 PM permalink
Tulsi Gabbard

@TulsiGabbard
The arrest of #JulianAssange is meant to send a message to all Americans and journalists: be quiet, behave, toe the line. Or you will pay the price.

2:04 PM - Apr 11, 2019

But the Democrat party prefers Biden or Sanders?
bobbartop
bobbartop
April 11th, 2019 at 9:47:05 PM permalink
I found this in an article. This really sucks. Julian Assange's family gave him the cat. He should have safely transferred that cat back to a friend or family member. Give it to Pamela Anderson, she would have taken good care of it. But here's what the article says. I was a fan, but maybe seven years has made Assange lose his mind. This pisses me off.

------------------------------------------------
Turns out, Assange let his beloved pet go in November so he wouldn’t be trapped at the embassy anymore, Italian newspaper La Repubblica previously reported. The “isolation became unbearable” for the embassy cat and Assange allowing the feline to run free will give it “a healthier life.”

It's unclear where the cat is now.
---------------------------------------------
Tanko
Tanko
  • Threads: 0
Thanked by
petroglyph
April 12th, 2019 at 6:04:24 AM permalink

It's unclear where the cat is now.

Don't worry. Scotland Yard will find him. They're posting lost kitty pictures on every lamppost in London.

With everything that is happening in the world, you’re worried about a freaking cat?

Neighbor had a nest of bluejays on his property. Another neighbor loved feeding stray cats. All of the hatchlings fledged at the same time, and the cats ate every of them the moment they hit the ground. Feathers and bird parts all over bird man’s yard.

Bird man was furious. Cat man said ‘nature’. Days later, 26 cats were dead.
beachbumbabs
beachbumbabs
April 12th, 2019 at 6:38:38 AM permalink
Saw something last night that Assange said the cat was set free back in November, he wasn't happy being cooped up indoors.
SOOPOO
SOOPOO
  • Threads: 122
Thanked by
Boz
April 12th, 2019 at 6:48:13 AM permalink

Lew Alcindor..... Or if you want Ferdinand Lewis Alcindor, Jr.
TigerWu
TigerWu
  • Threads: 26
April 12th, 2019 at 8:26:54 AM permalink
Quote: petroglyph

Tulsi Gabbard

@TulsiGabbard
The arrest of #JulianAssange is meant to send a message to all Americans and journalists: be quiet, behave, toe the line. Or you will pay the price.

So, don't break any laws? Sure, I have no problem with that...

I got $10 that says that if Assange is convicted of a crime in the U.S. court system, he will be pardoned by Trump (or whoever is President) by inauguration day, 2021.

Any takers?
bobbartop
bobbartop
April 12th, 2019 at 8:57:24 AM permalink
Quote: Tanko

With everything that is happening in the world, you’re worried about a freaking cat?

Yes, it's a big deal to me. Do you want me to apologize to you for that?
TigerWu
TigerWu
  • Threads: 26
Thanked by
Minty
April 12th, 2019 at 9:22:38 AM permalink

Yes, it's a big deal to me. Do you want me to apologize to you for that?

I hear ya, dude... I care more about animals than I do some people...
FleaStiff
FleaStiff
  • Threads: 265
April 12th, 2019 at 9:37:45 AM permalink
Quote: TigerWu

I hear ya, dude... I care more about animals than I do some people...

Good. I've developed the same viewpoint.

Assange has been the victim of a politically motivated witch hunt. it was Putin's minions who manipulated WikiLeaks thru a massive dump of documents.
Face
Administrator
Face
  • Threads: 49
Thanked by
bobbartop
April 12th, 2019 at 9:58:16 AM permalink
Quote: Tanko

Bird man was furious. Cat man said ‘nature’. Days later, 26 cats were dead.

Carefullyhesahero.jpg

I'm confused, as world politics often makes me. If I'm reading this right, several countries over several years have spent several million dollars haranguing this guy for "stealing", "hacking", and "violation of privacy", for either entering a .gov database or acquiring material from a .gov employee, yes?

What's been done about the tens of thousands of murders he's uncovered?
The opinions of this moderator are for entertainment purposes only.
bobbartop
bobbartop
Thanked by
RogerKint
April 12th, 2019 at 10:58:22 AM permalink
Quote: Face

Carefullyhesahero.jpg

I'm confused, as world politics often makes me. If I'm reading this right, several countries over several years have spent several million dollars haranguing this guy for "stealing", "hacking", and "violation of privacy", for either entering a .gov database or acquiring material from a .gov employee, yes?

What's been done about the tens of thousands of murders he's uncovered?

Our guys, shooting civilians. It's all on tape. I thought we were supposed to be the good guys.
  • Jump to: