Thread Rating:

EvenBob
EvenBob
  • Threads: 434
February 4th, 2019 at 11:37:02 AM permalink
Quote: jackmagic777

You know you will not get a dime in restitution. Guy whispered FU to UNcle Jim on way out ofcourt

That's the crux of it. If the cops had
been called immediately there was
a chance of getting some of what
was stolen back. That horse has
left the state by now, too late to
close the barn door.
"It's not enough to succeed, your friends must fail." Gore Vidal
darkoz
darkoz
  • Threads: 266
February 4th, 2019 at 11:59:23 AM permalink
Quote: Nathan

I wonder how long he could have kept his still being on the run a secret from her. He couldn't get married to her while he was still on the run..... Eventually she would have figured out he was hiding something shady when he kept making excuses for why they couldn't set a definite wedding date. One thing I found confusing is that she went out in public with him and no one recognized him and why would he go out in public in the first place? Someone who was on the run had a good hiding house but still foolishly stepped outside to go eat breakfast. A cop just on the beat happened to be outside just as he stepped outside, and BAM, arrested and imprisoned.

Unless there is an ongoing dragnet it doesnt work like that

The cops usually catch probation violaters when they do some other crime. Even something small like a traffic ticket
For Whom the bus tolls; The bus tolls for thee
Nathan
Nathan
  • Threads: 65
February 4th, 2019 at 2:01:23 PM permalink
Quote: darkoz

Unless there is an ongoing dragnet it doesnt work like that

The cops usually catch probation violaters when they do some other crime. Even something small like a traffic ticket

The guy who had foolishly stepped outside to go eat breakfast had done a MAJOR crime like rob a bank, so he wasn't violating any parole, he was trying to avoid being caught in the first place. Pretty stupid to go outside of your hiding house to go eat breakfast. He could have easily used a prepaid phone and ordered a pizza and paid without the delivery person knowing what he looked like.
In both The Hunger Games and in gambling, may the odds be ever in your favor. :D "Man Babes" #AxelFabulous "Olive oil is processed but it only has one ingredient, olive oil."-Even Bob, March 27/28th. :D The 2 year war is over! Woo-hoo! :D I sometimes speak in metaphors. ;) Remember this. ;) Crack the code. :D 8.9.13.25.14.1.13.5.9.19.14.1.20.8.1.14! :D "For about the 4096th time, let me offer a radical idea to those of you who don't like Nathan -- block her and don't visit Nathan's Corner. What is so complicated about it?" Wizard, August 21st. :D

• Jump to: