Thread Rating:

Vegasrider
Vegasrider
Joined: Dec 23, 2017
  • Threads: 30
  • Posts: 288
January 10th, 2019 at 9:40:12 AM permalink
7 star member charged $160 at Caesars during CES. Heard it on VSIN. He eventually got reimbursed but it was not easy. The conversation was recorded with the parking attendant and patron, lol.
gamerfreak
gamerfreak
Joined: Dec 28, 2014
  • Threads: 43
  • Posts: 2827
January 10th, 2019 at 10:50:26 AM permalink
Link to conversation?
GWAE
GWAE
Joined: Sep 20, 2013
  • Threads: 89
  • Posts: 8714
January 10th, 2019 at 12:31:25 PM permalink
Link to story?
Expect the worst and you will never be disappointed. I AM NOT PART OF GWAE RADIO SHOW
Vegasrider
Vegasrider
Joined: Dec 23, 2017
  • Threads: 30
  • Posts: 288
January 10th, 2019 at 1:37:28 PM permalink
I don't have a link, it was on VSIN this morning involving a guy who regularly host the show. I think his name is Bill Crakenburger or something like that. I think Mitch and Pauly replayed it during their Follow the Money segment so if you have a way to replay today's segment you can listen to it..
TomG
TomG
Joined: Sep 26, 2010
  • Threads: 10
  • Posts: 1684
January 10th, 2019 at 4:34:38 PM permalink
Was the attempted extortion on the way in or the way out?

If it's on the way in, have to either turn around and walk / uber it or just accept that you have to jump through the hoops.

But since he was being charged for a 90 minutes, it means this could only happen as he's leaving (otherwise they wouldn't know the length of his visit) just say "I don't have $160." Then show them their online parking rate quotes, that say no charge for that level. What can they do?
Vegasrider
Vegasrider
Joined: Dec 23, 2017
  • Threads: 30
  • Posts: 288
January 10th, 2019 at 4:53:07 PM permalink
Quote: TomG

Was the attempted extortion on the way in or the way out?

If it's on the way in, have to either turn around and walk / uber it or just accept that you have to jump through the hoops.

But since he was being charged for a 90 minutes, it means this could only happen as he's leaving (otherwise they wouldn't know the length of his visit) just say "I don't have $160." Then show them their online parking rate quotes, that say no charge for that level. What can they do?



Not sure, I haven't lived in Vegas since 2012, this parking fee at that casinos is new to me so I dont know the rules about how they validate. I currently live in Reno and everything is free.
gamerfreak
gamerfreak
Joined: Dec 28, 2014
  • Threads: 43
  • Posts: 2827
January 10th, 2019 at 4:54:10 PM permalink
Quote: TomG

Was the attempted extortion on the way in or the way out?

If it's on the way in, have to either turn around and walk / uber it or just accept that you have to jump through the hoops.

But since he was being charged for a 90 minutes, it means this could only happen as he's leaving (otherwise they wouldn't know the length of his visit) just say "I don't have $160." Then show them their online parking rate quotes, that say no charge for that level. What can they do?


I agree this sounds strange.

The only situation I can think of where this is plausible is if someone parked in a 7 stars area using a card that did not belong to them.

Even if that were true, 90 minutes for $160 still amounts to extortion.

Iíve never had an issue with parking at CET properties using a diamond card. There was 1 or 2 occasions where they asked for my ID along with the card at the gate.
Vegasrider
Vegasrider
Joined: Dec 23, 2017
  • Threads: 30
  • Posts: 288
January 10th, 2019 at 6:14:42 PM permalink
Have you ever been to Vegas during CES? I doubt it because it's hard to get a room, almost every hotel is sold out and all the restaurants are packed. Largest convention in Vegas.
gamerfreak
gamerfreak
Joined: Dec 28, 2014
  • Threads: 43
  • Posts: 2827
January 10th, 2019 at 6:32:29 PM permalink
Quote: Vegasrider

Have you ever been to Vegas during CES? I doubt it because it's hard to get a room, almost every hotel is sold out and all the restaurants are packed. Largest convention in Vegas.


So they jack up every parking garage price so high that 90 mins costs $160?

I still do not understand
Vegasrider
Vegasrider
Joined: Dec 23, 2017
  • Threads: 30
  • Posts: 288
January 10th, 2019 at 6:56:24 PM permalink
I found the video, but I dont know how to post it it's on the VSIN live Twitter.

  • Jump to: