bobbartop
bobbartop
  • Threads: 124
April 20th, 2019 at 9:30:28 AM permalink
THC stays in your fatty cells/brain for MONTHS. Alcohol is out of your system in a day. I don't see the point in either.

Regarding my friend, to be fair, he is not just a casual user. He has smoked and smoked and smoked for years. I've watched him change. It's not old age, it's not dementia, it's weed. I don't have a signed note from a doctor saying that weed has caused his mental decline, but it's obvious. His short-term memory is poor, his concentration is poor, he's a weed-head.

I'm not suggesting to put people in jail for casual use, all I'm saying is that it is not as "harmless" as it's being made out to be by some. In fact, I don't think all the facts are even in yet. Why play with your brain? It's not a toy.
'Emergencies' have always been the pretext on which the safeguards of individual liberty have been eroded.
bobbartop
bobbartop
April 20th, 2019 at 9:37:15 AM permalink
Quote: ams288

I ended up going to Acres dispensary. Had a buddy recommend that one to me and I was gambling at SLS at the time so I decided to just hop on over there afterwards.

I bought two kinds of edibles and a disposable vape pen.

So then it appears that more people on this forum use weed than do not. That "fact" surprises me. A group of people who seem to value being able to think clearly, I would blind-guess that most do not use weed. I guess I lost THAT bet.
'Emergencies' have always been the pretext on which the safeguards of individual liberty have been eroded.
mcallister3200
mcallister3200
  • Threads: 15
April 20th, 2019 at 9:41:30 AM permalink
Quote: bobbartop

So then it appears that more people on this forum use weed than do not. That "fact" surprises me. A group of people who seem to value being able to think clearly, I would blind-guess that most do not use weed. I guess I lost THAT bet.

AMS said earlier that he had not used in something like seven years, and he lives in a state itís legal. You are making a mountain out of a molehill, and talking out of your butt with little knowledge of the subject at the same time. Overuse of almost anything can be debilitating, heavy coffee drinkers are angry junkies, heavy use of alcohol and nicotine flat out kills people.
bobbartop
bobbartop
April 20th, 2019 at 9:58:05 AM permalink
Quote: mcallister3200

You are making a mountain out of a molehill, and talking out of your butt with little knowledge of the subject at the same time.

What did I say to deserve such a rude response from you? I thought I was having a civil conversation. It's true that I am not an expert on the effects of THC but it is definitely true that it stays in your fatty cells/brain for MONTHS. That was essentially my only substantive statement, and I am sure it is a fact. If you did not know that, perhaps you could learn something. Either way, there was no excuse for your rudeness. And I did not attempt to argue in favor of heavy coffee use or alcohol use so your implication is weak and illogical.
mcallister3200
mcallister3200
  • Threads: 15
April 20th, 2019 at 10:07:58 AM permalink

What did I say to deserve such a rude response from you? I thought I was having a civil conversation. It's true that I am not an expert on the effects of THC but it is definitely true that it stays in your fatty cells/brain for MONTHS. That was essentially my only substantive statement, and I am sure it is a fact. If you did not know that, perhaps you could learn something. Either way, there was no excuse for your rudeness. And I did not attempt to argue in favor of heavy coffee use or alcohol use so your implication is weak and illogical.

Well I apologize for my tone then. You are right you didnít deserve a rude response. I took your statement the wrong way I suppose, or perhaps took it personally for little reason. I brought up the heavy use of other drugs as a response or comparison to the example of your friend being a heavy user, that things that can be rather benign or provide some benefit used appropriately
can be harmful.
Wizard
Administrator
Wizard
  • Threads: 1336
April 20th, 2019 at 1:01:50 PM permalink
In almost all things, I believe in moderation. It's easy to make a case against any drug on paper, but some people need something to take the edge off of the hard days.
It's not whether you win or lose; it's whether or not you had a good bet.
billryan
billryan
  • Threads: 172
April 20th, 2019 at 1:03:51 PM permalink
Quote: Wizard

In almost all things, I believe in moderation. It's easy to make a case against any drug on paper, but some people need something to take the edge off of the hard days.

"She goes running to the shelter of her mother's little helper"
bobbartop
bobbartop
April 20th, 2019 at 1:14:06 PM permalink

It's just a guess, but I'm going to guess that James Grosjean does not smoke pot. I could be wrong, I don't know the guy. It's just a guess. lol
Wizard
Administrator
Wizard
  • Threads: 1336
April 20th, 2019 at 2:51:51 PM permalink

It's just a guess, but I'm going to guess that James Grosjean does not smoke pot. I could be wrong, I don't know the guy. It's just a guess. lol

He also might be happier if he did.
It's not whether you win or lose; it's whether or not you had a good bet.
AcesAndEights
AcesAndEights
  • Threads: 67
May 1st, 2019 at 5:37:44 AM permalink

Hear hear!

A big caveat is that smoking weed, even occasionally, before your brain is developed (i.e. as a teenager) has serious, proven bad effects for the rest of your life. This is a big risk and a reason that I recently decided not to smoke in front of my kids, even though I agree with the Wiz, support legalization, and believe that weed is less harmful on balance than alcohol and cigarettes. Having a few drinks as a teenager is not great either (impaired judgement, drunk driving, sexual assault, etc.), but if done in a safe environment it's not going to mess up your brain development as badly as weed.

As an adult, it can surely dull you if you are a daily smoker. My FIL is a daily smoker, has been for his entire adult life. He's in his 60s now and my wife and her mom think they are starting to see its effect on him in terms of memory. However, he had a very long and productive career as an electrical engineer and later project manager in the defense industry, made big bucks and retired (with way too much money IMO) in his early mid 50s. I didn't know him back then, so maybe he wasn't a daily smoker, but regular. And even with his current potential memory problems, it's very mild. It could just as easily be old age kicking in.

Personally, I get high about once a week. It is a good way to relax. I have some drinks more often than that.
"So drink gamble eat f***, because one day you will be dust." -ontariodealer

• Jump to: