Thread Rating:

Lovecomps
Lovecomps
  • Threads: 79
October 2nd, 2018 at 6:07:11 PM permalink
I'd appreciate an explanation if anyone has one, just to satisfy my own curiosity. I had an executive host (now gone) and now have a Director of Player development. After scouring the Internet to find the difference (and failing) I had a friend contact them and ask them what the difference between the two of them is. The former is, obviously, a host. The Player Development guy is a more experienced host who is there to bring in new business.

Not that I care, but why would a loyal player get assigned to someone who's primary duty is to get in new players? Like I said, I'm just curious. Hopefully he has a little more discretion with comps.

Any thoughts?
The best things in life are not free.
FleaStiff
FleaStiff
  • Threads: 265
October 2nd, 2018 at 6:16:34 PM permalink
Oh, they are just fancy titles. Host, Executive Host, Player Development.

There are no more corporations that have personnel departments they all have Human Resources department.

All hosts have engaged in "investing" in players rather than just keeping them happy at the comp levels they merited if they felt the player really had potential to improve his Theo.

Its no big deal.
FCBLComish
FCBLComish
  • Threads: 3
October 6th, 2018 at 7:45:00 PM permalink
The Director of Player Development is the department head, and is basically the host's boss. Sometimes they have their own bunch of players sometimes not.
Beware, I work for the dark side.... We have cookies
gordonm888
Administrator
gordonm888
  • Threads: 60
October 6th, 2018 at 8:14:12 PM permalink
What is the difference between Garbage Collector and Sanitation Engineer?
So many better men, a few of them friends, are dead. And a thousand thousand slimy things live on, and so do I.
unJon
unJon 
  • Threads: 14
October 7th, 2018 at 6:06:24 AM permalink
Quote: gordonm888

What is the difference between Garbage Collector and Sanitation Engineer?

$30k a year.
The race is not always to the swift, nor the battle to the strong; but that is the way to bet.
  • Jump to: