Thread Rating:

onenickelmiracle
onenickelmiracle
  • Threads: 212
September 19th, 2018 at 9:21:21 PM permalink
They have been suing the pants off this guy who wants to share blueprints to print up your own gun at home, and he gets brought down by a girl he had sex with for money that turned out to be a minor. It seems suspicious he would be so stupid, doubt he really wanted a minor, because 16 is about the same as 18 IMO. She turned him in, why? Because he raped her, or because they wanted to bring him down or because she wanted money over and above the $600. This isn't making any sense to me, but at least you know sugarbabies.com works, just make sure they're 20 to be safe and check IDs. :) Guess I heard it wrong on the radio, sugarbabies.com is a tootsie roll website.

article

It was on two news stories, online and radio, that said sugarbabies.com, fake news, hate that.
Last edited by: onenickelmiracle on Sep 19, 2018
I am a robot.
Mooseton
Mooseton
  • Threads: 14
September 19th, 2018 at 11:38:20 PM permalink
Did the 16yo mislead about her age? Joining an 18+ hookup website and using it underage is certainly misleading. The article refers to the 16yo as the victim but I have to disagree with that.
$1700, 18, 19, 1920, 40, 60,... :/ Thx 'Do it again'. I'll try
rxwine
rxwine
  • Threads: 211
September 20th, 2018 at 12:08:39 AM permalink
Quote: Mooseton

Did the 16yo mislead about her age? Joining an 18+ hookup website and using it underage is certainly misleading. The article refers to the 16yo as the victim but I have to disagree with that.

if an 18yo lies and says she is 16, and you have sex with her, you can go to jail if she is working with cops. cause of known intent,

but as this girl is underage there must be some failure on his part to confirm her age
There's no secret. Just know what you're talking about before you open your mouth.
RS
RS
  • Threads: 62
September 20th, 2018 at 12:35:40 AM permalink
Was it 16 yos or 18 yos? I doubt either have happened.
onenickelmiracle
onenickelmiracle
September 20th, 2018 at 12:35:55 AM permalink
This is Illuminati type sinister set-up stuff I'm wondering. Just sounds too easy, the guy is too smart, she probably had a fake ID.
I am a robot.
Nathan
Nathan
  • Threads: 66
September 20th, 2018 at 2:32:26 AM permalink
Quote: Mooseton

in some places 16 is the starting age of consent. That actually makes sense since 16 year olds can drive, take care of younger kids by themselves, ie baby sitting, and get jobs to support themselves.
In both The Hunger Games and in gambling, may the odds be ever in your favor. :D "Man Babes" #AxelFabulous "Olive oil is processed but it only has one ingredient, olive oil."-Even Bob, March 27/28th. :D The 2 year war is over! Woo-hoo! :D I sometimes speak in metaphors. ;) Remember this. ;) Crack the code. :D 8.9.13.25.14.1.13.5.9.19.14.1.20.8.1.14! :D "For about the 4096th time, let me offer a radical idea to those of you who don't like Nathan -- block her and don't visit Nathan's Corner. What is so complicated about it?" Wizard, August 21st. :D
FinsRule
FinsRule
  • Threads: 128
September 20th, 2018 at 4:06:04 AM permalink
Quote: onenickelmiracle

This is Illuminati type sinister set-up stuff I'm wondering. Just sounds too easy, the guy is too smart, she probably had a fake ID.

Why is this guy too smart? Either way he was committing a crime.
AZDuffman
AZDuffman
  • Threads: 240
Thanked by
MoosetonRS
September 20th, 2018 at 6:25:52 AM permalink

Probably time to change the consent laws that if she faked her age to be 18 or/and was in a place that restricted to 18 the man cannot be charged.
All animals are equal, but some are more equal than others
RonC
RonC
  • Threads: 40
September 20th, 2018 at 6:40:20 AM permalink
Women need to be protected from harassment and assumption that calls their reputation into question before anything is litigated.
Men need to be safe from false accusations and assumption of guilt before any proof is present or a case is litigated.
ams288
ams288
  • Threads: 22
September 20th, 2018 at 7:02:15 AM permalink
I’m curious if it had happened in a state where the age of consent is lower (i.e. it’s 16 in Michigan), would they have still gone after him?
Ding Dong the Witch is Dead
FleaStiff
FleaStiff
  • Threads: 265
September 20th, 2018 at 10:54:59 AM permalink
Penalties are often one year or six months... often suspended. It depends on how close the age difference is and often what the woman reveals to the prosecutor about her prior experiences.
KevinAA
KevinAA
  • Threads: 18
Thanked by
AZDuffmanRSgordonm888
September 20th, 2018 at 12:53:48 PM permalink
This stuff makes me sick. How is it in any way fair that a 16 year old whore gets to lie about her age and the victim (the man who was LIED TO) is punished?
rxwine
rxwine
September 20th, 2018 at 1:06:09 PM permalink
I wouldn't think you would automatically get convicted, if a reasonable person might assume the person was older, Some people can pass for older than they are and vice versa,
There's no secret. Just know what you're talking about before you open your mouth.
onenickelmiracle
onenickelmiracle
September 20th, 2018 at 1:14:29 PM permalink
Quote: KevinAA

This stuff makes me sick. How is it in any way fair that a 16 year old whore gets to lie about her age and the victim (the man who was LIED TO) is punished?

It is my assumption he didn't know she was 16, just because I can't believe someone would choose some girl who is 16, because 18-20 is about the same physically. It's possible he saw her body, found out she was 16, and couldn't resist it, don't know. Apparently there was some mutual sexting beforehand, her counselor went to the police. The counselor is probably legally liable to do so.

I'm wondering about the sexting, maybe government surveillance was key bringing this guy down. I can see it possible theoretically, but not betting on it. There used to be some kind of theories about how this secret surveillance was hidden, the police would just substitute another anonymous source as the leak.

My sympathies depend on whether the girl is a little drugged up sociopath or being pimped by someone.
Last edited by: onenickelmiracle on Sep 20, 2018
I am a robot.
Nathan
Nathan
September 20th, 2018 at 3:07:13 PM permalink
This is just my educated theory but it is possible that the fbi sent this presumably adult looking 16 your old to seduce him so they could nail him on statutory rape. They could have put a hidden camera to capture him having sex with a minor knowing he'd get in big legal and financial trouble.
In both The Hunger Games and in gambling, may the odds be ever in your favor. :D "Man Babes" #AxelFabulous "Olive oil is processed but it only has one ingredient, olive oil."-Even Bob, March 27/28th. :D The 2 year war is over! Woo-hoo! :D I sometimes speak in metaphors. ;) Remember this. ;) Crack the code. :D 8.9.13.25.14.1.13.5.9.19.14.1.20.8.1.14! :D "For about the 4096th time, let me offer a radical idea to those of you who don't like Nathan -- block her and don't visit Nathan's Corner. What is so complicated about it?" Wizard, August 21st. :D
FinsRule
FinsRule
September 20th, 2018 at 3:31:19 PM permalink
I’m surprised so many people are defending a statutory rapist.

It’s really easy to avoid these crimes. Actually know the person you’re sleeping with.
Nathan
Nathan
September 20th, 2018 at 3:58:52 PM permalink
Quote: FinsRule

It’s really easy to avoid these crimes. Actually know the person you’re sleeping with.

Good point, but so many people think they have a mutual love with that complete stranger on the other side of the computer! Some even cross state lines to meet up with them in private! To avoid hijacking, i will put a quick snippet. A 16 year old in new york had a 17 year old online boyfriend who lived in florida. She went down there and he was actually a 47 year old man who raped and kidnapped her and her mom luckily flew down there, got her out of there and pressed charges on the creep! Suffice this to say many people don't know what they are getting into when online dating meets the real world.
AZDuffman
AZDuffman
Thanked by
RS
September 20th, 2018 at 5:55:06 PM permalink

Well, the statute was not meant to be about protecting 16 year olds who willingly pretend to be 18.
FinsRule
FinsRule
September 20th, 2018 at 6:17:19 PM permalink
Quote: AZDuffman

Well, the statute was not meant to be about protecting 16 year olds who willingly pretend to be 18.

I’m not so sure about that.
Nathan
Nathan
September 20th, 2018 at 6:24:35 PM permalink

It could have been set up by the fbi much like police sending 16 year olds to buy tobacco and alcohol to test if the cashier follows id rules and regulations and if the cashier foolishly sells the underage customer the adult item, the customer reports them to the police. Note that the minor turned him in after the sex. This screams set up to me.
FinsRule
FinsRule
September 20th, 2018 at 6:38:37 PM permalink
Quote: Nathan

It could have been set up by the fbi much like police sending 16 year olds to buy tobacco and alcohol to test if the cashier follows id rules and regulations and if the cashier foolishly sells the underage customer the adult item, the customer reports them to the police. Note that the minor turned him in after the sex. This screams set up to me.

There is a 0 percent chance of that.
Rigondeaux
Rigondeaux
  • Threads: 30
September 20th, 2018 at 7:09:59 PM permalink
If I buy a kilo of white powder from Columbia and it comes in a package that says baking soda, and I keep referring it to baking soda, should I get off the hook?

Not saying a guy who is genuinely misled should be convicted. But there are a lot of obvious problems if you go the other way too.
unJon
unJon
September 20th, 2018 at 7:59:03 PM permalink
A substantial minority of states (believe its around 20) have strict liability for statutory rape. In other words, in those states, being tricked into believing the person is older than the age of consent is no defense.
The race is not always to the swift, nor the battle to the strong; but that is the way to bet.
beachbumbabs
beachbumbabs
  • Threads: 100
Thanked by
Rigondeaux
September 20th, 2018 at 8:35:47 PM permalink

Of course it is. The whole idea is to protect children from making bad decisions because they're too young to appreciate the consequences of their actions.
If the House lost every hand, they wouldn't deal the game.
beachbumbabs
beachbumbabs
  • Threads: 100
September 20th, 2018 at 9:06:13 PM permalink

This is just my educated theory but it is possible that the fbi sent this presumably adult looking 16 your old to seduce him so they could nail him on statutory rape. They could have put a hidden camera to capture him having sex with a minor knowing he'd get in big legal and financial trouble.

This is not educated theory. This is ignorant crap. I'm a retired fed and find you quite insulting. The federal government does not pimp for children. Stop spamming this thread with garbage.

This screams spamming to me. Last warning.
If the House lost every hand, they wouldn't deal the game.
onenickelmiracle
onenickelmiracle
September 20th, 2018 at 9:28:59 PM permalink
Quote: beachbumbabs

This is not educated theory. This is ignorant crap. I'm a retired fed and find you quite insulting. The federal government does not pimp for children. Stop spamming this thread with garbage.

This screams spamming to me. Last warning.

I don't think it was that bad, our government has been accused of assassinating other leaders around the world, it's not that far fetched. Remember Wikileaks Julian Assange being accused of rape, that was alleged a frame job and I think the charges went nowhere but a little reading up seems he will always be targeted by the US. It's the same level.
I am a robot.
rxwine
rxwine
September 20th, 2018 at 9:49:43 PM permalink
I still think, 'what would a reasonable person believe' would or should apply at least as a partial defense if facing a judge or jury.
But IF you're picking up women who could appear in hot teen magazine, no one is probably going to believe your defense, of 'she lied to me as anywhere near convincing. Nor should they feel sorry for your sorry poor decision making skills.
RS
RS
  • Threads: 62
September 21st, 2018 at 12:05:54 AM permalink
Quote: Rigondeaux

If I buy a kilo of white powder from Columbia and it comes in a package that says baking soda, and I keep referring it to baking soda, should I get off the hook?

Not saying a guy who is genuinely misled should be convicted. But there are a lot of obvious problems if you go the other way too.

It’s more like if you go to Vons to buy some baking soda for your fridge. You can’t find it so you ask an employee. He helps you find it and rings you up at the register. A little while later that employee goes to the cops and says, “yeah I sold that guy cocaine, even though he thinks it’s baking soda. It’s in a box marked baking soda from Arm & Hammer. Don’t charge me with a crime though, I’m just a dumb whore. Sure I sold him cocaine when I shouldn’t have, but he bought cocaine without opening the box and doing some scientific chemical testing to verify it is what he thought it was. And for that he should go to prison for 20 years! Please protect me from this mean guy who bought cocaine from me!!!”
AZDuffman
AZDuffman
September 21st, 2018 at 2:58:58 AM permalink

There is a 0 percent chance of that.

Why? Have you not seen how dirty the FBI was in the last election?

I would not at all put it past them. Their reputation is kind of shot ant they have much to do to earn their respect back. Look for more bad to come out before it gets better.
Last edited by: AZDuffman on Sep 21, 2018
AZDuffman
AZDuffman
September 21st, 2018 at 3:07:29 AM permalink
Quote: beachbumbabs

Of course it is. The whole idea is to protect children from making bad decisions because they're too young to appreciate the consequences of their actions.

No. It is about protecting them from a male in power over them. HS teacher uses pressure to get a student to have sex with him. "Him" because women are allowed to do this as teacher it seems. Anyhow, she wants or needs a better grade, so he suggests they work something out. That is murky to be called forcible rape. So you have the statutory rape law.

OTOH, it the 16 yo is willingly out looking for some action, and pretends to be 18. Sorry, I am not finding against the man if I am on the jury. Even if she "cannot appreciate" it, there is no reason a man should have to ask her to show ID if she was in a place known to be restricted to over 18.
FinsRule
FinsRule
Thanked by
beachbumbabs
September 21st, 2018 at 3:44:00 AM permalink

Why? Have you not seen how dirty the FBI was in the last election?

I would not at all put it past them. Their reputation is kind of shot ant they have much to do to earn their respect back. Look for more bad to come out before it gets better.

So you think there is a chance that the FBI is hiring 16 year old girls to have sex with men for money. And these 16 year olds are reliable enough that it will never be found out.

It must be tough living life like that. If everything is a possible conspiracy, how can you trust anyone? I feel bad for you.
Nathan
Nathan
September 21st, 2018 at 3:46:13 AM permalink

No. It is about protecting them from a male in power over them. HS teacher uses pressure to get a student to have sex with him. "Him" because women are allowed to do this as teacher it seems. Anyhow, she wants or needs a better grade, so he suggests they work something out. That is murky to be called forcible rape. So you have the statutory rape law.

OTOH, it the 16 yo is willingly out looking for some action, and pretends to be 18. Sorry, I am not finding against the man if I am on the jury. Even if she "cannot appreciate" it, there is no reason a man should have to ask her to show ID if she was in a place known to be restricted to over 18.

That's a really good point.
AZDuffman
AZDuffman
September 21st, 2018 at 5:05:16 AM permalink

So you think there is a chance that the FBI is hiring 16 year old girls to have sex with men for money. And these 16 year olds are reliable enough that it will never be found out.

It must be tough living life like that. If everything is a possible conspiracy, how can you trust anyone?

It is called "taking the Red Pill." Same Justice Department that let a guy off with what, 5 years for 20 murders? Same FBI that let a gangster move in and take the liquor store of hardworking people so they could get they guy they wanted? Same group that used a fake dossier to wiretap a POTUS candidate with a secret warrant from a secret court?

Now they cannot get the guy on what they want? Sorry, but there is stink on them.

Quote:

I feel bad for you.

Don't waste your time "feeling bad" for someone on a forum. I don't.
FinsRule
FinsRule
September 21st, 2018 at 8:21:45 AM permalink
I felt bad for about the 5 seconds I was thinking about it. But you make a good point. Forums are pretty much a waste of time, aren’t they?
Rigondeaux
Rigondeaux
  • Threads: 30
September 21st, 2018 at 8:32:19 AM permalink
Quote: RS

It’s more like if you go to Vons to buy some baking soda for your fridge. You can’t find it so you ask an employee. He helps you find it and rings you up at the register. A little while later that employee goes to the cops and says, “yeah I sold that guy cocaine, even though he thinks it’s baking soda. It’s in a box marked baking soda from Arm & Hammer. Don’t charge me with a crime though, I’m just a dumb whore. Sure I sold him cocaine when I shouldn’t have, but he bought cocaine without opening the box and doing some scientific chemical testing to verify it is what he thought it was. And for that he should go to prison for 20 years! Please protect me from this mean guy who bought cocaine from me!!!”

If he was actually misled, sure. I don't know or care about this case so I won't spend 9 hours trying to discern that.

But if you push the laws in the other direction you open the door to the scenario I described, perhaps including cases of prostitution.

In either case, it is tough to know or prove what somebody believed. They might not even know.
billryan
billryan
September 21st, 2018 at 10:31:55 AM permalink
Perhaps you should make it a point to know something about the person you are going to sleep with.
Just spit balling here.
The difference between fiction and reality is that fiction is supposed to make sense.
FinsRule
FinsRule
September 21st, 2018 at 10:33:51 AM permalink
Quote: billryan

Perhaps you should make it a point to know something about the person you are going to sleep with.
Just spit balling here.

I’ve already said that. That thought was ignored.
onenickelmiracle
onenickelmiracle
September 21st, 2018 at 10:45:53 AM permalink
If a woman doesn't want you to know her, you won't know her. There tends to be a lot of lying coming from hot women. Many men have been burned, not to say the same thing doesn't happen the other way to women.
I am a robot.
KevinAA
KevinAA
  • Threads: 18
September 21st, 2018 at 11:08:43 AM permalink

Just spit balling here.

That is not how the business of being a whore works. Whores are not going to let you know anything about them. Girlfriends, maybe. Whores, no way!
gordonm888
Administrator
gordonm888
  • Threads: 60
September 21st, 2018 at 11:31:31 AM permalink
Law enforcement stings in the US are stopped before actual sex occurs. Otherwise, in this case, the law enforcement agency is guilty of letting a 16 year old girl be statutorially raped. Intelligence agencies might conceivably do that in a foreign country, but the FBI would never do such a stupid thing here in the US.

But I also agree - if I am on a jury and ruling on this case, I am voting that the guy is innocent of rape. Its called common sense.
So many better men, a few of them friends, are dead. And a thousand thousand slimy things live on, and so do I.
billryan
billryan
September 21st, 2018 at 11:48:34 AM permalink
How do you vote him innocent of statutory rape?
The difference between fiction and reality is that fiction is supposed to make sense.
AZDuffman
AZDuffman
Thanked by
RogerKintRSDDB
September 21st, 2018 at 12:37:45 PM permalink

Step 1: Get on the jury
Step 2: Find him not guilty
unJon
unJon
September 21st, 2018 at 1:26:54 PM permalink
Nevermind
The race is not always to the swift, nor the battle to the strong; but that is the way to bet.
gordonm888
Administrator
gordonm888
  • Threads: 60
September 21st, 2018 at 3:25:46 PM permalink

When the jury retires into their deliberations, then they become "the law." There is a reason that the justice system is not a "check the box" process in which the court can just shrug their shoulders and say that you are guilty. Rather, a jury of your peers must agree that you are guilty.
So many better men, a few of them friends, are dead. And a thousand thousand slimy things live on, and so do I.
ams288
ams288
  • Threads: 22
September 21st, 2018 at 3:49:06 PM permalink
The guy has been arrested in Taiwan.
Ding Dong the Witch is Dead
onenickelmiracle
onenickelmiracle
September 21st, 2018 at 4:49:23 PM permalink
It's called jury nullification, rarely ever happens any more. If you feel it's not a crime, they won't let you on the jury or will tell you you cannot consider something. I'm pretty vague, I'm not an expert
I am a robot.
rxwine
rxwine
Thanked by
ams288
September 21st, 2018 at 5:35:11 PM permalink
btw, if you elect to be a high profile activist on any controversial position you should be smart enough to realize you're now a target for some people. Maybe it is not fair, but that's the reality, and you should conduct your affairs with that in mind,
AZDuffman
AZDuffman
September 21st, 2018 at 6:55:30 PM permalink

It's called jury nullification, rarely ever happens any more. If you feel it's not a crime, they won't let you on the jury or will tell you you cannot consider something. I'm pretty vague, I'm not an expert

Happened on the jury I sat on.
  • Jump to: