17 votes (44.73%)
21 votes (55.26%)

38 members have voted

AZDuffman
AZDuffman
  • Threads: 240
August 24th, 2018 at 5:14:49 AM permalink
Quote: beachbumbabs

That wasn't the question. That's your question, but you weren't the OP.

If you want to defend the point that "it is racist" it is a question that must be answered. Otherwise you are just saying "because" as your answer.
All animals are equal, but some are more equal than others
Joeman
Joeman
  • Threads: 36
August 24th, 2018 at 5:54:58 AM permalink
As to the OP, I have never dated outside my race, although back in the day, I would have dated a Cuban girl or two if they had said "Yes" when I asked! I have seen beautiful women of all races, but not found all of them sexually attractive. I think it's like Hannibal Lecter says: "we covet what we see every day." Does that make me a racist?

BTW, intellectually, I am attracted to people of different races because I am generally curious about other cultures. I'm kinda jealous of PG and his globetrotting experiences!

Quote: Mission146

Anti: A person opposed to a particular policy, activity, or idea.

I can be against something someone does without disliking that person personally. There are some people who would dip french fries in Ranch Dressing rather than Horseradish Sauce. I am anti their choice of condiment, but I'll still have dinner with them...unless they dip their fries in ketchup and are over the age of ten. Ketchup users have to eat at a separate table from me, so that would make me anti-ketchup user as opposed to just anti-ketchup.

Dayumn, I guess we won't be sharing a burger, then! ;) Although, horseradish sauce sounds intriguing. We're talking steakhouse-style sauce, not Arby's Horsey Sauce, right? I could be down with that.
"Dealer has 'rock'... Pay 'paper!'"
Mission146
Mission146
  • Threads: 142
August 24th, 2018 at 6:22:58 AM permalink
Quote: Joeman

Dayumn, I guess we won't be sharing a burger, then! ;) Although, horseradish sauce sounds intriguing. We're talking steakhouse-style sauce, not Arby's Horsey Sauce, right? I could be down with that.

Any port in a storm, but the thick stuff is definitely preferred.
https://wizardofvegas.com/forum/off-topic/gripes/11182-pet-peeves/120/#post815219
troopscott
troopscott
  • Threads: 20
Thanked by
AZDuffman
August 24th, 2018 at 6:26:57 AM permalink
Quote: SOOPOO

There has been so much back and forth here on whether the POTUS is a racist or not. Whether he ever in his life used the N word.

My question for the forum..... You are a 19 year old guy/gal and looking for a date. You choose not to look at anyone who is from a different race than your own. Are you thus a racist?

( I had a date with an African American girl at 19 so I know I'm not talking about myself!)

According tot he logic you would be homophobic for not dating a gay guy, transphobic for not dating a tranny etc etc etc. It is not racist to not be attracted to a person from a particular race
troopscott
troopscott
August 24th, 2018 at 6:35:42 AM permalink
Quote: billryan

You are the one who brought it up. You stated your dislike of homosexuals is based on your religious beliefs.
Seems strange you want everyone to know that 1) you dont like gay people and 2) it's not personal, it's religious but don't wish to debate it.
I think inquiring about who else you don't like based on your religion is fair.

I guess I could say I am anti LGQBT or whatever the current one is.
RS
RS
  • Threads: 62
Thanked by
troopscott
August 24th, 2018 at 6:46:04 AM permalink
Quote: troopscott

I guess I could say I am anti LGQBT or whatever the current one is.

It's LGGBDTTTIQQAAPP.
ams288
ams288
  • Threads: 22
August 24th, 2018 at 7:04:30 AM permalink
Quote: RS

Wtf I’m pretty sure some dude was trying to look at me through the cracks in the bathroom stall. If you into weird s***, thats all you, but I ain’t down with being peeped on while I’m trynna do my daily reading.

Was the dude a Republican senator?
Ding Dong the Witch is Dead
troopscott
troopscott
August 24th, 2018 at 7:20:33 AM permalink
Quote: ams288

Was the dude a Republican senator?

Hillary clinton
Romes
Romes
  • Threads: 29
August 24th, 2018 at 7:58:42 AM permalink
Quote: AZDuffman

I have to wonder something different. The gay Florida nightclub and San Bernardino were two mass shootings by Muslims. So were there 200 mass shootings by white makes that just didn’t make the news?

The florida nightclub was done by Omar Marteen, AN AMERICAN CITIZEN FROM NEW YORK.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Omar_Mateen
Playing it correctly means you've already won.
AZDuffman
AZDuffman
August 24th, 2018 at 8:04:44 AM permalink
Quote: Romes

The florida nightclub was done by Omar Marteen, AN AMERICAN CITIZEN FROM NEW YORK.

And a muslim.

I will wait for the 99 done by white males to balance out the total as claimed in the earlier post.
RS
RS
August 24th, 2018 at 8:06:43 AM permalink

Quote:

In a call to 9-1-1 during the shooting, Mateen identified himself as "Mujahideen", "Islamic Soldier", and "Soldier of God";[2][3] and pledged his allegiance multiple times to Abu Bakr al-Baghdadi, the leader of the militant jihadist group Islamic State of Iraq and the Levant.[4]

Quote:

His family was described as being moderate Muslims and "all-American."[19]

Quote:

After the shooting, Mateen was eventually buried in the Muslim Cemetery of South Florida, in Hialeah Gardens.[139]

Quote:

At approximately 2:00 a.m. on June 12, 2016, Mateen entered the Pulse nightclub in Orlando, Florida, and began shooting. At 2:22 a.m., he made a 9-1-1 call in which he pledged allegiance to ISIL; referenced Tamerlan and Dzhokhar Tsarnaev, the Boston Marathon bombers;[112] and mentioned Moner Mohammad Abu Salha, an acquaintance of his who died in a suicide bombing in Syria for the Al-Nusra Front in 2014.[128] According to FBI officials, Mateen made two other 9-1-1 calls during the shooting.[129] He also called News 13 of Orlando and identified himself as the nightclub shooter; The Washington Post reported that "he had carried out the Pulse attack for the Islamic State."[130][131]

He still Muslim tho
Mission146
Mission146
August 24th, 2018 at 8:07:29 AM permalink
Here we go:

Middle School Music Teacher, Youth Minister and Boy Scout Leader doing the dirty with a student:

http://www.theintelligencer.net/news/top-headlines/2018/08/brooke-county-middle-school-teacher-faces-sex-abuse-charge/

Shame that he is Mormon, I'd have much preferred Baptist.

I bet you he thinks homosexuality is a mortal sin, it's come out of his mouth at least once, I can almost guarantee it. He might be finding out a little more about homosexuality than he bargained for.

I also love the picture, I mean LOOK AT HIM, how does a principal hire this guy? He looks like a creep.
https://wizardofvegas.com/forum/off-topic/gripes/11182-pet-peeves/120/#post815219
Mission146
Mission146
August 24th, 2018 at 8:14:44 AM permalink
Here's a cop giving his ex-girlfriend nasal and orbital fractures:

http://www.theintelligencer.net/news/top-headlines/2018/08/wheeling-police-officer-is-accused-of-domestic-violence/

What church do you think he goes to? I can probably find out.
mcallister3200
mcallister3200
  • Threads: 17
Thanked by
RogerKintMission146
August 24th, 2018 at 8:25:36 AM permalink

Here we go:

Middle School Music Teacher, Youth Minister and Boy Scout Leader doing the dirty with a student:

http://www.theintelligencer.net/news/top-headlines/2018/08/brooke-county-middle-school-teacher-faces-sex-abuse-charge/

Shame that he is Mormon, I'd have much preferred Baptist.

I bet you he thinks homosexuality is a mortal sin, it's come out of his mouth at least once, I can almost guarantee it. He might be finding out a little more about homosexuality than he bargained for.

I also love the picture, I mean LOOK AT HIM, how does a principal hire this guy? He looks like a creep.

That dude looks like Dewey Cox. What’s your deal Mission, what’s with the vitriol to, basically, anything religious that’s not Mormon, maybe go get your backpack bicycle and tie if you feel that way.
billryan
billryan
August 24th, 2018 at 8:28:21 AM permalink

As to the OP, I have never dated outside my race, although back in the day, I would have dated a Cuban girl or two if they had said "Yes" when I asked! I have seen beautiful women of all races, but not found all of them sexually attractive. I think it's like Hannibal Lecter says: "we covet what we see every day." Does that make me a racist?

BTW, intellectually, I am attracted to people of different races because I am generally curious about other cultures. I'm kinda jealous of PG and his globetrotting experiences!

Horsey Sauce is the shizzle.
The difference between fiction and reality is that fiction is supposed to make sense.
RogerKint
RogerKint
  • Threads: 15
Thanked by
Mission146Mooseton
August 24th, 2018 at 8:39:54 AM permalink
Quote: mcallister3200

That dude looks like Dewey Cox. What’s your deal Mission, what’s with the vitriol to, basically, anything religious that’s not Mormon, maybe go get your backpack bicycle and tie if you feel that way.

F that. Mission should be at the border of every country that contains a large percentage of "white evangelicals" warning the endless hordes of brown non evangelicals waiting to get in. ;)
100% risk of ruin
Mission146
Mission146
August 24th, 2018 at 8:41:19 AM permalink

I like Jewish people, too.

Other than that, lying, hypocritical, sanctimonious, pharisaical, pecksniffian and self-righteous SOB's, almost Universally. I want to say that maybe two out of five Religious people are exceptions. They're always doing something that they would frown upon if someone else was doing it. More than that, they protect their own fervently while being completely unwilling to give those who do not adhere to their views the benefit of the doubt, for the most part.

Do you know the best example of a good Christian? I'll tell you. He's the one who doesn't get caught.

When it comes to basic, "Christian," principles as relates the treatment (and judgment) of others, the average Atheist/Agnostic I know is WAY more Christian than most Christians...it's not even a worthy comparison.

Additionally, educational attainment. Most of them are just so, so stupid. There's really just no other way to put it, they're stupid.
Joeman
Joeman
  • Threads: 36
August 24th, 2018 at 8:45:54 AM permalink

Horsey Sauce is the shizzle.

It's not bad on a sandwich, but too mayonnaise-y for fries. Swap sour cream for half (or more) of the mayo, and now you're talking!
"Dealer has 'rock'... Pay 'paper!'"
Mission146
Mission146
August 24th, 2018 at 8:47:34 AM permalink

It's not bad on a sandwich, but too mayonnaise-y for fries. Swap sour cream for half (or more) of the mayo, and now you're talking!

When I make Horsey Sauce at home, I make it with sour cream and just a little bit of romano.
billryan
billryan
Thanked by
Mission146
August 24th, 2018 at 8:53:12 AM permalink
Want to know an example of a good Christian?
How about someone who reads the ignorant, hate filled post and instead of responding with equal vindictiveness, simply turns the other cheek and asks God to forgive the ignorance.
The difference between fiction and reality is that fiction is supposed to make sense.
mcallister3200
mcallister3200
August 24th, 2018 at 8:58:32 AM permalink

Other than that, lying, hypocritical, sanctimonious, pharisaical, pecksniffian and self-righteous SOB's, almost Universally. I want to say that maybe two out of five Religious people are exceptions.

So 60% of them suck? I’d say that’s proportionate to people in general.
Mission146
Mission146
August 24th, 2018 at 9:00:25 AM permalink

How about someone who reads the ignorant, hate filled post and instead of responding with equal vindictiveness, simply turns the other cheek and asks God to forgive the ignorance.

"Angels we have heard on high,
Sweetly singing o'er the plains;
And the mountains in reply,
Echoing their joyous strains!"

Seriously, though, there are exceptions. I think my overall opinion of Christians is higher than AZDuffman's stated opinions of Muslims, or black people, in general. Or women.
Last edited by: Mission146 on Aug 24, 2018
billryan
billryan
Thanked by
Mission146
August 24th, 2018 at 9:00:57 AM permalink
When driving long distance ( Henderson to Red Rock or Aliente), I keep a few packet of horsey sauce handy.
I occasionally put sour cream on fries but never thought of mixing in some horse radish.
As a kid, I accidentally dipped a potato(e) chip in horse radish thinking it was onion dip.
I was traumatized for years. It took the El Cortez prime rib special to get me to try it again.
Mission146
Mission146
August 24th, 2018 at 9:02:11 AM permalink

So 60% of them suck? I’d say that’s proportionate to people in general.

Yeah, but most people don't suck by way of being judgmental sanctimonious hypocrites.

I actually think the word, "Sanctimonious," was invented specifically to have a specific enough term to describe Christians.
Mission146
Mission146
August 24th, 2018 at 9:16:44 AM permalink
Also, any majority black church gets a pass. That's just a good time. Every single service I've ever been to of that nature is really more of a celebration, as it should be.
Mission146
Mission146
August 24th, 2018 at 9:58:22 AM permalink

Also, a good Christian doesn’t necessarily have to declare himself to be so, I wouldn’t think.

James 4:6 God opposes the proud, but shows favor to the humble.

Proverbs 11:2 When pride comes, so comes disgrace, but when humility comes, so comes wisdom.

Luke 14:11 For those who exalt themselves shalt be humbled and those who humble themselves shalt be exalted.

Proverbs 27:2 Let another praise you, not your own mouth. And a stranger, not your own lips.

Mission 1:46- For a good Christian shall come to be known as such, both by the Lord and by his fellow man, for his actions, not his words.
billryan
billryan
August 24th, 2018 at 11:13:35 AM permalink
God judges people. All we can do is help in arranging the meeting.
beachbumbabs
beachbumbabs
  • Threads: 100
August 24th, 2018 at 11:24:40 AM permalink

God judges people. All we can do is help in arranging the meeting.

This gave me a bit of a laugh. What is this entire thread besides passing judgement on people unlike you?

Not a bad axiom. Just glaringly out of context.
If the House lost every hand, they wouldn't deal the game.
billryan
billryan
August 24th, 2018 at 12:01:46 PM permalink
Quote: beachbumbabs

This gave me a bit of a laugh. What is this entire thread besides passing judgement on people unlike you?

Not a bad axiom. Just glaringly out of context.

The actual quote is
"God judges people, I just arrange the meetings"but I suspect some moderator would perceive that as a veiled threat.

I was lucky to grow up a military dependent, with friends of every ethnicity, many multicultural.
When I was about seven, my best friends father was getting ready to retire. He was a black man from one of the Carolinas who married a German girl and had several children. I remember him saying he wished he could take his kids to see his hometown but it was impossible.
I'd seen news accounts of police beating blacks and even white people but my Dad assured me they were communist agitators. I think this was the first time I realized my friend was seen as different to me. My Mom told me people in the south were afraid of my friends. It took me years to learn how threatening a mixed race child could be to their world view.
Romes
Romes
August 24th, 2018 at 12:54:17 PM permalink

And a muslim.

I will wait for the 99 done by white males to balance out the total as claimed in the earlier post.

Let's just stroll down the list of mass shooters (let alone bombs, and other illegal crimes) in the past 20 years... Travis, Timothy, Kevin, Devin, Jimmy, Randy, Stephen, John, Thomas, Cedric, Jason... Just a few from the like "top 20" and not even the list. Sure sound "ethnic" to me.

https://www.motherjones.com/politics/2012/12/mass-shootings-mother-jones-full-data/
AZDuffman
AZDuffman
Thanked by
RogerKintRS
August 24th, 2018 at 1:15:35 PM permalink

Let's just stroll down the list of mass shooters (let alone bombs, and other illegal crimes) in the past 20 years... Travis, Timothy, Kevin, Devin, Jimmy, Randy, Stephen, John, Thomas, Cedric, Jason... Just a few from the like "top 20" and not even the list. Sure sound "ethnic" to me.

https://www.motherjones.com/politics/2012/12/mass-shootings-mother-jones-full-data/

A quick scan shows:

1. It looks selective as I do not see anything related to gang violence.
2. It sure does not look like 99% white names as was claimed.

If you want to hate white people, fine. But such claims don't help your case.
troopscott
troopscott
Thanked by
RogerKint
August 24th, 2018 at 1:24:51 PM permalink

Interestingly they leave out all the Chicago shootings because they cant catch anyone. However if you did the math I believe the percentages would be pretty close to actual race percentages.

In addition in the 80's and early 90's Hispanics and other races like Greek were considered white at most police departments.
AZDuffman
AZDuffman
August 24th, 2018 at 2:04:57 PM permalink

Interestingly they leave out all the Chicago shootings because they cant catch anyone. However if you did the math I believe the percentages would be pretty close to actual race percentages.

In addition in the 80's and early 90's Hispanics and other races like Greek were considered white at most police departments.

If you took individual shootings then blacks would likely be over represented. That came up as BLM got avtive.
Romes
Romes
August 24th, 2018 at 2:14:13 PM permalink

A quick scan shows:

1. It looks selective as I do not see anything related to gang violence.
2. It sure does not look like 99% white names as was claimed.

If you want to hate white people, fine. But such claims don't help your case.

"It looks to be selective" is your big response? The article and data is quotes as being "mass shootings" so unless gang violence had a "mass shooting" then no, that would not be in here (as I stated in my original post it didn't have that other data such as bombings/etc, which only helps because most bombings again were whites).

I see absolutely no retort in your response. I'll take that at face value for what it means.
billryan
billryan
August 24th, 2018 at 2:22:53 PM permalink

What race do you think Greeks are? Hispanic is an ethnicity, not a race. Just like Americans, Hispanics run the spectrum from jet black to Lilly white.
AZDuffman
AZDuffman
Thanked by
RogerKint
August 24th, 2018 at 2:23:23 PM permalink

"It looks to be selective" is your big response? The article and data is quotes as being "mass shootings" so unless gang violence had a "mass shooting" then no, that would not be in here (as I stated in my original post it didn't have that other data such as bombings/etc, which only helps because most bombings again were whites).

I see absolutely no retort in your response. I'll take that at face value for what it means.

Your defining of mass shootings is selective as well.

You are aware that whites are most of the population so “most” is to be expected, no?

Still waiting on proof of “99%” tho.
rawtuff
rawtuff
  • Threads: 2
Thanked by
AZDuffmanRS
August 25th, 2018 at 2:48:09 PM permalink
Quote: SOOPOO

There has been so much back and forth here on whether the POTUS is a racist or not. Whether he ever in his life used the N word.

My question for the forum..... You are a 19 year old guy/gal and looking for a date. You choose not to look at anyone who is from a different race than your own. Are you thus a racist?

( I had a date with an African American girl at 19 so I know I'm not talking about myself!)

Here is one non American view if you care.

I don't fkn care what racist means to be fair. I don't like certain phenotype to be my date? Well fk off it's what i prefer it's non of your business and that's that.
I for myself will rarely look at anyone who is from a different race (with one exception), it's a personal preference, I'm just not/rarely attracted to people of different looks. U want to call me racist for that? Well be my guest, moron. It only shows how shallow YOUR thought process is. Not mine. But you need to process some info to actually get this.
Tits are good, but the most important thing is the soul.
boymimbo
boymimbo
Thanked by
RogerKintRS
August 25th, 2018 at 4:22:57 PM permalink

Other than that, lying, hypocritical, sanctimonious, pharisaical, pecksniffian and self-righteous SOB's, almost Universally. I want to say that maybe two out of five Religious people are exceptions. They're always doing something that they would frown upon if someone else was doing it. More than that, they protect their own fervently while being completely unwilling to give those who do not adhere to their views the benefit of the doubt, for the most part.

Do you know the best example of a good Christian? I'll tell you. He's the one who doesn't get caught.

When it comes to basic, "Christian," principles as relates the treatment (and judgment) of others, the average Atheist/Agnostic I know is WAY more Christian than most Christians...it's not even a worthy comparison.

Additionally, educational attainment. Most of them are just so, so stupid. There's really just no other way to put it, they're stupid.

That's quite a bunch of vitreol you have there. I hate to say this but if you substituted "gay", "black", or Chinese for Christian youd be banned. And given that freedom of religion is still protected i would support one.

There are idiots in any religious flock. Christians are rightfully held to a higher standard than atheists and agnostics as we are supposed to have a moral code that follows the teaching of Jesus. Plenty of atheists and agnostics are sexual predators, murderers and don't practice their own morals and ethics.

But I'll give you one. The evangelicals were stupid for supporting Trump.
----- You want the truth! You can't handle the truth!
billryan
billryan
Thanked by
Mission146RogerKintbeachbumbabstringlomaneSOOPOO
August 25th, 2018 at 6:09:41 PM permalink
To me, it's pretty simple.
Not dating outside of your race doesn't make you a racist.
Disowning your child for dating one does.
Mission146
Mission146
August 25th, 2018 at 6:16:11 PM permalink
Quote: boymimbo

That's quite a bunch of vitreol you have there. I hate to say this but if you substituted "gay", "black", or Chinese for Christian youd be banned. And given that freedom of religion is still protected i would support one.

There are idiots in any religious flock. Christians are rightfully held to a higher standard than atheists and agnostics as we are supposed to have a moral code that follows the teaching of Jesus. Plenty of atheists and agnostics are sexual predators, murderers and don't practice their own morals and ethics.

But I'll give you one. The evangelicals were stupid for supporting Trump.

How do my comments in any way infringe upon religious freedom? I’m not even saying that you’re going to start having terrorist acts if you get enough of them together. Are those kinds of statements AZ makes about Muslims okay because there aren’t many (if any) known Muslims on here? I did say not all of them.

I’ll say this: Unless otherwise directly stated, none of my comments as relate Christians relate back to any Christian on this board. I’m more than happy to take for granted that any negative statement about Christians that is not specifically disclaimed (I.e. most of) does not apply to anyone on this board.

Anyway, I just think it’s funny that we get these kind of statements about other religions and political sub-groups, but as soon as lesser statements are made about Christians, that’s supposed to be a no-no in the eyes of some people.

AZ says you score points with the feminists by being a woman and having an abortion, like it’s a requirement to get your card, where’s the call for a ban there?

Muslims this. Feminists that. Liberals this.

But then, “Christians that,” is somehow a problem.

Also, my statements about average educational attainment, especially when you get into individual denominations, are absolutely factually supported. I’m not just going off of personal experience.
AxelWolf
AxelWolf
  • Threads: 164
August 25th, 2018 at 6:50:20 PM permalink
Quote: rawtuff

U want to call me racist for that? Well be my guest, moron. .

Soopoo is a moron?
♪♪Now you swear and kick and beg us That you're not a gamblin' man Then you find you're back in Vegas With a handle in your hand♪♪ Your black cards can make you money So you hide them when you're able In the land of casinos and money You must put them on the table♪♪ You go back Jack do it again roulette wheels turinin' 'round and 'round♪♪ You go back Jack do it again♪♪
VCUSkyhawk
VCUSkyhawk
  • Threads: 21
August 25th, 2018 at 6:59:56 PM permalink
Quote: AxelWolf

Soopoo is a moron?

This brings up a question to how the rules of this forum are interrupted. I have wondered if you call people who believe a certain thing an insulting term, is that a rule violation. Obviously, calling a member a moron is an insult. However if you say "People who believe X are morons" after seeing numerous members state "I believe X" is that a rule violation.

BTW, I am definitely not calling for SOOPOO or any other member to "Spend a night in the box", just curious.
I got a plan, we take all your picks we reverse them like one of those twilight zone episodes where everything is the opposite. You say "black" we go white.
AZDuffman
AZDuffman
Thanked by
RogerKint
August 25th, 2018 at 7:05:15 PM permalink

How do my comments in any way infringe upon religious freedom? I’m not even saying that you’re going to start having terrorist acts if you get enough of them together. Are those kinds of statements AZ makes about Muslims okay because there aren’t many (if any) known Muslims on here? I did say not all of them.

Read carefully, my position is that ISLAM is a problem. I rarely mention individual muslims. Though the defenders always bring up the "good muslim" they know to say how the larger issue of islam in general is not a problem.

Quote:

AZ says you score points with the feminists by being a woman and having an abortion, like it’s a requirement to get your card, where’s the call for a ban there?

It is. And I have backed up my point many times there. Why should there be a ban?

Quote:

But then, “Christians that,” is somehow a problem.

Actually, it seems Christian-bashing is the most allowed bashing of any group, here and elsewhere. Boymimbo makes an important point there. For whatever reason, Christians are fair game.
AxelWolf
AxelWolf
  • Threads: 164
August 25th, 2018 at 7:05:27 PM permalink
Quote: VCUSkyhawk

This brings up a question to how the rules of this forum are interrupted. I have wondered if you call people who believe a certain thing an insulting term, is that a rule violation. Obviously, calling a member a moron is an insult. However if you say "People who believe X are morons" after seeing numerous members state "I believe X" is that a rule violation.

BTW, I am definitely not calling for SOOPOO or any other member to "Spend a night in the box", just curious.

You can't call SEEPOOPOO a moron(even if he is).
♪♪Now you swear and kick and beg us That you're not a gamblin' man Then you find you're back in Vegas With a handle in your hand♪♪ Your black cards can make you money So you hide them when you're able In the land of casinos and money You must put them on the table♪♪ You go back Jack do it again roulette wheels turinin' 'round and 'round♪♪ You go back Jack do it again♪♪
Mission146
Mission146
August 25th, 2018 at 7:33:12 PM permalink

Read carefully, my position is that ISLAM is a problem. I rarely mention individual muslims. Though the defenders always bring up the "good muslim" they know to say how the larger issue of islam in general is not a problem.

People do what people do. A Religion is just a concept and a concept can’t act on its own accord, so, “Islam,” can’t do anything. “Christianity,” can’t do anything. People do things, concepts lack the capacity to act.

Actually, there’s really nothing wrong with Christianity as a concept. The tenets are actually ideally pretty awesome.

Quote:

It is. And I have backed up my point many times there. Why should there be a ban?

I never said it should. I’m just saying how is that okay with some people but statements about Christians aren’t? You’re talking about individual people (feminists) there, aren’t you?

Quote:

Actually, it seems Christian-bashing is the most allowed bashing of any group, here and elsewhere. Boymimbo makes an important point there. For whatever reason, Christians are fair game.

Everyone should be fair game or nobody should be fair game, that’s my point. Free speech or no free speech. Pick one. If generalizations can be made about other political or religious groups, then Christians should be no exception.
boymimbo
boymimbo
Thanked by
RogerKint
August 25th, 2018 at 8:14:04 PM permalink

Everyone should be fair game or nobody should be fair game, that’s my point. Free speech or no free speech. Pick one. If generalizations can be made about other political or religious groups, then Christians should be no exception.

Frankly I found your sweeping genralizations of Christians as "stupid" and "the one who doesn't get caught" quite offensive. I also find some people's sweeping generalizations of Muslims offensive as well.

As a Christian I struggle with the faith and concepts of the religion all of the time. However I can assure you that the folks I hang around with at my church are not "stupid". Now if you ask some people to create a formative argument on why they believe what they believe, I would say that's it's far easier to take an atheist POV than a Christian (or any religious) one. There is no scientific basis to the existence of God. To believe in a deity frankly involves delusion, in believing (in my case) that prayers are sometimes heard and answered, that the Holy Spirit is looking after us, and that someone 2000 years died on a cross for our sins, was resurrected and ascended to heaven.

It is far more easier to take a position that there is no God and cite the observable universe around us as proof.

Delusional, yes. Stupid, no. I understand that, and that's why I don't evangelize or press anyone on their religious or spiritual beliefs. But try not to categorize a group of people as stupid. Feel free to call us out on some of our hypocrisy - we need that introspection.
----- You want the truth! You can't handle the truth!
beachbumbabs
beachbumbabs
  • Threads: 100
August 25th, 2018 at 10:00:24 PM permalink
Quote: rawtuff

Here is one non American view if you care.

I don't fkn care what racist means to be fair. I don't like certain phenotype to be my date? Well fk off it's what i prefer it's non of your business and that's that.
I for myself will rarely look at anyone who is from a different race (with one exception), it's a personal preference, I'm just not/rarely attracted to people of different looks. U want to call me racist for that? Well be my guest, moron. It only shows how shallow YOUR thought process is. Not mine. But you need to process some info to actually get this.

Speaking of shallow thought processes, what were you thinking when you called SOOPOO a moron?

3 days. Personal insult.
If the House lost every hand, they wouldn't deal the game.
RS
RS
Thanked by
MaxPenlildevilLucy
August 25th, 2018 at 10:14:14 PM permalink
I don't think rawtuff was calling SOOPOO a moron, but speaking in general terms. I read it as a generic you, not referring to him directly.

Looking at a list of names and determining their ethnicity/race...

tringlomane
tringlomane
  • Threads: 8
Thanked by
RS
August 25th, 2018 at 10:46:50 PM permalink
Quote: RS

I don't think rawtuff was calling SOOPOO a moron, but speaking in general terms. I read it as a generic you, not referring to him directly.

Looking at a list of names and determining their ethnicity/race...

I love that gif, even if it's terribly stereotypical.

And yeah. I think he was generally calling anyone who would think he's a racist just because he only is attracted to two races of women "a moron". But at least to me, he did come off irritated in his response, and I could see someone misinterpreting it with a quick read. Look how I misinterpreted AZDuffman this year and that was because I wasn't aware of a textbook example of a "loaded question".
onenickelmiracle
onenickelmiracle
  • Threads: 212
August 26th, 2018 at 12:13:57 AM permalink

To me, it's pretty simple.
Not dating outside of your race doesn't make you a racist.
Disowning your child for dating one does.

Whatchu mean "one" cracker? ;+)1
I am a robot.
  • Jump to: