lilredrooster
lilredrooster
  • Threads: 232
July 21st, 2018 at 2:42:48 AM permalink
I got this idea from another site. you can post here for others to share your favorite music from YouTube.
maybe the thread will catch on, maybe not. whatever.

Chet Baker was the greatest trumpet player who ever lived IMHO. not in technical skill but in tone and timing. his sound is strong and clear. no excess. no frills.
sadly, he loved the needle as much as his music. He died by falling out of a window in Copenhagen while stoned out of his mind.
when his trumpet comes in at 0:15 it gives me chills.

Please don't feed the trolls
RogerKint
RogerKint
  • Threads: 15
Thanked by
lildevilLucy
July 26th, 2018 at 12:04:41 PM permalink
100% risk of ruin
Steverinos
Steverinos
  • Threads: 5
July 26th, 2018 at 12:24:39 PM permalink
My early years, say 10-14, I listened to my brother's tapes. They were all heavy metal or rock. All the classic stuff you can think of, Quiet Riot, Whitesnake, Metallica, Motley Crew, etc. He moved out of the house when I was 15 and I went completely opposite (with no more of his tapes to borrow), listening to hip hop, rap, R&B. I have a 19 and 17 year old and they would try to introduce me to new rappers in this generation that I might like. I typically wouldn't like any of them, except Logic. This is a guy that is trying to spread a positive message with his music. He's genuine.

This video is powerful. The suicide rate has increased dramatically over the last 25 years. It's a mental and public health problem that doesn't seem to get enough attention.

lilredrooster
lilredrooster
  • Threads: 232
July 27th, 2018 at 2:37:24 AM permalink
"people try to put us down. 𝒋𝒖𝒔𝒕 𝒃𝒆𝒄𝒂𝒖𝒔𝒆 𝒘𝒆 ggg𝒈𝒆𝒕 𝒂𝒓𝒐𝒖𝒏𝒅". some great vid clips from back in the day on this one
"why don't you just ffffade away. and don't try to dig what we all say"
Last edited by: lilredrooster on Jul 27, 2018
Please don't feed the trolls
LoneStarLyla
LoneStarLyla
  • Threads: 2
July 29th, 2018 at 2:40:13 PM permalink
Going to see Elton John in Dec. Super excited! 1st time! He's like way older than my daddy. Lol. But I love his songs.

Has anyone seen him live?
  • Jump to: