terapined
terapined
  • Threads: 76
March 10th, 2018 at 5:08:18 AM permalink
Quote: Vegasrider

No guaranteed prize pool?

Honor system
"Everybody's bragging and drinking that wine, I can tell the Queen of Diamonds by the way she shines, Come to Daddy on an inside straight, I got no chance of losing this time" -Grateful Dead- "Loser"
Vegasrider
Vegasrider
  • Threads: 54
March 10th, 2018 at 5:33:54 AM permalink
Just joking. Guaranteed prize pool are so the norm when it comes to tournaments. It's only $20, I usually just put cash in the envelope and mail it I don't deal with 3rd party payments.
GWAE
GWAE
  • Threads: 93
March 11th, 2018 at 8:19:26 AM permalink
Looking at the team's that are in so far makes me realize how little I watched basketball this year. I may just flip a coin to pick each game.
Expect the worst and you will never be disappointed. I AM NOT PART OF GWAE RADIO SHOW
terapined
terapined
March 11th, 2018 at 9:51:45 AM permalink
Quote: GWAE

Looking at the team's that are in so far makes me realize how little I watched basketball this year. I may just flip a coin to pick each game.

I have not watched much either due to my team sucking. Maryland Terrapins
I was lucky enough to catch St Johns beating Duke.
I turned it on around the middle of the game and was amazed. St Johns had just lost 11 games in a row, and they were beating Duke
St Johns won, amazing game and they wont be in the tournament. That kind of year
"Everybody's bragging and drinking that wine, I can tell the Queen of Diamonds by the way she shines, Come to Daddy on an inside straight, I got no chance of losing this time" -Grateful Dead- "Loser"
billryan
billryan
  • Threads: 168
March 11th, 2018 at 11:08:40 AM permalink
Quote: terapined

I have not watched much either due to my team sucking. Maryland Terrapins
I was lucky enough to catch St Johns beating Duke.
I turned it on around the middle of the game and was amazed. St Johns had just lost 11 games in a row, and they were beating Duke
St Johns won, amazing game and they wont be in the tournament. That kind of year

A tournament that includes teams that lost 11 games in a row would be an absolute joke. I remember when teams with a single loss were left on the outside of the tournament.
terapined
terapined
March 11th, 2018 at 1:50:41 PM permalink
Quote: billryan

. I remember when teams with a single loss were left on the outside of the tournament.

I remember those days being a Maryland Terrapins fan
We were the number 4 team in the country and we did not get in
Yup, 4th ranked team in the entire country and we get relegated to the NIT
Had the win the ACC tournament to get an invite. No at large bids. Want to get into the dance, had to earn it.
ACC was very strong. Number 1 NC State with the amazing David Thompson beat MD in the ACC tournament in a 103 to 100 OT thriller.
They changed the rule the next year so you did not have to win the conference tournament to get in
Last edited by: terapined on Mar 11, 2018
billryan
billryan
  • Threads: 168
March 11th, 2018 at 2:20:51 PM permalink
USC was ranked #2 in the country but didn't get in as they had a one team per conference rule and UCLA was still UCLA.
Thompsons NC State 1973 team went undefeated but weren't invited to participate because of an ugly spat. The next year, they had an early season matchup with UCLA and the Bruins ran them off the court. The rematch in the NCAA didn't go as smooth as The Wolf Pack won in overtime( maybe double OT). and NC State went on to win it all.
58-1 over two seasons. I don't think team has come close since.
Vegasrider
Vegasrider
  • Threads: 54
March 11th, 2018 at 3:18:19 PM permalink
I'm glad Oklahoma is in, have them at 150:1 but sad to see Ok. St. out, had them at 750:1. I still have Clemson at 500:1 & Tenn at 300:1.
Keeneone
Keeneone 
  • Threads: 15
March 11th, 2018 at 7:53:19 PM permalink
2018 Bracket is up and ready for picking...

https://www.ncaa.com/interactive-bracket/basketball-men/d1
GWAE
GWAE
  • Threads: 93
March 12th, 2018 at 1:19:48 PM permalink
I have picked my gwae 2 bracket by coin flip with 1 exception. I have 1, 2 , 3 seeds all going to at least 2nd round. Everything else is done by coin flip. I will post the bracket this week.

Does anyone want to wager $10 side bet on whos is better.
Expect the worst and you will never be disappointed. I AM NOT PART OF GWAE RADIO SHOW

• Jump to: