Thanked by
aceofspadespetroglyphMooseton
June 5th, 2018 at 2:27:45 PM permalink
Quote: ams288

"Shithole countries" - referring to Haiti and African nations

Not racist, that is what they are.

Quote:

"Some very fine people on both sides" - referring to Nazis

How is that racist? The other group attacked the peaceful and permitted group.

Quote:

"These aren't people. These are animals." - referring to immigrants (and not just MS-13, as the righties try to claim)

No, it was just MS-13. A terror gang that liberals seem to want to defend for some reason.

Just because you do not like the statements does not make them racist.
All animals are equal, but some are more equal than others
aceofspades
aceofspades
  • Threads: 366
Thanked by
Mooseton
June 5th, 2018 at 2:31:24 PM permalink

"These aren't people. These are animals." - referring to immigrants (and not just MS-13, as the righties try to claim)

#WEAKSAUCE

LOLOLOL I correctly predicted (to myself) all three of these responses

Racist:

Shithole countries does not fit the definition of racist as he is defining everyone in the country - is every person in those countries black side note: (I love when I see media members calling blacks in other countries "African Americans" lol)

Very fine people on both sides - how is that racist? (once again, see above definition) - he was talking about Black Lives Matter/ANTIFA and white supremacists both being violent and saying that there were also fine people on both sides who kept their cool and did not escalate

Animals: come on now - one only needs a 6th graders listening comprehension skills to understand that, when replying to a question, the answer to that question is in the context of the question's parameters

Maybe watch/listen again and really try to take off your TDS listening device:
https://www.c-span.org/video/?c4729859/president-trumps-ms-13-animal-comment
1MatterToMotion
1MatterToMotion
  • Threads: 0
June 5th, 2018 at 3:31:14 PM permalink
Quote: SOOPOO

I'll bite. I'm a doctor. How am I "f'ing" the system? Is it by paying 100 times as much in Federal taxes as the average family will this year (see paradigm's previous post)?

They pick entirely the wrong people to become doctors. How about people who worry less about their taxes, stock portfolios, and the wording on their ice cream cakes, etc, in the emergency department? And nurses who don't wander off to lunch, or to talk with their coworkers about God knows what excites them, and let their patients go into distress in the ICU's. We have only one life to live, so the people who want to help others should be the ones trained, and allowed to go on to do the research, etc. Let the Trumps of the world piss away their lives in bullshit fashion on yachts in the middle of nowhere. And the people who want to actually help others in a timely and fair fashion get to it, instead of the bullshit doctors and medical system we have now. A bunch of doctors in it solely for the money, or that "other" life they are always talking about, and wishing they had. The ones who pester their sick patients with their research grants experiments, and consciously grant less care to them, if they refuse; who complain about paying off their mortgages on their real estate assets they claim not to have any time for, anyway, when you show up a few minutes late to an appointment, despite the hours of waiting on most other occasions by, and peripheral damage to, the patients that continues completely unnoticed; who do the expensive surgeries, and, suddenly, lose all interest in their patients, essentially left to rot. How be everyone let the doctors get paid by how well their patients do over the long run? A scary thought if you're a doctor? How about we take the quota off the number of doctors, and teach the right people to point out, and quickly dispense with the assholes in their ranks, themselves? People without such overtly political and monetary aspirations might actually have little to no trouble with either of those last two thoughts. People who don't network to hold serious healthcare grudges against the very few patients who do seek out improved medical attention.

All of this is a bit like the state of politics. How we have people voting for others is the strangest damn thing. Are we still in high school, where little Bobby and big Sue run the show because their brains are still not quite developed, except they appear to be in somebody's vacuous in-crowd? Train the politicians, certify them, and let them do their stuff. But no, big money has to protect itself. A few, relatively speaking, stupid assholes are allowed to waste our dollars to save their pennies. There isn't enough charity in the world - or money, for that matter - to make up for any or all the damage done in the moment by people who just have to have more, or a too-easier time of it, than the next guy. Such damage done can never truly be repaired or otherwise redressed. It's a zero-sum world, but, it seems, religion, politics and other philosophies spring eternal from the overly educated who haven't done a real day's work (for little pay other than the satisfaction) in their lives.

Trump is just the modern poor man's lure or eye-candy. He knows how to look after his money, but that's just about it. Conservative, liberal, or other, who cares. They don't. It's just a dance to them. With just another turd in a pair of pants. If the guy is really so good, or bad, why do people spend all day with the urgent need to talk about him, and politics in general. My guess is that Trump leaves everyone as empty as all the politicians before him. And that the only real political party will be the "last party".

Sorry, EB. Too many big paragraphs there for you. Just skip over it.
Never make a bet that you wouldn't take, yourself.
ams288
ams288
  • Threads: 22
June 5th, 2018 at 3:33:39 PM permalink
Quote: aceofspades

#WEAKSAUCE

LOLOLOL I correctly predicted (to myself) all three of these responses

And I correctly predicted (to myself) you would respond like this.

Amazing, ain't it?
Ding Dong the Witch is Dead
ams288
ams288
Thanked by
rxwinebeachbumbabs
June 5th, 2018 at 3:35:13 PM permalink
Quote: AZDuffman

Just because you do not like the statements does not make them racist.

Please forgive me if I take the man with the Confederate Flag avatar's views of what is and isn't racist with an enormous grain of salt.
1MatterToMotion
1MatterToMotion
Thanked by
aceofspades
June 5th, 2018 at 3:35:56 PM permalink

Amazing, ain't it?

You guys should play games more suited to your intelligence.
Never make a bet that you wouldn't take, yourself.
aceofspades
aceofspades
June 5th, 2018 at 4:14:08 PM permalink

Amazing, ain't it?

#Twinsies
EvenBob
EvenBob
  • Threads: 441
June 5th, 2018 at 4:29:37 PM permalink
Quote: 1MatterToMotion

Here's some advice. Think about a post
before you make it so it doesn't turn
into a rambling encyclopedia entry that
most people won't read.
"It's not called gambling if the math is on your side."
beachbumbabs
beachbumbabs
  • Threads: 100
Thanked by
TomG
June 5th, 2018 at 4:44:20 PM permalink

They pick entirely the wrong people to become doctors. How about people who worry less about their taxes, stock portfolios, and the wording on their ice cream cakes, etc, in the emergency department? And nurses who don't wander off to lunch, or to talk with their coworkers about God knows what excites them, and let their patients go into distress in the ICU's. We have only one life to live, so the people who want to help others should be the ones trained, and allowed to go on to do the research, etc. Let the Trumps of the world piss away their lives in bullshit fashion on yachts in the middle of nowhere. And the people who want to actually help others in a timely and fair fashion get to it, instead of the bullshit doctors and medical system we have now. A bunch of doctors in it solely for the money, or that "other" life they are always talking about, and wishing they had. The ones who pester their sick patients with their research grants experiments, and consciously grant less care to them, if they refuse; who complain about paying off their mortgages on their real estate assets they claim not to have any time for, anyway, when you show up a few minutes late to an appointment, despite the hours of waiting on most other occasions by, and peripheral damage to, the patients that continues completely unnoticed; who do the expensive surgeries, and, suddenly, lose all interest in their patients, essentially left to rot. How be everyone let the doctors get paid by how well their patients do over the long run? A scary thought if you're a doctor? How about we take the quota off the number of doctors, and teach the right people to point out, and quickly dispense with the assholes in their ranks, themselves? People without such overtly political and monetary aspirations might actually have little to no trouble with either of those last two thoughts. People who don't network to hold serious healthcare grudges against the very few patients who do seek out improved medical attention.

All of this is a bit like the state of politics. How we have people voting for others is the strangest damn thing. Are we still in high school, where little Bobby and big Sue run the show because their brains are still not quite developed, except they appear to be in somebody's vacuous in-crowd? Train the politicians, certify them, and let them do their stuff. But no, big money has to protect itself. A few, relatively speaking, stupid assholes are allowed to waste our dollars to save their pennies. There isn't enough charity in the world - or money, for that matter - to make up for any or all the damage done in the moment by people who just have to have more, or a too-easier time of it, than the next guy. Such damage done can never truly be repaired or otherwise redressed. It's a zero-sum world, but, it seems, religion, politics and other philosophies spring eternal from the overly educated who haven't done a real day's work (for little pay other than the satisfaction) in their lives.

Trump is just the modern poor man's lure or eye-candy. He knows how to look after his money, but that's just about it. Conservative, liberal, or other, who cares. They don't. It's just a dance to them. With just another turd in a pair of pants. If the guy is really so good, or bad, why do people spend all day with the urgent need to talk about him, and politics in general. My guess is that Trump leaves everyone as empty as all the politicians before him. And that the only real political party will be the "last party".

Good rant. Too much swearing for this PG board. Take that down a notch, please, or mask the curse words. And the condescension is a bit close to an insult. Warning.
If the House lost every hand, they wouldn't deal the game.
EvenBob
EvenBob
June 5th, 2018 at 4:58:27 PM permalink
Quote: beachbumbabs

Good rant. Too much swearing for this PG board. Take that down a notch, please, or mask the curse words. And the condescension is a bit close to an insult. Warning.

I tried telling him, I just want to help
the posting challenged..
rxwine
rxwine
  • Threads: 212
June 5th, 2018 at 6:54:45 PM permalink
I'll pretend for a second Trump is not a racist. How would I rate him on race relations on a scale of 1-10 with 10 being the best. Probably a solid 3. 1s would be the people convicted of hate crimes and 2s would be people not in jail for hate crimes but might be one day. Maybe on some days he would be a 4, but only if he had kept his mouth shut for a week.

Okay, just kidding, I give him a solid 4.5
There's no secret. Just know what you're talking about before you open your mouth.
petroglyph
petroglyph
  • Threads: 19
Thanked by
SOOPOO
June 5th, 2018 at 7:15:34 PM permalink

Funny seeing this today? Yesterday I got the chance to tell my pcp what I have wanted to tell her for two years, and that is, that her and others like her are medical hero's.

The country makes idols out of cops and firemen, for doing a hopped up job that they enjoy for getting to do manly stuff, and wreck things. After nine one one, did anyone give credit to all the medical professionals that cared for all the survivors?

In the tape "dead doctors don't lie" one thing said was the average life span for a doctor was 58 years. Think about their life for a while and what they are exposed to. I want my doctors driving the finest of automobiles. Several of them have went way out of there way for me. Staying late, calling me at home, showing respect and consideration. The least I could do was acknowledge her effort.

If you ever need an anesthesiologist, hope for the highest paid one you can find. Good looks don't hurt either, nice to have a friendly face as possibly the last thing you ever see.
EvenBob
EvenBob
June 5th, 2018 at 7:33:14 PM permalink
Quote: rxwine

Okay, just kidding, I give him a solid 4.5

What would be Obama's number? He accused
a cop wrongfully of racially profiling his black
professor friend just because the cop was
white. That's as cut and dried racist as you
can get on Obama's part.

The odd part is Obama was mystified as to
why people were upset at him. He was such
a hardline racist that he just assumed all
white cops harass all black people because
of skin color. He was totally humiliated that
he was forced to kiss the cops ass at a
beer summit in the Rose Garden.

You must have a really low number for
Obama on your scale.
rxwine
rxwine
Thanked by
SOOPOO
June 5th, 2018 at 8:01:45 PM permalink
Quote: EvenBob

What would be Obama's number? He accused
a cop wrongfully of racially profiling his black
professor friend just because the cop was
white. That's as cut and dried racist as you
can get on Obama's part.

The odd part is Obama was mystified as to
why people were upset at him. He was such
a hardline racist that he just assumed all
white cops harass all black people because
of skin color. He was totally humiliated that
he was forced to kiss the cops ass at a
beer summit in the Rose Garden.

You must have a really low number for
Obama on your scale.

Trump's problem is not only does he make divisive commentary, he almost never acknowledges it much less apologize or try to make amends. More like Obama's low score would be Trump's high score.
There's no secret. Just know what you're talking about before you open your mouth.
EvenBob
EvenBob
June 5th, 2018 at 8:12:33 PM permalink

Trump's problem

No, Trump has no problem. Obama's very
real problem is he was and is a dyed in the
wool garden variety racist who got a pass
because he's half black. You don't sit in
a racial bigots church for 20 years without
90% of that ideology rubbing off on you.

Look how fast Obama distanced himself
from Wright in 2008, something Wright
never forgave him for. Like somebody said
last week, Obama's entire legacy is, he
was the first black president. And he wasn't
even really black, his mother was 100%
white.
rxwine
rxwine
Thanked by
gamerfreak
June 5th, 2018 at 8:15:32 PM permalink
Quote: EvenBob

No, Trump has no problem.

Lol.
RS
RS
  • Threads: 62
Thanked by
SOOPOO
June 5th, 2018 at 8:19:36 PM permalink

Those are sh**hole countries.
We’re never going to agree on what he was talking about with the Nazis. But it’s interesting the media never gets on his case for calling some of the counter-protestors very fine people, either.
MS-13, the people he was referring to, are in fact animals.

The only times you can claim he’s made a racist claim is when you twist his words to fit your agenda. Lol. 🤦‍♂️
rxwine
rxwine
June 5th, 2018 at 8:32:21 PM permalink
Quote: RS

We’re never going to agree on what he was talking about with the Nazis. But it’s interesting the media never gets on his case for calling some of the counter-protestors very fine people, either.

As far as I'm concerned if you're protesting Nazis and didn't participate in the violence you are very fine people. Had to be some.

A peaceful Nazi is better than a violent one, but fine? Not in my world.
rxwine
rxwine
June 5th, 2018 at 8:39:56 PM permalink
Trump called Kim Jong "very honorable". I can't give Trump credit, because there were probably all kinds of better word or phrase choices without spitting on the memory of people Kim murdered by calling Kim honorable.
Last edited by: rxwine on Jun 5, 2018
billryan
billryan
  • Threads: 240
June 5th, 2018 at 10:00:38 PM permalink
Trump sullies the Oval Office by inviting terrorists in for photo ops and then suggests
Americans who exercise free speech perhaps shouldn't be allowed to stay in the country.
And the morons lap it up.
The difference between fiction and reality is that fiction is supposed to make sense.
AxelWolf
AxelWolf
  • Threads: 164
Thanked by
RS
June 6th, 2018 at 3:09:49 AM permalink
Quote: mcallister3200

I’m another thread on another forum someone said something like, “maybe they are trying to distract from the investigation on Russia and the White House colluding for ovechkin and the capitols to win the Stanley cup finals.”

Is that you Nathan?
♪♪Now you swear and kick and beg us That you're not a gamblin' man Then you find you're back in Vegas With a handle in your hand♪♪ Your black cards can make you money So you hide them when you're able In the land of casinos and money You must put them on the table♪♪ You go back Jack do it again roulette wheels turinin' 'round and 'round♪♪ You go back Jack do it again♪♪
AZDuffman
AZDuffman
June 6th, 2018 at 4:40:01 AM permalink

Trump's problem is not only does he make divisive commentary, he almost never acknowledges it much less apologize or try to make amends.

He is only "divisive" in that we have a nation with too many snowflakes who sit around and WAIT to be offended. Trump has nothing to apologize for. He tells it like it is. This is how men talked pre-1980s. It is refreshing.
RS
RS
  • Threads: 62
June 6th, 2018 at 5:10:22 AM permalink

He is only "divisive" in that we have a nation with too many snowflakes who sit around and WAIT to be offended. Trump has nothing to apologize for. He tells it like it is. This is how men talked pre-1980s. It is refreshing.

They aren't waiting to be offended. They're looking for reasons to be offended. "OMG, they just called that place a sh**hole country! I mean, it is a sh**hole country, but now I'm offended for some reason!"
ams288
ams288
June 6th, 2018 at 5:25:14 AM permalink

They aren't waiting to be offended. They're looking for reasons to be offended. "OMG, they just called that place a sh**hole country! I mean, it is a sh**hole country, but now I'm offended for some reason!"

Who said they were offended by that racist "sh**hole countries" comment?

It's not offensive when an old racist white man says racist things. It's in their nature. You just have to wait for them to die out.
AZDuffman
AZDuffman
June 6th, 2018 at 5:29:01 AM permalink

Any number of lefties did. Don't you remember the uproar?
ams288
ams288
June 6th, 2018 at 5:32:37 AM permalink

Any number of lefties did. Don't you remember the uproar?

I remember the uproar, as there should be uproar when a sitting president says something racist like that.

What I don't remember is lefties saying they were "offended."
rxwine
rxwine
June 6th, 2018 at 5:37:45 AM permalink

No, we've always had old farts who run their mouths too much.
RonC
RonC
  • Threads: 40
June 6th, 2018 at 7:37:09 AM permalink

It's not offensive when an old racist white man says racist things. It's in their nature. You just have to wait for them to die out.

Calling shithole countries "shithole countries" is not racist thought it may have not been the proper diplomatic way to call them "shithole countries."

I've been to some of the countries in question and their troubles are deep. It does not matter what race they may be. People lying on sidewalks who should be in hospitals, corrupt governments, dictators, etc.

The more someone hollers "racist" about every possible thing, the less value the term holds. It hurts, not helps, the cause.

I'd give you an example that works the other way, but you'd just quote it and try to make it something that it isn't. You don't really care for a discussion, so I'll just stop by and comment once in awhile when I feel like it.
ams288
ams288
June 6th, 2018 at 7:48:22 AM permalink
Quote: RonC

Calling shithole countries "shithole countries" is not racist

You are at least the third straight white male to echo this sentiment in this thread. Just because of conservative white guys don't think something is racist, doesn't mean they're correct.
darkoz
darkoz
  • Threads: 297
June 6th, 2018 at 7:51:33 AM permalink
Important:

Please choose the neighborhood you would prefer to live in from the 2 choices below

Or

For Whom the bus tolls; The bus tolls for thee
darkoz
darkoz
June 6th, 2018 at 8:03:43 AM permalink
Part 2:

Please choose the location you would find more preferable to live

Or

darkoz
darkoz
June 6th, 2018 at 8:16:07 AM permalink
Part one answers:

If you prefer to live here

Then welcome to the good ol USA louisiana

Then welcome to your choice of the shithole country Zimbabwe Africa
darkoz
darkoz
June 6th, 2018 at 8:22:29 AM permalink
Part two answers:

If you chose to live here

Then welcome to amazing NYC Americana

However if you prefer to live here

Then welcome to the shithole country where you believe Obama was born of Kenya Africa
Tanko
Tanko
Thanked by
AZDuffman
June 6th, 2018 at 8:33:47 AM permalink
More choices:

Kabul 1971

London 2017
RonC
RonC
Thanked by
aceofspades
June 6th, 2018 at 12:10:43 PM permalink

You are at least the third straight white male to echo this sentiment in this thread. Just because of conservative white guys don't think something is racist, doesn't mean they're correct.

From the Google dictionary...

"rac·ist
ˈrāsəst/Submit
noun
a person who shows or feels discrimination or prejudice against people of other races, or who believes that a particular race is superior to another.
"the comments have led to her being called a racist"
synonyms: racial bigot, racialist, xenophobe, chauvinist, supremacist More
adjective
showing or feeling discrimination or prejudice against people of other races, or believing that a particular race is superior to another.
"we are investigating complaints about racist abuse at the club""

There is nothing in the statement that is racist. There isn't even a lie in the statement.

I did say that he could have done better.

What does any of this have to do with being a white straight conservative male? You spend a lot of time trying to put people in groups just because they agree on certain things but I have also told you that I am an individual and I don't always support the same positions as other people you might call "conservative." In fact "white" has nothing to do with it and invokes race in a way the statement does not.

I don't care "what" you are at all; I disagree with you without hate or prejudice.

It isn't that hard.
SOOPOO
SOOPOO 
  • Threads: 122
June 6th, 2018 at 12:15:02 PM permalink

Another clear example of TDS. Not being able to see that calling a country filled with poverty, corruption, and oppressive government a shithole is not racist just because Trump said it.

Edit---- well written post by RonC expounding on my point. Thanks Ron.
SanchoPanza
SanchoPanza
  • Threads: 34
June 6th, 2018 at 12:24:47 PM permalink

Seth Myers, Trevor Noah, Dick Durbin, Stephen Colbert, Jimmy Kimmel, Anderson Cooper, Chrissy Teigen, Zendaya, John Legend, Wycliff Jean, Questlove Gomez, Patricia Arquette, Arrested Development.

That is quite a bit more than the number of conservatives who stated here that Michael Avenatti was allegedly being financed by certain billionaires.
SanchoPanza
SanchoPanza
June 6th, 2018 at 12:31:46 PM permalink
Quote: darkoz

“In Zimbabwe, farmland has been a central issue in the African nation’s violent struggles over race. Fifteen years ago, the government began seizing property from thousands of white farmers and giving it to blacks as recompense for the abuses of colonial rule. But now, as agricultural output stalls, black landowners are quietly reaching out to white farmers who were thrown off their land.” wapo
SanchoPanza
SanchoPanza
June 6th, 2018 at 12:38:11 PM permalink
Quote: TomG

The ratings did drop overall in 2017 compared to 2016. But Colin Kaepernick was blackballed in 2017, whereas he was still an NFL quarterback taking a knee in 2016. Now that we have two full years of data, we're seeing that when management fights back against player protests, the ratings go down.

"Per Austin Karp of Sports Business Daily, viewership for NBC’s Sunday Night Football, ESPN’s Monday Night Football and the shared Thursday Night Football package (between NBC, CBS, NFL Network and Amazon) all declined for the second straight season. NBC averaged 18.2 million viewers for its set of games, the package's lowest figure since 2008, when it averaged 16.6 million viewers. MNF trended up for most of the season before a couple of late-season dogs sent the series to its lowest audience ever. TNF averaged 10.9 million viewers, including 13 Thursday night games, one Sunday morning game, two Saturday afternoons, one Saturday night and a Christmas Day game (on a Monday afternoon). Karp said the TNF mark was the lowest since broadcast networks became partners in the package in 2014." si
RonC
RonC
June 6th, 2018 at 12:48:51 PM permalink
Quote: SanchoPanza

"TNF averaged 10.9 million viewers, including 13 Thursday night games, one Sunday morning game, two Saturday afternoons, one Saturday night and a Christmas Day game (on a Monday afternoon). Karp said the TNF mark was the lowest since broadcast networks became partners in the package in 2014." si

Thursday Night Football diminishes the product. More players unable to participate (injuries not healed in time), less interest in the NFL as a 3-4 day a week product, dilution of the Sunday pool of games, etc. do not help the NFL overall. They didn't care about that; they took the money. We shall see what happens in the future.
aceofspades
aceofspades
June 6th, 2018 at 12:56:58 PM permalink

Quote: darkoz

“In Zimbabwe, farmland has been a central issue in the African nation’s violent struggles over race. Fifteen years ago, the government began seizing property from thousands of white farmers and giving it to blacks as recompense for the abuses of colonial rule. But now, as agricultural output stalls, black landowners are quietly reaching out to white farmers who were thrown off their land.” wapo

I may be incorrect, but I am probably the only forum member to ever visit Zimbabwe
The people were very nice - however, none of them had food - my family and I would take as much food as we could from the dinner buffet at the hotel (armed security patrols the hotel) and give it to any random people we saw
We also took the slippers and toiletries provided in the room and gave them away to random people
Showing one mansion in Zimbabwe does not tell the true story of the plight there
rxwine
rxwine
June 6th, 2018 at 12:57:23 PM permalink
NASCAR tv ratings declining. I doubt it has much to do with political affiliations. Sometimes correlation is not causation. People are swamped in new choices.

Quote:

Live attendance and television ratings at NASCAR races did not just start declining yesterday. It is a stale, decade-old story, with race tracks removing thousands of seats that had been filled in NASCAR’s prime, and faithful stock-car couch potatoes tuning elsewhere.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/davecaldwell/2018/05/02/stock-car-fans-continue-racing-away-from-nascar/#77b938c11df5
ams288
ams288
June 6th, 2018 at 1:19:01 PM permalink

Seth Myers, Trevor Noah, Dick Durbin, Stephen Colbert, Jimmy Kimmel, Anderson Cooper, Chrissy Teigen, Zendaya, John Legend, Wycliff Jean, Questlove Gomez, Patricia Arquette, Arrested Development.

They all said they were “offended” by that racist statement?

Source?
ams288
ams288
June 6th, 2018 at 1:21:59 PM permalink

NASCAR tv ratings declining. I doubt it has much to do with political affiliations. Sometimes correlation is not causation. People are swamped in new choices.

ALL tv ratings are declining, and have been doing so for years.

If people want to prescribe political motivations to it, let them. But just know they are probably wrong.
SOOPOO
SOOPOO 
  • Threads: 122
June 6th, 2018 at 1:28:12 PM permalink

Source?

I'll take some liberty and change the word offended to embarrassed. I was embarrassed when Trump said that. As I have said many times here, I often agree with what he says, and this is a good example, but there are just more adult ways to handle yourself if you are a world leader. It still doesn't make the comment racist, it just is inappropriate. Trump will never learn that just because something is likely true that doesn't mean you HAVE to say it. AZ and EB may like Trump for not adhering to 'political correctness' norms, and a little 'outsider' is good, but the entire left and a bunch of us on the right just wish he could control his childishness a little....
billryan
billryan
June 6th, 2018 at 1:28:45 PM permalink
https://youtu.be/ozz7K-QNF4Q?t=3

Our noble leader fumbling his way through a song most school children know.
The difference between fiction and reality is that fiction is supposed to make sense.
beachbumbabs
beachbumbabs
  • Threads: 100
June 6th, 2018 at 1:35:08 PM permalink
Quote: RonC

"TNF averaged 10.9 million viewers, including 13 Thursday night games, one Sunday morning game, two Saturday afternoons, one Saturday night and a Christmas Day game (on a Monday afternoon). Karp said the TNF mark was the lowest since broadcast networks became partners in the package in 2014." si

Thursday Night Football diminishes the product. More players unable to participate (injuries not healed in time), less interest in the NFL as a 3-4 day a week product, dilution of the Sunday pool of games, etc. do not help the NFL overall. They didn't care about that; they took the money. We shall see what happens in the future.

I do appreciate the stats. I'm not sure they necessarily reflect a political backlash, though . Specifically, TNF is a very poor choice for comparison.

The people who broadcast TNF the last several years (think it was CBS) moved many of the games to the NFL network, which is a premium channel a lot of people don't have. Stats on those broadcasts would be heavily skewed just for limited availability. (I was infuriated several times because I really wanted to see my beloved Vikings, and somehow all their TNF games in that time period were NFL network.)

Was also true for MNF when they first moved it to ESPN, but ESPN is part of most packages now, so at least it's not as much of an issue as it was.
If the House lost every hand, they wouldn't deal the game.
SanchoPanza
SanchoPanza
June 6th, 2018 at 1:35:58 PM permalink

Source?

Any halfway competent search engine. Need help composing the search request again?
ams288
ams288
June 6th, 2018 at 1:37:04 PM permalink
Quote: SOOPOO

I'll take some liberty and change the word offended to embarrassed. I was embarrassed when Trump said that.

I was certainly embarrassed by it.

But that's not what we are talking about. RS and Sancho claim (with no evidence) liberals were "offended." I wasn't offended. Donald is garbage. Nothing he says will offend me, it's to be expected he will say awful things.

And while we are at it, every single rightie-response has basically been:

"But those countries are shitholes! It's not racist to point that out!"

They conveniently ignore the fact that Donald was saying he doesn't want *people* from those *predominantly black* "shithole" countries to be able to come to America.

Here's some good reading material:

Trump’s defenders are willfully ignoring the broader context of his “shithole” comments
ams288
ams288
June 6th, 2018 at 1:39:22 PM permalink

Source?

Any halfway competent search engine. Need help composing the search request again?

That's not how it works. The onus of proof is not on me to research your made up facts.

If you can't provide sources showing all of those celebrities (and one random scripted TV show) saying they were offended by the shithole country statement, you lose.
  • Jump to: