3 votes (17.64%)
No votes (0%)
1 vote (5.88%)

17 members have voted

GWAE
GWAE
  • Threads: 92
March 1st, 2018 at 9:15:05 AM permalink
Brackets will be announced on March 11th. I am suggesting the standard bracket contest with just tiered points. Nothing fancy or special. We can run it on one of the various internet websites and collect money via one of the money collecting sites or we can do an honor system pay at the end but if that is the case I am limiting it to known members.

Thoughts?
Expect the worst and you will never be disappointed. I AM NOT PART OF GWAE RADIO SHOW
MidwestAP
MidwestAP
  • Threads: 22
March 1st, 2018 at 1:07:42 PM permalink
Sounds like a great idea to me. Count me in!
Wizard
Administrator
Wizard
  • Threads: 1246
March 1st, 2018 at 3:00:16 PM permalink
I'm in. We usually go on the honor system here
It's not whether you win or lose; it's whether or not you had a good bet.
JohnnyQ
JohnnyQ
  • Threads: 209
March 1st, 2018 at 3:05:40 PM permalink
Sure me too, I'll watch for details.
You know the type always acting cool, Pretender;Take the risk or give up your cards, Pretender, Oh, Oh. - Iris/Avsec
GWAE
GWAE
March 1st, 2018 at 3:12:42 PM permalink
Quote: JohnnyQ

Sure me too, I'll watch for details.

I say let's gauge interest until Tuesday and if we have enough then we can't setup details.

I was coming on here to bump this with a joke bur you guys already replied.

Simple and stupid joke. (I miss the joke thread)
Person says, "what rhymes with orange"
Person 2, "no it doesnt."
Expect the worst and you will never be disappointed. I AM NOT PART OF GWAE RADIO SHOW
terapined
terapined
  • Threads: 76
March 1st, 2018 at 4:20:08 PM permalink
I'm in
voted 20 bucks
"Everybody's bragging and drinking that wine, I can tell the Queen of Diamonds by the way she shines, Come to Daddy on an inside straight, I got no chance of losing this time" -Grateful Dead- "Loser"
Ayecarumba
Ayecarumba
  • Threads: 232
Thanks for this post from:
miplet
March 1st, 2018 at 6:30:47 PM permalink
One winner? Tie Breakers? Will the play ins count too?
Simplicity is the ultimate sophistication - Leonardo da Vinci
Vegasrider
Vegasrider
  • Threads: 32
March 1st, 2018 at 6:31:14 PM permalink
Quote: terapined

I'm in
voted 20 bucks

Is it one entry only per member?
JohnnyQ
JohnnyQ
  • Threads: 209
March 2nd, 2018 at 3:18:03 AM permalink
Quote: Vegasrider

Is it one entry only per member?

More risk, more reward. I am ok with up to 2 or 3 entries per member.
You know the type always acting cool, Pretender;Take the risk or give up your cards, Pretender, Oh, Oh. - Iris/Avsec
GWAE
GWAE
March 2nd, 2018 at 4:52:45 AM permalink
I am thinking the following: these are not the rules, just opening up discussion.

max 2 brackets per person
tie breaker would be total of final game, second tie breaker would be combined scores of the final 4 games.
play in games are not counted (Unless the bracket sites make you)
I personally don't like winner take all type of payouts so I would like a 1st and 2nd, maybe a 3rd depending on how many brackets. but I will go with whatever we all decide.
In the past I have run brackets where each round had a payout as well but without money in hand to distribute I think that is a little tough to do.
payouts will be done after the final game. it will be up to the winners to figure out the method. To make it easy I say we have options link venmo, paypal, or amazon giftcard. I know a lot of people like using Amazon because you can do it anonymously so If the winner doesn't want amazon cards but the losers want to pay that way I can be an in between.
Only current and known members of WOV will be eligible and since we are paying out after the game we should set a rule on who is considered current and known.
As with any contest, WOV, Mike, myself, or any mod does not endorse not guarantee any payouts.

• Jump to: