Nathan
Nathan
  • Threads: 67
  • Posts: 4151
Joined: Sep 2, 2016
January 23rd, 2018 at 3:39:49 PM permalink
I think this is an ideal thing to do, especially with huge jackpots. After a guy followed an older woman around the casino after she won a huge $6,000 jackpot and even followed her to the parking lot and to her house 43 miles away to beat her up and steal her winnings, I thought" "The buddy system would have worked out to save her big time." A simple, "Grandma, this shady guy has been following us around the casino ever since you won the $6,000!" He's not even playing any money himself!" And then telling the creep,"Look, stop following my Grandma around or I will beat your ass!(Said by a 22 year old, 250 pound, 6 foot guy with an intimidating snarl) would have been a godsend for her)

Having someone watch your back and you watching their back would cut down on a lot of robberies and muggings.
In both The Hunger Games and in gambling, may the odds be ever in your favor. :D "Man Babes" #AxelFabulous "Olive oil is processed but it only has one ingredient, olive oil."-Even Bob, March 27/28th. :D The 2 year war is over! Woo-hoo! :D I sometimes speak in metaphors. ;) Remember this. ;) Crack the code. :D 8.9.13.25.14.1.13.5.9.19.14.1.20.8.1.14! :D "For about the 4096th time, let me offer a radical idea to those of you who don't like Nathan -- block her and don't visit Nathan's Corner. What is so complicated about it?" Wizard, August 21st. :D
FleaStiff
FleaStiff
  • Threads: 265
  • Posts: 14484
Joined: Oct 19, 2009
Thanked by
bobbartop
January 23rd, 2018 at 4:08:44 PM permalink
Quote: Nathan

Having someone watch your back and you watching their back would cut down on a lot of robberies and muggings.

Perhaps but buddies get drunk and distracted and can be annoying. Mainly buddies would cut down on losses and on enjoyment.
If I go to a casino with a companion the agreement is: she stays in THAT casino and does not go shopping or to a different casino or to a hotel room without telling me. If she wanders around to those infernal slot machines, fine. If she stays at my craps table, fine,

If we are in a lobby area or a 'starbucks' area and I want to hand her some of my winnings, we shake hands so no one really sees the bills being transferred,

If there is a trip to the cashier, I'm twenty feet behind her watching. She walks away from the cashier and walks right past me as I watch for shadowers and later catch up to her,. Even in the ultra safe Venetian, we've done this routine,. A waste of time? Probably.
Nathan
Nathan
  • Threads: 67
  • Posts: 4151
Joined: Sep 2, 2016
January 23rd, 2018 at 6:15:37 PM permalink
Quote: FleaStiff

Perhaps but buddies get drunk and distracted and can be annoying. Mainly buddies would cut down on losses and on enjoyment.
If I go to a casino with a companion the agreement is: she stays in THAT casino and does not go shopping or to a different casino or to a hotel room without telling me. If she wanders around to those infernal slot machines, fine. If she stays at my craps table, fine,

If we are in a lobby area or a 'starbucks' area and I want to hand her some of my winnings, we shake hands so no one really sees the bills being transferred,

If there is a trip to the cashier, I'm twenty feet behind her watching. She walks away from the cashier and walks right past me as I watch for shadowers and later catch up to her,. Even in the ultra safe Venetian, we've done this routine,. A waste of time? Probably.



Make a pact that neither of you will get drunk because you each have to be the other's eyes and ears at the casino, especially after a huge win like oh say $6,000. If you guys get drunk you won't be too useful each other since you'll be too wasted to function properly. But if you guys are both sober you guys will be useful for each other.
In both The Hunger Games and in gambling, may the odds be ever in your favor. :D "Man Babes" #AxelFabulous "Olive oil is processed but it only has one ingredient, olive oil."-Even Bob, March 27/28th. :D The 2 year war is over! Woo-hoo! :D I sometimes speak in metaphors. ;) Remember this. ;) Crack the code. :D 8.9.13.25.14.1.13.5.9.19.14.1.20.8.1.14! :D "For about the 4096th time, let me offer a radical idea to those of you who don't like Nathan -- block her and don't visit Nathan's Corner. What is so complicated about it?" Wizard, August 21st. :D
NokTang
NokTang
  • Threads: 56
  • Posts: 1314
Joined: Aug 15, 2011
January 23rd, 2018 at 10:11:58 PM permalink
Quote: FleaStiff

If she stays at my craps table, fine,
.



Companion...maybe(if you are paying her for the companionship, even in that instance I can see all sorts of problems such as "why you only give me $$ when you win $$$$)....but your girlfriend, wife or grandmother? Could cause quite a stir if she didn't like how much you were betting or just generally be in a bad mood.
rxwine
rxwine
  • Threads: 213
  • Posts: 12320
Joined: Feb 28, 2010
January 23rd, 2018 at 11:07:24 PM permalink
If you don't need to leave right away, just hit the coffee shop for awhile, watch the live free band. Or if you like to play head games, walk to the exit like you're going to leave, then go back into casino.

Never had one problem doing this.
There's no secret. Just know what you're talking about before you open your mouth.
BTLWI
BTLWI
  • Threads: 6
  • Posts: 457
Joined: Nov 6, 2013
January 23rd, 2018 at 11:48:56 PM permalink
Quote: Nathan

Make a pact that neither of you will get drunk because you each have to be the other's eyes and ears at the casino, especially after a huge win like oh say $6,000. If you guys get drunk you won't be too useful each other since you'll be too wasted to function properly. But if you guys are both sober you guys will be useful for each other.



Can we celebrate by drinking if it's only $3,000?
Nathan
Nathan
  • Threads: 67
  • Posts: 4151
Joined: Sep 2, 2016
January 23rd, 2018 at 11:58:54 PM permalink
Quote: BTLWI

Can we celebrate by drinking if it's only $3,000?



LMAO! No! :D
In both The Hunger Games and in gambling, may the odds be ever in your favor. :D "Man Babes" #AxelFabulous "Olive oil is processed but it only has one ingredient, olive oil."-Even Bob, March 27/28th. :D The 2 year war is over! Woo-hoo! :D I sometimes speak in metaphors. ;) Remember this. ;) Crack the code. :D 8.9.13.25.14.1.13.5.9.19.14.1.20.8.1.14! :D "For about the 4096th time, let me offer a radical idea to those of you who don't like Nathan -- block her and don't visit Nathan's Corner. What is so complicated about it?" Wizard, August 21st. :D
  • Jump to: