speedycrap
speedycrap
Joined: Oct 13, 2013
  • Threads: 46
  • Posts: 1252
January 1st, 2018 at 4:46:07 PM permalink
Recently, a lot of threads talking about members got banned. I wonder, what a banned member can do and cannot do during the banned period. Also permanently banned?
MrV
MrV
Joined: Feb 13, 2010
  • Threads: 332
  • Posts: 7322
January 1st, 2018 at 4:53:48 PM permalink
You are confused.

Once banned, aka nuked, a member is persona non gratis and can NEVER post here again.

Sure, they can lurk, but that's it.

Short of being banned, the mods can suspend someone, usually for three to fourteen days.

When suspended you cannot post, but once the suspension is over you are fully reinstated.

As for what the banned do, some congregate at other sites and discuss the goings on here; others flush it and move on.
"What, me worry?"
onenickelmiracle
onenickelmiracle
Joined: Jan 26, 2012
  • Threads: 212
  • Posts: 8277
January 1st, 2018 at 4:54:12 PM permalink
Used to be said true they could receive PMs but not send them, but I don't think it's true. I think banned members can neither read, send, nor reply.
I am a robot.
darkoz
darkoz
Joined: Dec 22, 2009
  • Threads: 266
  • Posts: 9070
January 1st, 2018 at 4:54:29 PM permalink
Quote: speedycrap

Recently, a lot of threads talking about members got banned. I wonder, what a banned member can do and cannot do during the banned period. Also permanently banned?



Just about nothing

No posting
No editing
No pms allowed with anyone including mods
No communication whatsoever

About the only thing possible is reading posts like any non-member
For Whom the bus tolls; The bus tolls for thee
Ibeatyouraces
Ibeatyouraces
Joined: Jan 12, 2010
  • Threads: 68
  • Posts: 11933
January 1st, 2018 at 4:55:02 PM permalink
Quote: speedycrap

Recently, a lot of threads talking about members got banned. I wonder, what a banned member can do and cannot do during the banned period. Also permanently banned?


https://youtu.be/20EhCYGwmzE
DUHHIIIIIIIII HEARD THAT!
darkoz
darkoz
Joined: Dec 22, 2009
  • Threads: 266
  • Posts: 9070
January 1st, 2018 at 5:05:48 PM permalink
Quote: Ibeatyouraces

https://youtu.be/20EhCYGwmzE



Yep

Just remember part II is all i can say
For Whom the bus tolls; The bus tolls for thee
Mikey75
Mikey75
Joined: Mar 1, 2013
  • Threads: 49
  • Posts: 639
January 1st, 2018 at 5:05:50 PM permalink
I don't understand why so many banned members log in everyday. Why not just view the forum without logging in if you can't post?
darkoz
darkoz
Joined: Dec 22, 2009
  • Threads: 266
  • Posts: 9070
January 1st, 2018 at 5:22:57 PM permalink
Quote: Mikey75

I don't understand why so many banned members log in everyday. Why not just view the forum without logging in if you can't post?



I agree for banned members

Suspended members are coming back so why log out

I never log in. My phone is permalogged. I just come here and im already signed on. So too much work signing out when im coming back
For Whom the bus tolls; The bus tolls for thee
Keyser
Keyser
Joined: Apr 16, 2010
  • Threads: 35
  • Posts: 2083
January 1st, 2018 at 6:16:41 PM permalink


Most of the banned members simply set up a new account under another name. Many of the members on this forum have several user names using several different IPs. It's just like Facebook.
Doc
Doc
Joined: Feb 27, 2010
  • Threads: 45
  • Posts: 7124
January 1st, 2018 at 7:02:24 PM permalink
Quote: Mikey75

I don't understand why so many banned members log in everyday. Why not just view the forum without logging in if you can't post?

My guess:

When you are logged in, the system tracks what thread pages and posts you have already seen. When you click on a thread from a list (such as "Recent Threads") it takes you to where you stopped reading and there is a post you haven't seen before. On the assumption that this works for banned/suspended members as well, it at least saves time for someone who wants to read posts they haven't yet seen, even if they cannot post themselves.

  • Jump to: