GWAE
GWAE
Joined: Sep 20, 2013
  • Threads: 70
  • Posts: 6270
October 21st, 2017 at 2:59:31 AM permalink
Atlantic city has been charging 1000 RC per person to enter diamond lounges unless you had 25000 tier credits. Well it looks like they are taking that nationwide. In 2018 it will no longer be free to enter diamond lounges unless you have 25k tier credits for the previous year. I havent seen it reported on how much it will cost but in would assume it will be 1000 RC per person. Hopefully they don't up it to 1500.

Also, you can't pay cash to get in. You must use RCs so if you don't have any you can't get in.

This is a direct result of all the tier matching and founders card. They should have come up with a way to make it so you had to have 15k earned credits and not just free upgrades.

https://imgur.com/a/PXiUA

It also doesnt mention show tickets. Hopefully that is just part of the other benefits but you would think that is a big enough benefit that they would put that on front screen.
FleaStiff
FleaStiff
Joined: Oct 19, 2009
  • Threads: 215
  • Posts: 11297
Thanks for this post from:
JohnnyQMoosetonRomes
October 21st, 2017 at 4:38:43 AM permalink
CET is like a parasite; constantly making changes to get more and more without actually killing its victim.
FleaStiff
FleaStiff
Joined: Oct 19, 2009
  • Threads: 215
  • Posts: 11297
October 21st, 2017 at 4:38:43 AM permalink
Resort fees, diamond lounges, etc. I think they spend more money promoting the lounges than actually making them worthwhile.

Have your points, put your thumbprint on the glass, stand next to the scanner and hear a mechanical voice say Welcome to the Diamond Lounge.
100xOdds
100xOdds
Joined: Feb 5, 2012
  • Threads: 425
  • Posts: 2230
October 21st, 2017 at 6:16:08 AM permalink
Quote: GWAE

Atlantic city has been charging 1000 RC per person to enter diamond lounges unless you had 25000 tier credits. Well it looks like they are taking that nationwide. In 2018 it will no longer be free to enter diamond lounges unless you have 25k tier credits for the previous year. I havent seen it reported on how much it will cost but in would assume it will be 1000 RC per person. Hopefully they don't up it to 1500.

Also, you can't pay cash to get in. You must use RCs so if you don't have any you can't get in.

This is a direct result of all the tier matching and founders card. They should have come up with a way to make it so you had to have 15k earned credits and not just free upgrades.

https://imgur.com/a/PXiUA

It also doesnt mention show tickets. Hopefully that is just part of the other benefits but you would think that is a big enough benefit that they would put that on front screen.

phew.. from the title, thought you were going to say that diamond lounges will cost 1000 RC regardless of TC, like Borgata and Tropicana lounges.

of course the Borgata lounge is MUCH better than the caesars diamond lounge in terms of food/drink because they are charging you.
but the caesars diamond lounge is very good for free. and free is a better bang for the buck. :)

hm.. I can see the Horseshoe Baltimore diamond lounge being empty now if they are charging.
by state law, no free drinks and appetizers only for food.
ie: chicken wings and a fruit plate
Craps is paradise (Pair of dice). Lets hear it for the SpeedCount Mathletes :)
100xOdds
100xOdds
Joined: Feb 5, 2012
  • Threads: 425
  • Posts: 2230
October 21st, 2017 at 6:25:31 AM permalink
Quote: FleaStiff

CET is like a parasite; constantly making changes to get more and more without actually killing its victim.


yup.
less comps, no more 5k tc bonus for making Aspirations lvl 1.

but they are still by far the best rewards card in the east coast.
lowest coin-in to attain a tier level with good benefits.
MGM sucks!
Craps is paradise (Pair of dice). Lets hear it for the SpeedCount Mathletes :)
DRich
DRich
Joined: Jul 6, 2012
  • Threads: 63
  • Posts: 3340
October 21st, 2017 at 8:44:38 AM permalink
Laughlin implemented this at the beginning of 2017.
JohnnyQ
JohnnyQ
Joined: Nov 3, 2009
  • Threads: 191
  • Posts: 2633
October 21st, 2017 at 12:40:29 PM permalink
;-(

We have lots of gambling choices much easier and less expensive to get to than Las Vegas, some with better odds than the Strip. SO, if Diamond Benefits are decimated (especially the show ticket benefit, although we also like the lounges), we will be in Las Vegas A LOT LESS often.
Last edited by: JohnnyQ on Oct 21, 2017
I don't give a hoot about what people have to say, I'm laughing as I'm analyzed. Lunatics anonymous, that's where we belong, Sure, cause I am one, till my strength is gone, Yeah, this beat goes on - Da Kings: The North Coast's Friday Anthem
ahiromu
ahiromu
Joined: Jan 15, 2010
  • Threads: 110
  • Posts: 1948
October 21st, 2017 at 1:31:05 PM permalink
I'm a low level diamond (usually end below 25k). I go a few times per year and put through a solid amount.

This is extremely disappointing. They give diamond to the founder's card AT THE SAME TIME PEOPLE ARE DISCOVERING HOW TO ABUSE THESE THINGS, then I end up on the chopping block to reduce crowding. Don't get me wrong, I'm not angry at any of you personally that did this, it's 100% on TR management. They screwed up.

They still offer me way more than they should, so it won't change my gambling habits, but this just sucks.

All said and done though, it isn't a big deal. I don't go to Vegas for the diamond lounges.
Its - Possessive; It's - "It is" / "It has"; There - Location; Their - Possessive; They're - "They are"
100xOdds
100xOdds
Joined: Feb 5, 2012
  • Threads: 425
  • Posts: 2230
October 21st, 2017 at 2:54:59 PM permalink
Quote: ahiromu

They give diamond to the founder's card AT THE SAME TIME PEOPLE ARE DISCOVERING HOW TO ABUSE THESE THINGS.

yup.. $300 gets you free dinner for you AND A GUEST at 9 locations in Vegas EVERYDAY for a year.
so you and 9 friends split the $300. that's $30/person for a year of free food everyday!
you bring a friend to diamond location #1. you leave immediately but leave friend there.
rinse/repeat 8 more times.

the tier matches have a minor role.
the other major casinos require you to ALWAYS pay to get into their lounges. (ie: Borgata and Tropicana AC)
but for the Borgata at least, the food/alcohol is better. so if they're used to that lvl of quality, then they might not like 'slumming it' even if free.
Craps is paradise (Pair of dice). Lets hear it for the SpeedCount Mathletes :)
HarryLyme
HarryLyme
Joined: Oct 26, 2016
  • Threads: 0
  • Posts: 8
Thanks for this post from:
LuckyPhow
October 21st, 2017 at 7:18:20 PM permalink
Quote: 100xOdds

yup.. $300 gets you free dinner for you AND A GUEST at 9 locations in Vegas EVERYDAY for a year.
so you and 9 friends split the $300. that's $30/person for a year of free food everyday!
you bring a friend to diamond location #1. you leave immediately but leave friend there.
rinse/repeat 8 more times.

the tier matches have a minor role.
the other major casinos require you to ALWAYS pay to get into their lounges. (ie: Borgata and Tropicana AC)
but for the Borgata at least, the food/alcohol is better. so if they're used to that lvl of quality, then they might not like 'slumming it' even if free.



C'mon. You're a smart guy, so let's be serious. There's no way Founderscard is a considerable factor in why Diamond Lounges are overcrowded. If there was a way to know, I'd bet that far more are Diamond this year through DIAD/DITD, the Quests, and tier matches than the entirety of FC Diamond members. I'd bet the farm and the horses on that. Are a number abusing the DL privilege? Possibly. Your 9 person scenario probably extends to ALL Diamonds, including gambling teams and FC members, but that is a LOT of work to do for a meal.

The thing I find humorous about the outrage is people complain about the lounges being overcrowded, suggest they do something like AC, then CET does exactly that and the streets are on fire. This affects how many people? There's a 10K window of folks who this will hit. Still, if you've played your way to Diamond at 20K, I'm fairly certain you have $20 in RCs to cover the costs (unless, as rumors begins, $30). No? Load up on multiplier days. Yes, it's a bummer in Vegas because you can't just hop knowing you have to carry an RC balance for it, but hey, they won't be crowded anymore, right?

  • Jump to: