Thread Rating:

Ibeatyouraces
Ibeatyouraces
  • Threads: 68
Thanks for this post from:
monet0412
October 3rd, 2017 at 9:54:45 PM permalink
Maybe he just had a hatred for country music.
DUHHIIIIIIIII HEARD THAT!
Keeneone
Keeneone
  • Threads: 15
October 3rd, 2017 at 10:20:38 PM permalink
Went out today (1st time since the tragic event) and enjoyed a beautiful day in the valley. I did not notice much of a change around town. Seemed like a normal Tuesday (not saying this is good or bad, just posting my experiences)...
Doc
Doc
  • Threads: 45
October 3rd, 2017 at 10:32:55 PM permalink
Quote: Keeneone

I did not notice much of a change around town. Seemed like a normal Tuesday ...

Las Vegas Blvd closed from Tropicana to Russell when I went out at mid-day. Identical "Vegas Strong" sign at the Palms (perhaps all Stations?). Identical "Prayers for the victims, thanks to the brave first responders" signs at several (all?) MGM properties.
monet0412
monet0412
  • Threads: 9
October 3rd, 2017 at 10:34:20 PM permalink

Went out today (1st time since the tragic event) and enjoyed a beautiful day in the valley. I did not notice much of a change around town. Seemed like a normal Tuesday (not saying this is good or bad, just posting my experiences)...

Another Day Another Dollar. Honestly this will do nothing to stop Vegas and I honestly haven't watched or listened about it too much. Some guy went nuts and killed a bunch of people. I've seen it before and I know it will happen again. I have to agree with Aces that Country Music could make you Hot Sucker and Rage Quit like he did. Little children dying worse deaths all over the world. Plenty of injustice all over the world that this tragedy doesn't even compare. We are all going down soon enough. Nobody is guaranteed another minute. Tom Petty just fell down on his floor and it was basically over.

I am just glad I have plenty of Guns and Ammo... that is the important thing to buy for me... the Ammo! The nice thing about Guns is that they don't lose value and usually only go up so it is a safe place to hide money IMHO. I'm betting Gun Sales and Prices go up after this.
Keeneone
Keeneone
  • Threads: 15
October 3rd, 2017 at 11:14:09 PM permalink
Quote: Doc

Las Vegas Blvd closed from Tropicana to Russell when I went out at mid-day. Identical "Vegas Strong" sign at the Palms (perhaps all Stations?). Identical "Prayers for the victims, thanks to the brave first responders" signs at several (all?) MGM properties.

I did not make it to the strip today. Other than the signage (with well wishes), have you noticed any change in the city? Maybe the mood or something else? Others have mentioned bag searches.
Neutrino
Neutrino
  • Threads: 84
October 4th, 2017 at 12:04:11 AM permalink
I heard rumors of the inventer of ez pai gow died during the shooting. can anyone confirm if this is true or not?
billryan
billryan
  • Threads: 171
October 4th, 2017 at 12:11:55 AM permalink
LAS VEGAS
In the hours following a violent rampage in Las Vegas in which a lone attacker killed more than 50 individuals and seriously injured 400 others, citizens living in the only country where this kind of mass killing routinely occurs reportedly concluded Monday that there was no way to prevent the massacre from taking place. This was a terrible tragedy, but sometimes these things just happen and theres nothing anyone can do to stop them, said Iowa resident Kyle Rimmels, echoing sentiments expressed by tens of millions of individuals who reside in a nation where over half of the world deadliest mass shootings have occurred in the past 50 years and whose citizens are 20 times more likely to die of gun violence than those of other developed nations. Its a shame, but what can we do? There really wasn't anything that was going to keep these individuals from snapping and killing a lot of people if that's what they really wanted. At press time, residents of the only economically advanced nation in the world where roughly two mass shootings have occurred every month for the past eight years were referring to themselves and their situation as helpless.
Doc
Doc
  • Threads: 45
October 4th, 2017 at 12:35:43 AM permalink

I did not make it to the strip today. Other than the signage (with well wishes), have you noticed any change in the city? Maybe the mood or something else? Others have mentioned bag searches.

I have not witnessed any bag searches. Monday evening, there were a couple of guards/monitors on the entrance drive at the Venetian, but they just waved us through. I used to encounter that all of the time at the self-parking entrance at the Bellagio, and it may be the norm for the Venetian. We noticed what seemed to be a higher number of police vehicles parked on the streets with lights flashing and officers mostly just standing around, as if they wanted to demonstrate a police presence.

I think I sense the mood being down just a bit, but that might just be my own mood.
rxwine
rxwine
  • Threads: 166
October 4th, 2017 at 1:12:07 AM permalink
Quote: Rigondeaux

On the other hand, I think we clearly have a right to own some types of guns.

Should the right to bear arms, also have to mean the right to bear an armory and thousands of rounds of ammunition?

Personally, I think multiple purchases in either case should put some authority on alert whether there is any other reason or not.

As one of the survivors said on the news, at least we did some things different after 911. Shootings, no one really wants to do anything different. Same shit, different day, no improvement.
Quasimodo? Does that name ring a bell?
Rigondeaux
Rigondeaux
  • Threads: 30
October 4th, 2017 at 2:03:08 AM permalink
Quote: rxwine

Should the right to bear arms, also have to mean the right to bear an armory and thousands of rounds of ammunition?

Personally, I think multiple purchases in either case should put some authority on alert whether there is any other reason or not.

As one of the survivors said on the news, at least we did some things different after 911. Shootings, no one really wants to do anything different. Same shit, different day, no improvement.

I think we went waaaaayyyy to far after 9/11. Your Clinton/Bush types were probably going to eradicate the 4th anyway, but they really went wild after that. We also destroyed a country (or 2) that had nothing to do with 9/11 and created ISIS, so we didn't prevent more terrorism very effectively. So what did we really do after 9/11? A cannon ball into a pool of crap.

I'm not sure that the amount of ammo or number of weapons is as important as the type. And, how do you know if someone is firing off all his ammo at the range or stockpiling it?

If someone had a stockpile of hunting rifles and shotguns, I don't know how concerned I'd be.

If someone had a stockpile of weapons used only for killing as many people as possible as fast as possible, I might be a little concerned, even though they are probably harmless. Obviously, these weapons serve no practical purpose outside of slaughter.

The rebuttal to that is, people think there's going to be a civil war or something so they want to be armed for it. That point of contention can probably never be resolved. It's just a power struggle between people who think you need military weapons for the coming civil war, or whatever, and people who don't.

• Jump to: