Thread Rating:

rxwine
rxwine
  • Threads: 159
Thanks for this post from:
FleaStiff
July 18th, 2019 at 2:41:19 PM permalink
Or you can have your jaw wired shut. Do they still do that for dieting?
Quasimodo? Does that name ring a bell?
GWAE
GWAE
  • Threads: 91
July 18th, 2019 at 2:48:51 PM permalink
Quote: DRich

A quicker solution may be amputation. Don't be a failure, do anything to meet your goal.

Hmm maybe 1 leg and 1 arm? Wonder how much they weigh.
Expect the worst and you will never be disappointed. I AM NOT PART OF GWAE RADIO SHOW
MaxPen
MaxPen
  • Threads: 13
July 18th, 2019 at 2:54:01 PM permalink
Quote: GWAE

1off each side, to keep things balanced, or both from the same side?

Might be better to just do a halving and lose the legs.
TigerWu
TigerWu
  • Threads: 18
July 19th, 2019 at 8:08:22 AM permalink

Lose both legs and get into wheelchair racing. You'll be down to 120 lbs in a year.
billryan
billryan
  • Threads: 155
Thanks for this post from:
OnceDearwellwellwell
July 19th, 2019 at 8:42:17 AM permalink
How about setting more reasonable goals? Forget about losing 90 pounds in six months or whatever. Chose to lose ten pounds and do it.
Once you have done that, you'll see how easy it was and set out on losing another ten.
In ROTC, the first week of school we had a meet up where all the scholarship people met each other in a bonding session. We went around the room and everyone laid out their goals. Some wanted to be Generals, some wanted to use the Army as a stepping stone. One little guy I'd hardly noticed stood up and said his goal was to make Deans List and put on some muscle.
Think small. Get a couple small victories under your belt and then set intermediate goals. We know you are going to lapse. Build them into your schedule.
One meal at a time. Forget trying to lose lots of weight. Just make your next meal healthier. Not healthy, just healthier.
I remember a video A-Rod put out a few years ago addressing teenage obesity. His summation was- it's okay to eat a potato chip, just not the whole bag.
One meal at a time.
I will again recommend Nutrisystem. Last year, you complained about its price. How did trying to save some money work out again?
Just vow to eat healthier for your next meal. Nothing more and nothing less.
Last tip- pay cash for every meal. Credit card users at Burger King spend about twenty percent more than cash customers. Lose weight and save money. Does it get much better than that?
GWAE
GWAE
  • Threads: 91
July 19th, 2019 at 9:18:50 AM permalink
Quote: billryan

How about setting more reasonable goals? Forget about losing 90 pounds in six months or whatever. Chose to lose ten pounds and do it.
Once you have done that, you'll see how easy it was and set out on losing another ten.
In ROTC, the first week of school we had a meet up where all the scholarship people met each other in a bonding session. We went around the room and everyone laid out their goals. Some wanted to be Generals, some wanted to use the Army as a stepping stone. One little guy I'd hardly noticed stood up and said his goal was to make Deans List and put on some muscle.
Think small. Get a couple small victories under your belt and then set intermediate goals. We know you are going to lapse. Build them into your schedule.
One meal at a time. Forget trying to lose lots of weight. Just make your next meal healthier. Not healthy, just healthier.
I remember a video A-Rod put out a few years ago addressing teenage obesity. His summation was- it's okay to eat a potato chip, just not the whole bag.
One meal at a time.
I will again recommend Nutrisystem. Last year, you complained about its price. How did trying to save some money work out again?
Just vow to eat healthier for your next meal. Nothing more and nothing less.
Last tip- pay cash for every meal. Credit card users at Burger King spend about twenty percent more than cash customers. Lose weight and save money. Does it get much better than that?

I think that I have set a realistic goal for this attempt. It is 60ish in 9 months. Realistically I have a weekly plan. My goal is to be down 4 pounds each week with my weigh in on Mondays'

Just looked at my food budget for June. We spent $309.54 on food for the month with a family of 4. I think nutrisystem is something like 400 for 1 person. I am doing weight watchers this go around which I like doing. It really shows you how bad food is. I am fat so I get 59 points which is a ton. If I want a big mac I can have one for 15 points. I have been finishing each day with 20 points left.

one thing different for this attempt is that I have added exercising into the mix. Nothing overwhelming but much more than I did before.
Expect the worst and you will never be disappointed. I AM NOT PART OF GWAE RADIO SHOW
DRich
DRich
  • Threads: 69
July 19th, 2019 at 9:30:05 AM permalink

I think that I have set a realistic goal for this attempt. It is 60ish in 9 months. Realistically I have a weekly plan. My goal is to be down 4 pounds each week with my weigh in on Mondays'

Set a penalty for yourself if you don't reach your weekly goal. Make it something that will really motivate you come day six of each week. Failure should never be an option.

When I was much younger I used to wrestle. We had to weigh in the morning of each match and the day before was hell. We did all the things that were horrible for the body but we made weight. Try running with Hefty bags under your clothes for hours. Induce vomitting. Take diuretics. The coaches would give us this powder that is so sour that when you put a little on your tongue your mouth would salivate and you would spit into the toilet until you lost the necessary weight. Amazingly, you could spit out about 5 pounds per hour.
Living longer does not always infer +EV
TigerWu
TigerWu
July 19th, 2019 at 9:49:09 AM permalink

When I was much younger I used to wrestle. We had to weigh in the morning of each match and the day before was hell. We did all the things that were horrible for the body but we made weight. Try running with Hefty bags under your clothes for hours. Induce vomitting. Take diuretics. The coaches would give us this powder that is so sour that when you put a little on your tongue your mouth would salivate and you would spit into the toilet until you lost the necessary weight. Amazingly, you could spit out about 5 pounds per hour.

Isn't it just easier to just keep track of your weight along the way than to just "cram the night before the test?"
DRich
DRich
  • Threads: 69
July 19th, 2019 at 9:53:49 AM permalink
Quote: TigerWu

Isn't it just easier to just keep track of your weight along the way than to just "cram the night before the test?"

Of course, but that is no fun. Everybody wants to eat pizza and drink beer. Splurge six days a week and punish yourself for one.
Living longer does not always infer +EV
TigerWu
TigerWu
July 19th, 2019 at 10:19:31 AM permalink

Of course, but that is no fun. Everybody wants to eat pizza and drink beer. Splurge six days a week and punish yourself for one.

So why don't they just wrestle in the next higher up weight class?

• Jump to: