Thread Rating:

OnceDear
Administrator
OnceDear
  • Threads: 43
June 5th, 2019 at 3:22:00 PM permalink
Quote: FleaStiff

I received a pack of SIX English muffins this morning:: zero left. Anyone wonder why I have a weight problem?

Sneaky damned English.... mind games,,,

"I'll just have one, because that's exactly a sixth of a pack"
dammit
"I'll just have two, because that's exactly a third of a pack"
dammit
"I'll just have three, because that's exactly a half of a pack"

dammit
"Not worth leaving three, they'll go stale"

"Nom Nom Nom"
If you are enjoying the game, you're already winning.
FleaStiff
FleaStiff
  • Threads: 262
June 5th, 2019 at 4:22:00 PM permalink
don't get me wrong, I put guacamole on them 'cause its supposed to be healthy stuff.
And you KNOW I ain't am not that good at math.
billryan
billryan
  • Threads: 155
June 5th, 2019 at 4:41:53 PM permalink
Quote: MaxPen

Looks like you have to put rocks in your pockets to get the free burger downtown now.😀
Congrats though.

Thanks. Encouragement always helps.Never made it there. Hopefully I never qualify for a freebie again. It looks like I'm going to be the landlord of a keto bakery. Maybe Ill barter the rent.
OnceDear
Administrator
OnceDear
June 10th, 2019 at 6:10:12 AM permalink
Quote: OnceDear

Gwae,Keep it up matey.
Please report weight weekly by PM if you don't mind. It'll be fun to chart your progress as I cheer you on.

Aw c'mon GWAE. How about an update.
AcesAndEights
AcesAndEights
  • Threads: 67
June 10th, 2019 at 6:42:43 AM permalink
I only lost 1 pound last week, but I did a lot of boozing and also indulged in a little too much candy at work on Friday that a coworker brought in. So given those factors I'm going to call it a win.

However, last night my wife and I went out to dinner while her parents watched our kiddo. I ate way too much and then we had ice cream afterward. I was so overfull I had a hard time getting to sleep. So, gonna be fighting an uphill battle this week, going to try to cut back on the drinking. With her parents here waiting for baby #2, it's tough since they drink wine with dinner every night. Hard for me just to have one glass.
"So drink gamble eat f***, because one day you will be dust." -ontariodealer
OnceDear
Administrator
OnceDear
June 10th, 2019 at 10:53:32 AM permalink
I recently stumbled across a charity fundraiser that sends you a typical crisis ration pack, as might be given to a war-zone refugee. The idea is to get yourself sponsored to survive on that set of extremely meagre rations.

Contents have to be supplemented separately with a bag of flour and a bag of rice and some water, to give a total of...

400g can of kidney beans
170g dried red lentils
1.9kg rice
85g dried chickpeas
1 small 90g can of sardines
330ml veg oil
400g flour

Some recipes and instructions, mostly about fund raising.

That's for a week!

The charity website

Behind facebook. log-in.. a video

I post this to see who here thinks they could survive on that. I might give it a try, one day.

Let's not get into debating the merits of charities or refugee relief. Thanks.
FleaStiff
FleaStiff
June 10th, 2019 at 1:05:11 PM permalink
I've been living on Lentil Mush for weeks.
I just had a can of Red Kidney Beans, which I nuked and am presently nuking two sweet potatoes in the left over bean water with cumin and turmeric added..
the recipies are critical.
Unfortunately I added sugar to this otherwise sugar-less meal by drinking some MoW apple juice.

I've posted before about the Blonde Coyote who with two graduate degrees and two dogs hiked all over the US. She loved it even though her low twenties income meant her diet pretty much conformed to such survival diets. You can learn to live without luxuries, particularly if you don't value them.
WatchMeWin
WatchMeWin
  • Threads: 95
June 10th, 2019 at 1:19:46 PM permalink
Eat light and eat right.
Exercise every night.
Be polite but not afraid to fight.
Keep your teeth white.
Date a girl that's out of sight.
Stay hydrated with every bite.
'Winners hit n run... Losers stick around'
TigerWu
TigerWu
  • Threads: 18
June 10th, 2019 at 1:33:44 PM permalink
Quote: OnceDear

400g can of kidney beans
170g dried red lentils
1.9kg rice
85g dried chickpeas
1 small 90g can of sardines
330ml veg oil
400g flour

That's a pretty good amount of rice. Add in all the other ingredients and I could survive off of that for a week. I'd definitely get a little hungry, though. I added up the calories and if you ate everything (including all of the vegetable oil) it comes to about 1200 calories a day. That's not exactly starvation rations but it's certainly in the "survival mode" ballpark.

I signed up for it. I don't think I'll be able to make it, but we'll see... haha...
FleaStiff
FleaStiff
June 10th, 2019 at 2:22:18 PM permalink
Quote: TigerWu

That's a pretty good amount of rice. ...

Yeah, but I bet it ain't- is not brown rice, so it's gonna be tough on diabetics trying to lose weight but also trying to end their diabetes without having to undergo fecal transplant.

• Jump to: