Thread Rating:

Rendeya
Rendeya
  • Threads: 0
June 5th, 2019 at 5:30:34 AM permalink
You can stop eating if you drink some water. It balances you and you feel not so hungry.
Also, I don't eat sugar, there's a good movie about sugar, you can watch it here That sugar film, it describes everything I want to say, you won't ever want to eat sugar as much, as you are now. I even saw some essays online about healthy lifestyle, I guess everyone is interested in it, but I hope you won't torture yourself with too many diets.
FleaStiff
FleaStiff
  • Threads: 262
June 5th, 2019 at 6:11:03 AM permalink
Hello Rendeya.
Welcome to the forum.
bobbartop
bobbartop
  • Threads: 99
June 5th, 2019 at 7:48:44 AM permalink
Quote: billryan

Since you asked about dietary progress, I'm well into a protracted weight loss campaign.
After moving to Vegas, I got into some awful eating habits and had ballooned up to 417 at my last physical. Even worse, my cholesterol, and blood sugars levels were bad.
I started drinking meal replacement shakes and doing a bit of exercise and got down under 400.
Three weeks ago, I signed up for Nutrisystem, and today is day 14 of the 60 days I committed to. Weighed 384 this morning.
I still have a long way to go. I was 235 in college and 265 when I left the army. In 1999, I was 300 and I'm expecting to be there again twenty years later.
The meals with Nutrisystem are tiny, but you eat six times a day, roughly every two and a half hours apart. They also allow four outside meals a week- today's lunch is two grilled Del Taco chicken tacos and handful of grapes.

Omg, Bill.
"...The Queen of Warmongers, embodiment of corruption, and personification of the rot that has sickened the Democratic Party for so long..."
DRich
DRich
  • Threads: 69
June 5th, 2019 at 8:08:16 AM permalink
Quote: GWAE

I wish it were that easy to just stop eating. Just spent 5 hours finishing my deck project that has taken me 3 years. Built it all by hand with the occasional help of my dad. Anyways, after the 5 hours of hard work I crave greasy food. I mean like pregnancy craving of food

The longest I have gone is 7 days without any food. I would drink 4 Slim Fast shakes per day for the nutrients and lots of water. It wasn't that difficult for me.
Living longer does not always infer +EV
AcesAndEights
AcesAndEights
  • Threads: 67
Thanks for this post from:
beachbumbabs
June 5th, 2019 at 8:12:36 AM permalink
Quote: DRich

The longest I have gone is 7 days without any food. I would drink 4 Slim Fast shakes per day for the nutrients and lots of water. It wasn't that difficult for me.

Slim Fast shakes are food. Maybe not solid food but disingenuous to say you went 7 days without food IMO.
"So drink gamble eat f***, because one day you will be dust." -ontariodealer
FleaStiff
FleaStiff
June 5th, 2019 at 8:34:02 AM permalink
Quote: AcesAndEights

Slim Fast shakes are food. Maybe not solid food but disingenuous to say you went 7 days without food IMO.

+1
Quite true. Calories are calories. Even if taken as toothpaste the way the astronauts do, it is food.
Some nutrients may not be readily absorbed, such as calcium in the presence of chocolate. And certain foods should be eaten at the optimum time to feed your pathogens, but its all food be it liquid or solid.
OnceDear
Administrator
OnceDear
  • Threads: 43
June 5th, 2019 at 9:04:59 AM permalink
Quote: GWAE

I wish it were that easy to just stop eating. Just spent 5 hours finishing my deck project that has taken me 3 years. Built it all by hand with the occasional help of my dad. Anyways, after the 5 hours of hard work I crave greasy food. I mean like pregnancy craving of food

Gwae,
That was the time to play mind tricks with your body. Probably too late now, but what I reckon you should have done was scoff the mother of all salads: A veritable mountain of green salad leaves, red and yellow peppers, tomatoes, onions, raw mushrooms, one or two chopped up eggs and maybe a lump of tuna, oily fish, or chicken, with a sprinkling of strong hard cheese. Masses of colour, protein and fibre.

Plus a LOT of water with ice and a slice.

I know there will be many calories in there, but far less fast release than if you satisfy your hunger with processed carbs or fat,

I'm confident that stuffing your face with veggies and a cornucopia of flavours will do great stuff for your weight loss. And if not, then I'll win my wager

:o)

Keep it up matey.
Please report weight weekly by PM if you don't mind. It'll be fun to chart your progress as I cheer you on.

I don't subscribe to the 'just stop eating' concept, though I have done something similar, where each day that my start weight was higher than the day before, I'd starve myself for one day ( usually ) until it was back below. Theoretically that has to cause steady weight loss. But the side effects of fatigue, lapses of concentration made doing it while employed was not a great idea.

Unrelated Footnote: Play mixed tempo music while engaged in exercise or big chores.
If you are enjoying the game, you're already winning.
billryan
billryan
  • Threads: 155
June 5th, 2019 at 10:42:02 AM permalink
Quote: bobbartop

Omg, Bill.

350 is in the rear view mirror. I cracked 340, but currently staying under it is a challenge. Wearing size 48spants. Squeezed into a 46 but I like loose clothes. Was wearing 54s with elastic waist.

I highly recommend 310 shakes. If you go the meal replacement route, this is a good one. Just shop around. You can easily find coupons that bring them way down in cost.
MaxPen
MaxPen
  • Threads: 13
June 5th, 2019 at 11:04:27 AM permalink
Quote: billryan

350 is in the rear view mirror. I cracked 340, but currently staying under it is a challenge. Wearing size 48spants. Squeezed into a 46 but I like loose clothes. Was wearing 54s with elastic waist.

I highly recommend 310 shakes. If you go the meal replacement route, this is a good one. Just shop around. You can easily find coupons that bring them way down in cost.

Looks like you have to put rocks in your pockets to get the free burger downtown now.😀
Congrats though.
FleaStiff
FleaStiff
June 5th, 2019 at 2:33:03 PM permalink
I received a pack of SIX English muffins this morning:: zero left. Anyone wonder why I have a weight problem?

• Jump to: