Wino
Wino
  • Threads: 45
January 11th, 2017 at 5:19:15 AM permalink
Anyone care to share their story or stories about small or larger AP teams they have successfully or unsuccessfully formed? Currently doing small-team play and may expand to more members.
Wanda Wilcox: “I can’t stand people. I hate them.” Chinaski: “Oh, yeah?” Wanda: “You hate them?” Chinaski: “No, but I seem to feel better when they’re not around.” Barfly, starring Mickey Rourke
Romes
Romes
  • Threads: 29
January 11th, 2017 at 7:18:22 AM permalink
Quote: Wino

Anyone care to share their story or stories about small or larger AP teams they have successfully or unsuccessfully formed? Currently doing small-team play and may expand to more members.

If you can wait a month I'm sure I'll be discussing my team, how we started, the pit falls we ran in to, etc, on the radio show =). If you have specific team questions, feel free to shoot me a PM.
Playing it correctly means you've already won.
FleaStiff
FleaStiff
  • Threads: 265
January 11th, 2017 at 9:41:48 AM permalink
While I surely wish you and your team luck, I've always been of the understanding that most teams have disputes over 'playing for the team' versus 'playing for my own account'. Are drinking and tipping 'team issues'?

With "no mid shoe entry" rules do BJ teams still exist that merely signal the table hopping player to arrive?

I know some Chinese slot teams once existed but were chased away by MGM security for hogging four machines and slurping their noodles noisely at the same time. That was long ago though.
Romes
Romes
  • Threads: 29
January 11th, 2017 at 12:29:47 PM permalink
Quote: FleaStiff

While I surely wish you and your team luck, I've always been of the understanding that most teams have disputes over 'playing for the team' versus 'playing for my own account'. Are drinking and tipping 'team issues'?

With "no mid shoe entry" rules do BJ teams still exist that merely signal the table hopping player to arrive?

I know some Chinese slot teams once existed but were chased away by MGM security for hogging four machines and slurping their noodles noisely at the same time. That was long ago though.

Yes, everything you mentioned is something we've had to discuss or look at, at one point or another. All great questions for the show... Perhaps you should post them in the questions thread for the show =).
Playing it correctly means you've already won.
BobDancer
BobDancer
  • Threads: 21
January 11th, 2017 at 2:55:52 PM permalink
Check out the archives at GWAE, December 12, 2013

This show featured John Chang (former manager of MIT team) and Tommy Hyland (leader of a successful BJ team for three decades) discussing different ways they approached "team-manship."

We've had a number of other guests (including Richard himself) discuss teams and pitfalls. I know six years worth of shows is a lot to go through, but there's a lot of information there if you don't want to re-invent the wheel.
  • Jump to: