Thread Rating:

blackhole
blackhole
  • Threads: 2
July 25th, 2016 at 4:02:47 PM permalink
Hope the gambling conversations at this site are more educated then what I'm reading in this thread. Obviously, politic conversations are a bust here.
bobbartop
bobbartop
  • Threads: 124
July 25th, 2016 at 6:29:14 PM permalink
Quote: blackhole

Hope the gambling conversations at this site are more educated then what I'm reading in this thread. Obviously, politic conversations are a bust here.

Don't get your hopes up too high. I'm pretty new here, and so far I've seen a lot of dice threads. I think I skimmed a post that was talking about mentally influencing the board in a holdem game. I didn't read very far. Maybe it was a troll. If it was, that would be a good troll. Obviously there are many young people on this board, I can feel it. That's ok, I was a kid once.
'Emergencies' have always been the pretext on which the safeguards of individual liberty have been eroded.
Tanko
Tanko
  • Threads: 0
July 26th, 2016 at 2:48:15 AM permalink
Quote: LoneStarHorse

We are making America Dumber than we already are.
Example Kim K has not one talent, yet America has made her very wealthy

There used to be regulations in place to prevent any media company, or individual from controlling the media in any one market.

There were strict limits on how many newspapers, radio and television stations any corporation or person could own.

This was designed to prevent anyone from gaining too much influence on public opinion.

The Telecommunications Act of 1996 removed these restrictions.

Prior to the passage of the Act in 1996, there were fifty media companies in the USA and thousands of small radio stations.

Today, there are only six media companies with 272 media executives controlling 90% of what we see, hear and read in this country.

This is mass brainwashing that controls public opinion, trends, government policy and legislation.

Kin Kardashian is 'beautiful' because they tell you she is.

They could turn manure into a health food tomorrow if they chose to.

Democracy in Peril
Last edited by: Tanko on Jul 26, 2016
Tanko
Tanko
  • Threads: 0
July 26th, 2016 at 3:28:03 AM permalink
The U.S. National Debt Clock is working again.

$20 trillion ind Federal Debt, but much more ominous is the $102 trillion in unfunded liabilities.

That figure increases by $5 trillion annually.

The Gross Debt to GDP ratio of 105.76% shows we are now borrowing money to pay the interest on the debt.

Debt per taxpayer is $162,000.

Liability per taxpayer is $860,000.

Then there is the combined State and local gov't debt of $3 trillion.

States can't print money like the Feds.
Joeman
Joeman
  • Threads: 34
July 26th, 2016 at 5:03:17 AM permalink
Quote: Tanko

There used to be regulations in place to prevent any media company, or individual from controlling the media in any one market.

There were strict limits on how many newspapers, radio and television stations any corporation or person could own.

This was designed to prevent anyone from gaining too much influence on public opinion.

The Telecommunications Act of 1996 removed these restrictions.

Prior to the passage of the Act in 1996, there were fifty media companies in the USA and thousands of small radio stations.

Today, there are only six media companies with 272 media executives controlling 90% of what we see, hear and read in this country.

This is mass brainwashing that controls public opinion, trends, government policy and legislation.

SNL did a "TV Funhouse" cartoon about this back in the day. Not too surprisingly, it only aired once, and was subsequently pulled from all reruns of that show.

"Dealer has 'rock'... Pay 'paper!'"
MrGoldenSun
MrGoldenSun
  • Threads: 3
July 26th, 2016 at 9:22:00 AM permalink
Quote: blackhole

They're a bust most places.

• Jump to: