Wizardofnothing
  • Threads: 121
July 1st, 2016 at 1:15:43 AM permalink
Looking at presidential odds available

https://imgur.com/a/vWMcx

Call fiorina should be 20000000 million to one - it's impossible

Sarah plain? Really ?

On the democrat side they list Bill Clinton at 66-1
Is he even allowed to be Vice President or would that exceed his term limit ?
No longer hiring, don’t ask because I won’t hire you either
ahiromu
ahiromu
  • Threads: 112
July 1st, 2016 at 2:33:53 AM permalink
Bill Clinton could run for president again, the law describes consecutive terms.
Its - Possessive; It's - "It is" / "It has"; There - Location; Their - Possessive; They're - "They are"
Wizardofnothing
Wizardofnothing
July 1st, 2016 at 2:48:42 AM permalink
Quote: ahiromu

Bill Clinton could run for president again, the law describes consecutive terms.

You sure about that?

http://www.infoplease.com/askeds/presidential-term-limits.html
RonC
RonC
  • Threads: 40
July 1st, 2016 at 2:54:05 AM permalink
Quote: ahiromu

Here is the text of the 22d amendment:

Amendment XXII
Two-Term Limit on Presidency

Passed by Congress March 21, 1947. Ratified February 27, 1951

Section 1

No person shall be elected to the office of the President more than twice, and no person who has held the office of President, or acted as President, for more than two years of a term to which some other person was elected President shall be elected to the office of President more than once. But this Article shall not apply to any person holding the office of President when this Article was proposed by Congress, and shall not prevent any person who may be holding the office of President, or acting as President, during the term within which this Article becomes operative from holding the office of President or acting as President during the remainder of such term.

Section 2

This article shall be inoperative unless it shall have been ratified as an amendment to the Constitution by the legislatures of three-fourths of the several States within seven years from the date of its submission to the States by the Congress.

He was elected twice. He cannot be elected President again.

Could he fulfill the term of someone else who is elected? It looks to me like he could based on the first sentence. That only appears to restrict the number of times one can be elected.
ahiromu
ahiromu
  • Threads: 112
July 1st, 2016 at 3:06:15 AM permalink
Apologies, no idea how I became so certain about that.
Its - Possessive; It's - "It is" / "It has"; There - Location; Their - Possessive; They're - "They are"
Wizardofnothing
Wizardofnothing
July 1st, 2016 at 3:12:28 AM permalink
Eh I'm wrong a lot too- I wasn't sure to be honest
GWAE
GWAE
  • Threads: 93
July 1st, 2016 at 3:45:05 AM permalink
Quote: RonC

Here is the text of the 22d amendment:

Amendment XXII
Two-Term Limit on Presidency

Passed by Congress March 21, 1947. Ratified February 27, 1951

Section 1

No person shall be elected to the office of the President more than twice, and no person who has held the office of President, or acted as President, for more than two years of a term to which some other person was elected President shall be elected to the office of President more than once. But this Article shall not apply to any person holding the office of President when this Article was proposed by Congress, and shall not prevent any person who may be holding the office of President, or acting as President, during the term within which this Article becomes operative from holding the office of President or acting as President during the remainder of such term.

Section 2

This article shall be inoperative unless it shall have been ratified as an amendment to the Constitution by the legislatures of three-fourths of the several States within seven years from the date of its submission to the States by the Congress.

He was elected twice. He cannot be elected President again.

Could he fulfill the term of someone else who is elected? It looks to me like he could based on the first sentence. That only appears to restrict the number of times one can be elected.

He could be vice president and take over for Hillary if she dies.
Expect the worst and you will never be disappointed. I AM NOT PART OF GWAE RADIO SHOW
Rigondeaux
Rigondeaux
  • Threads: 30
July 1st, 2016 at 3:57:32 AM permalink
Quote: GWAE

She must think about this from time to time. What a story that would be.
RonC
RonC
  • Threads: 40
July 1st, 2016 at 6:46:28 AM permalink

She would not have to die. She could simply resign and the VP would become President.

Hillary could also select any living former President as her VP and they could take over.
GWAE
GWAE
  • Threads: 93
July 1st, 2016 at 10:29:35 AM permalink
Quote: RonC

She would not have to die. She could simply resign and the VP would become President.

Hillary could also select any living former President as her VP and they could take over.

Wouldnt that be funny. Maybe Hillary has been Bills puppet this entire time. As soon as she is elected, she "gets ill" and resigns. He takes over for his 3rd.
Expect the worst and you will never be disappointed. I AM NOT PART OF GWAE RADIO SHOW
TwoFeathersATL
TwoFeathersATL
  • Threads: 37
July 1st, 2016 at 11:34:28 AM permalink

Wouldnt that be funny. Maybe Hillary has been Bills puppet this entire time. As soon as she is elected, she "gets ill" and resigns. He takes over for his 3rd.

Don't put anything outside the realm of possibility when playing up against the Clinton machine. They strictly play AP.
And yes, they have a bankroll to prove it.....
Youuuuuu MIGHT be a 'rascal' if.......(nevermind ;-)...2F
  • Jump to: