A man died for me today
As long as there is war
I then must ask and answer
Each and everyday
Am I worth dying for?

If ye break faith with us who die
We shall not sleep, though poppies grow
In Flanders fields.
The difference between fiction and reality is that fiction is supposed to make sense.
GWAE
GWAE
  • Threads: 93
May 30th, 2016 at 7:18:19 AM permalink
Thank a vet, an active, law enforcement, and the like. Not just today but this should happen everyday.
Expect the worst and you will never be disappointed. I AM NOT PART OF GWAE RADIO SHOW
AZDuffman
AZDuffman
  • Threads: 240
May 30th, 2016 at 7:23:26 AM permalink
Flags at half-staff until noon only. Morning for remembering the deceased, afternoon for thanking the alive.
All animals are equal, but some are more equal than others
FatGeezus
FatGeezus
  • Threads: 10
May 30th, 2016 at 8:18:50 AM permalink
It is the soldier, not the reporter, who has given freedom of the press.

It is the soldier, not the poet, who has given us freedom of speech.

It is the soldier, not the campus organizer, who has given us freedom to demonstrate.

It is the soldier, not the lawyer, who has given us to a fair trial.

It is the soldier, who salutes the flag, who serves under the flag, and whose coffin is draped by the flag, who allows the protester to burn the flag.
onalinehorse
onalinehorse
  • Threads: 1
May 30th, 2016 at 8:26:56 AM permalink
Vietnam Era Vet here. I know that offends some real Vietnam Vets, but decision was not mine. Tried to transfer from USAF to Army as helicopter pilot in 1962, but had to have 20/20 uncorrected. Probably would be dead now. So there is that. No use re-uping, was in special bonus career field, medical maintenance at Wilford Hall hospital then Brooks school of aerospace medicine.
Remember my last day vividly.
New recruit taking my place, say his discharge date was in 1970. I laughed and said we would have a man on the moon by then.
LOL I was kidding!

Don't want to sound like an old bastard, but America was doing thing back then, not apologizing for them. Great times, especially if you happened to be white.

Thank you for your service, REALLY
  • Jump to: