5 votes (38.46%)
No votes (0%)
1 vote (7.69%)

13 members have voted

mason2386
mason2386
  • Threads: 39
December 10th, 2015 at 7:08:45 PM permalink
There has been ton of weird, nonsensical new threads and members. Tinfoil hat and conspiracy theorist time to speculate. Winner gets a free haircut without an ass kicking.......
Wizardofnothing
Wizardofnothing
  • Threads: 121
December 10th, 2015 at 7:11:02 PM permalink
Naive new members is not the case- one of them first claimed to be a writer then claimed to have no knowledge of gaming. One loses his paycheck then tries to chastise another about gambling too much on top of knowing was too much forum terminology for a newbie
No longer hiring, don’t ask because I won’t hire you either
GWAE
GWAE
  • Threads: 93
December 10th, 2015 at 7:26:41 PM permalink
Poll is stupid, especially since 2 answers are the same. Not sure why you think this horrible thread is any better than the ones you are complaining about.
Expect the worst and you will never be disappointed. I AM NOT PART OF GWAE RADIO SHOW
mason2386
mason2386
December 10th, 2015 at 7:37:17 PM permalink
GWAE, I am not complaining about any threads. There has been alot of talk on the board recently about nonsensical contributions and possible banned members returning. If the poll is stupid, block it. I believe members would like to figure out why the board is getting hit with so many fake users lately and would like to find a way to prevent it. Do you have any ideas why the board has been hit recently weird posts?
Kentry
Kentry
  • Threads: 27
December 10th, 2015 at 7:45:47 PM permalink
Quote: Wizardofnothing

Naive new members is not the case- one of them first claimed to be a writer then claimed to have no knowledge of gaming. One loses his paycheck then tries to chastise another about gambling too much on top of knowing was too much forum terminology for a newbie

Maybe I recognize when someone should quit for a while while he is still ahead rather than keep playing and eventually and inevitably start losing.
GWAE
GWAE
  • Threads: 93
December 10th, 2015 at 7:46:56 PM permalink
I don't but I am not sure how making a thread about them would help. If anything it feeds into their sociopath like thinking by giving them attention.
Expect the worst and you will never be disappointed. I AM NOT PART OF GWAE RADIO SHOW
Wizardofnothing
Wizardofnothing
  • Threads: 121
December 10th, 2015 at 7:47:28 PM permalink
The trolling in here is at an all time high
No longer hiring, don’t ask because I won’t hire you either
Mission146
Mission146
  • Threads: 142
December 10th, 2015 at 7:56:30 PM permalink
Let's suppose for a minute that some of the new Members who are alleged to be Trolls are, in fact, Trolls:

1.) Calling Them Out

First of all, is it really a good idea to call an alleged Troll out every single time the Troll posts? Not only does it further increase the noise to signal as opposed to whatever the accuser would rather be talking about, but it also gives the Troll the attention they want. (i.e. The reason they are Trolling to begin with)

2.) Same Person?

That brings us to the question of whether or not the alleged Members are all, or mostly, the same person. At this point, it is prudent to ask the accusers: Do you think I haven't IP checked them for a match, yet?

Okay, so let's say I decide they are the same person, arbitrarily might I add, and ban them as such: Okay, so if it is actually one person, he can clearly IP mask and then just come back as another new Member and do the exact same thing.

3.) Give Them What They Want

That's what everyone here is doing, if there are actually any Trolls. Playing right into their hands, providing the entertainment. Frustration? They love it.

The only real ways to react to a Troll, if you think someone is a Troll, is to either ignore (block feature) the person or to simply respond to the person as though the person is not a Troll.

Banning? Useless in this case, if this is the work of one person, the person will just come back.

Giving them attention and constantly calling out Administration for looking foolish, though? Yeah, that'll definitely work.
https://wizardofvegas.com/forum/off-topic/gripes/11182-pet-peeves/120/#post815219
Mission146
Mission146
  • Threads: 142
December 10th, 2015 at 7:56:57 PM permalink
Quote: GWAE

I don't but I am not sure how making a thread about them would help. If anything it feeds into their sociopath like thinking by giving them attention.

Thank you.
https://wizardofvegas.com/forum/off-topic/gripes/11182-pet-peeves/120/#post815219
mason2386
mason2386
December 10th, 2015 at 7:58:23 PM permalink
Quote: GWAE

I like this board and have learned alot to better my gaming. I would love to be able to enjoy it without the nonsense that has been popping up lately. It seems the MODs are being overwhelmed by the nonsense and are having to perform the duties of herding cats. I would like it to be narrowed down so that they might be able to toss out the rubbish in an easier manner. If I could come up with an easier way to do such. I thought a poll might help narrow down for them where to look. If that is a bad idea, I can take it down.
beachbumbabs
beachbumbabs
  • Threads: 100
December 10th, 2015 at 8:01:06 PM permalink
Block them. Ignore them. Don't keep repeating the same crap at them, because they make my eyes bleed saying the same thing back for the 46th time. I agree with everything Mission said above. Thank you.
If the House lost every hand, they wouldn't deal the game.
  • Jump to: